[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I have to go to traffic court the 23rd. I chose court because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: SPEEDING-SHOT1.jpg (31 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
SPEEDING-SHOT1.jpg
31 KB, 534x401
Okay, I have to go to traffic court the 23rd. I chose court because I couldn't afford my ticket.

I got a $280 ticket for going 72 in a 45. I also got a warning for launching from a red light and causing my tires to squeal.

My question is, what do I do? I've never been to court before. My only record is one other speeding ticket almost a year and a half ago. I don't have a defense because I was caught red handed speeding and hooning my car around town by the officer.

I don't have $280 to pay for a ticket. At the most I could pay $100. I don't know what to do, what to say or how court even works. Please help. I'm in Florida, duval county btw.
>>
>>16895210
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>16895210
When you're going to court don't dress smart, dress like a poor person trying to dress smart. Also mention that you're a college student.
Your fine will be reduced, unless you said something stupid.
>>
>>16895244
That's the thing bro, what do I say? How is it going to work?
>>
what the fuck? why can't you make $180 in two weeks?
>>
>>16895324
I have no job and need to save my money to live
>>
>>16895210
They're going to put you in jail if you can't pay up. You have no case and trying to fight like this is just going to fuck you even further.
>>
>>16895336
you better sell some drugs Jose. either that or go on craigslist and get some day work. there are always people looking for help hauling shit. you could always borrow money from an "esse"
>>
>>16895210
>72 in a 45
Hahahahahaha enjoy getting ravaged by the long dick of the law. Nobody is going to feel pity for you in that court system. If you can't pay the ticket, don't break the law. That's why I speed all the fucking time since $300 is chump change.
>>
Go in with two game plans. You'll use Plan A if the officer doesn't show up (you might be surprised at how often this happens), and Plan B if he arrives.

Plan A (the lucky one) is easy: plead not guilty, and ask the court to provide evidence of what you allegedly did. Without the officer, there will be no evidence, and they will have to acquit you.

Plan B is more involved and less pleasant. Plead guilty, ask the court to reduce your fine because it would create undue financial hardship, and "throw yourself on the mercy of the court" (that phrase is important). Bring some recent pay stubs and bill statements with you, in case you're asked to show evidence of hardship.

Plan B is not a guarantee that you will get your ticket reduced by very much, if at all. But if the officer shows up, it's the best chance you have.
>>
>>16895210
You've fucked up quite seriously there mate. The idea behind giving out tickets is that you get a less severe penalty in exchange for not taking the case to court - which is hugeley expensive for the tax payer.

The only time you want to go to court over something like that is if you have either a reasonable chance of being able to get off the charge all together, or be able to get it reduced to a lesser charge. Given as you have no viable defence whatsoever the chances are you'll recieve a much harsher penalty from the court than if you'd just paid the ticket as a "fuck you" for wasting their time.
>>
>>16895486
this is all wrong

but you're probably not from america anyways
>>
>>16895499
I'm going to assume UK from the vernacular, but as a UK bro .. yeah pretty much.

They know that plenty of fines can be legally challenged if you are a pain in the ass about it, so to avoid courts being filled up with pains in the ass at the expense of the tax payer they offer a lower rate for paying up straight away with an implied threat that you'll have to pay the full amount if it gets to court.

Somehow over time this shifted to a culture of you pay up quick and avoid the massive bill even if you haven't done anything wrong. But there is still a mechanism where you can appeal the terms of repayment due to hardship without taking it to court. OP also admits that he did it and is basically liable for it. Allowing it to get to the court stage is just poor administration and not taking ownership of it soon enough.
>>
>>16895483
lawyer here, came to say this
>>
Better Call Saul!
>>
BETTER CALL SAUL

FUCKING LEEL
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.