[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how flexible are you with facial aesthetics when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455826204888.png (264 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1455826204888.png
264 KB, 540x429
how flexible are you with facial aesthetics when it comes to looking for a significant other?

can a guy/girl be plain and average?
>>
>>16895119
I'm pretty confident. i think i have a good looking face but my jawline is pretty average. get told i am good looking. its definitely easier for a plain and average girl to get a partner than a guy. I'm about a 7, maybe an 8 on a good day and i find it harder to get a partner than 5/10 girls. I'm not complaining though. would piss me off if girls where constantly bothering me.
>>
I look very plain, so I don't expect to be with someone very beautiful.
I try use make up (concealer, mascara, lipstick, nail polish) but also to maintain natural look.
>>
>>16895138
You say you don't expect, but how hard is it for you to cope and settle with someone who isn't bad looking, but certainly doesn't spark that reaction when you see them, visually obviously?
>>
>>16895119
For me, not that important if looking for a relationship, personality is more important. If looking to just get laid, then it is more important.
>>
>>16895163
not sure if understood the question.
If beautiful boy likes me I will feel afraid? Unworthy, not good enough. Like, pity ?
I've been alone for long time, so I don't expect to be with anyone. Sometimes easier being alone
>>
>>16895174
No, I meant if an average looking guy likes you and you decide that you like him back, will the fact that you don't feel anything special when you see him bother you?

Looks matter, but to what degree is the question. I had a girlfriend who was drop dead gorgeous and I remember the feeling it would give me when I would come from work and see her, and I would just smile to myself. I too have now been alone for quite some time and I am thinking about lowering the standards and expectations. But I don't know if I will regret it later if/when things start to get serious with whatever average plain girl.
>>
>>16895119
Relatively flexible. I like when a woman has a nice pair of long and shapely legs but the face is the first thing I notice.
>>
I'm a fatter guy. Not obese, but just a bit chunkier. I'd say looks-wise, I'm a 6. That's pretty plain.

But I go on plenty of dates, had a few girlfriends, and enjoy my romantic life. I've dated hotties, notties, and everything in between. It's just fun.

So the answer is yes, you can be plain and find a significant other. My most recent girlfriend was probably a 6 as well, but we had such compatible personalities that I couldn't help but being attracted to her.
>>
>>16895189
>will the fact that you don't feel anything special when you see him bother you?
If I like him I will feel special.

>Looks matter, but to what degree is the question.
only matters to special you. If it makes you sad, it is now a problem. If not, then where is the problem? More to a person than just look, but if their look make you uncomfortable, then you shouldn't be.
>>
I don't mind average girls
But i'm told i'm handsome by most people i know
So i set high standards for myself
>>
This also depends on if you have a type of not. Sometimes some visual characteristic would make you attracted to the person without really caring for any other aspect of their looks.
I really like my guys cheekboned and blue-eyed so this general type of facial aesthetic would be able to sell a guy to me even with other mediocre characteristics, such as acne, thin lips, whatever.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.