[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I get away from my parents without a college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58 KB, 645x773
How the fuck do I get away from my parents without a college diploma or a car or anything? They make my life a living hell and the whole house is covered in mold and shit like that so it's dangerous as fuck.

I just want to go somewhere warm like Florida or something I really want to go to a major city for public transit or something because I have no car. I wouldn't mind riding a bike and riding trains and buses for an hour every day to work I'm just worried I won't make enough for rent.
>>
>>16895386
Job first move second, dont go to florida be homeless, try to look online whos hiring, set interviews, dont just randomly go. Dont burn bridges at home
>>
First, get a job. Save up enough money for at least 3 months worth of expenses. That probably means something like $3000. It might take you a few months to do - you need to be disciplined and legally spend nothing while you're saving. Do research - are there cheaper places to stay at night besides renting an apartment? You can look for an apartment AFTER you get a job.

You can make it happen,you'll just need to do some legwork yourself .
>>
>>16895386
>and the whole house is covered in mold and shit like that so it's dangerous as fuck
Go and do some deep pit mining, or some steel fixing, or spend a year as an 0311 in Iraq. Then come back and see if you think your house that needs a bit of a spring clean is "dangerous as fuck".
>>
My father went a bit nuts after my mother left and left the house in a state of what most would describe as at least disrepair. They'd bought the place which was 6 miles away from anything else together with the dream that he'd go part time and semi-self employed instead of working his job and renovate the house while she continued working, but shortly into it she got pissed off with the work required and quite resentful of him not working as many hours as him though he was busting ass on the property. She was and still is very erratic and kind of lazy. I guess she wasn't prepared and socially it was kind of isolating.

We had cardboard over broken windows, no heating, a leaking roof and badly secured doors etc. I was 9 when she left and after a year or so he used to leave me a little money and vanish for several days at a time working in other parts of and different countries and I became slightly feral as a result. Skipping school, working odd jobs which I'd walk to, stealing and drinking and spending a lot of time alone. When he came back he was generally pissed off at everything which wasn't going right in our lives and would be increasingly intolerable until he fucked off again for another few days.

As I started to get a little older he got kind of obsessed with the idea I was freeloading and not paying my way and was supposed to be working as hard as he was and basically matching his effort. I didn't want anything to do with his fail dream and spluttering death march project and I was a teenager and kind of an intolerable asshole myself. Maybe if he'd sold the idea more instead of trying to actively show how much worse my life could get all the time, idk.

The final straw was when I'd replaced the engine in a car which I'd bought cheap and I was working nights after school in a factory and I rage quit after a particularly shitty week, he'd locked me outside and 'gone' again and I was sleeping in an old car in the garden.
>>
File: 1457321322792.jpg (44 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1457321322792.jpg
44 KB, 604x604
>>16895386
Faggot where are you?

I'm in Florida and need a roommate
>>
>>16895474
In order to teach me that 'actions have consequences in the adult world' he sold my car to the delivery driver of a pizza place. At that point I was kind of heart broken because I viewed the car as an upgrade to my mobility, a massive time saving device and the chance to improve my income and prospects. I think he was scared that I'd leave him there once that happened and was trying to keep me stuck in whatever rut he was inhabiting.

Didn't work. I went basically homeless and started couch surfing, sleeping with various girls who'd put me up and alternating between squats and communes in nearby cities. I was 17 and literally did not give a fuck.

I'm just ranting and having a vent, but I think my point is shit can always be worse, try and look to your opportunities and if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to make it work, but it might be uncomfortable and not exactly how you'd hope it would be.

Do you want to work a minimum wage job to afford a minimum wage standard of living and live in a terrible apartment for one watching your days piss into the wind? I didn't want that and I wouldn't have been able to accept that advice at 17.
>>
Get a job as a live in nanny or cleaner ... That's what I did.
>>
>>16895484
To that last sentence yes that's what I want
>>
>>16895511
Idk where you live, but where I live, I make more than minimum wage (40 hour work week) and still can't afford an apartment along with shit car insurance and gas and food.
>>
>>16895532
I don't have a choice in going to get roommates in the ghetto and take the bus
>>
>>16895532
I was a student and managed to get by on about 5k a year, but I lived in a single room in a house filled with other people with split bills, drama and all the rest.

The trick is to realise that basically you are a poor ass bachelor and you need to adjust your expectations from 'my own house and garden' to 'I live out of a single draw in a single room'.

After that I had a place with my girlfriend and we got by ok. Several years later when we broke up I had to go back to sharing a place again with another single friend and it was kind of scummy. The place got broken into all the time.

I can understand not wanting to live like a single guy in the 1950's. But basically if you don't, you'll be gimped in terms of spending power and the ability to take opportunities which will be able to improve your position.

Why pump money into a parody of a medium sized family home/lifestyle if you aren't a medium sized family?
>>
>>16895561
I just want a 1 room apartment, even just a studio. I am afraid to live with other people because of how many things have been stolen from me. Even when I locked the door on the bedroom that was mine they broke the doorframe to get in.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.