[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey adv I've been working at a retail clothing store for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-12-23-58-44.jpg (712 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-12-23-58-44.jpg
712 KB, 1080x1920
Hey adv

I've been working at a retail clothing store for a year, sometimes I take cover shifts at other stores but not so much lately. I had a shift on a public holiday at one of the other stores on my roster but didn't go because I wasn't contacted by their manager to work on that day. Will my manager complain at me for this?
>>
If it was his duty to advise you to come in to work and he did not inform you to come in then in theory he shouldn't.

But

He most likely will.
>>
Also I knew I was supposed to work on that day according to my roster but I thought it was a mistake and didn't go because no one asked if I was able too but now I'm unsure if my manager told me 3 weeks ago. I study every weekday and work every weekend. So I have no idea if my manager told me ages ago but I don't remember being asked.

Will I get in the shitter? Feel like quitting if I get told off rudely because I've accepted a lot of scrap for the job, taking extra shifts, always vacuuming, deal with co-workers drama.

Sorry for the bad grammer
>>
File: 1451282390328.jpg (30 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
1451282390328.jpg
30 KB, 442x330
You're gonna be out of a job soon, anon.

Well, not really, but you will probably be bitched at by your boss for a few minutes.
>>
You just said you were rostered on.

if you didn't want to or couldn't work. it was up to you to ring your manager.
>>
>>16894514
If it is his duty to contact me to work at other stores then if I tell my manager I don't want to work at other stores but they keep putting me on shifts is that okay? Cause I told my manager n she told me she'll deal with it but after a week for me to contact their manager
>>
>>16894505
You probably should have called the other store manager in advance to ask if he wanted you.

Now, mention it to your duty manager in a way that takes the blame off you. "Boss, you had me tentatively down to do the mall store on Christmas, but the manager never contacted me, so I guess he didn't need me after all."
>>
Y'all are right, I should've called. I didn't because I'm sick of being taken advantage of and put on shifts I don't want. I'm just going to nod and agree to w/e shut my manager says but straight after that I'm going to call the other store and say I can't cover Sunday shift. Then decline any shift that's not at my store. Not gonna let myself get yelled at again for helping other stores out and slipping up because I'm stressed juggling work/school
>>
>>16894524
It depends did that ever come up in a application? Like did u check or sign off that you where willing to do that, work at other stores?

If you did then there's not much leeway in your favor.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.