[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job Interview Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
Just wanted to get a consensus.

I recently had a job interview. I studied previous interview questions and dressed in suit and tie (engineering inspector job with PE experience). My first job interview was super serious and long so I was banking on something of the same thing

However, when I get to the office, everyone is wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I am extremely out of place, even as a potential recruit. I interview with two dudes and they ask me What I did at my old job and any relevant experience I had. I replied with my rehearsed lines and prepared myself for another interview question.

Then they just asked me to describe myself and what type of person I am. I kind of froze. I wasn't expecting this type of question at all. I told them that I play rugby and play vidja and that was basically it.

Worst part is, I am a fairly social and cool dude. I plan plenty of trips and social activities with friends and I volunteer with community service. I literally told none of the positive aspects of me.

So my question to you, /adv/, would it be crazy to schedule a casual interview at a bar for drinks for them to get to know me better? I really want this job so I want to give this place 110%

Pic Related: I'm feeling the bern
>>
>>16895080

No. Your opportunity was during the interview. inviting them to drinks would be strange.
>>
>>16895080
You'll just get ignored. That post-interview thank you letter is all you should send.

> I really want this job so I want to give this place 110%
No you don't. If you REALLY REALLY wanted this job in the first place you would stalk the office the day before and saw how they dresses.
>>
Just see what happens, it would look really bad if you asked the bosses to get together at the bar with you.
>>
File: Bernie feels the burn.jpg (43 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
Bernie feels the burn.jpg
43 KB, 960x528
>>16895080
I wonder why you had trouble describing yourself. Guess you had a bit of an identity crisis, huh?
>>
File: 50 shades of grey.jpg (31 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of grey.jpg
31 KB, 1024x576
>>16895080
> Then they just asked me to describe myself and what type of person I am.
Nigga, you blew it. When they ask you to describe yourself, you should have 3 words and stories behind them to back them up.

Example - "I'm a good problem solver. At xyz company, my team cured cancer for under $50 and a suppository." Etc.

> schedule a casual interview at a bar for drinks
It's an interview, not a date. Suck their cocks after you get the job.
>>
>>16895451
It's a hard question, specially in the context of an interview: they have your CV the shit they probably want to know (my experience, studies, age, etc) is in there. Why they can't ask a more specifical question instead of a vague one?
>>
>>16895495
What they're asking is: How well can you sell yourself.

You should always jump on questions like this
>hard worker
>quick learner
>team player
>etc.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.