[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1416972169601.jpg (82 KB, 561x471) Image search: [Google]
1416972169601.jpg
82 KB, 561x471
Hey /adv/, I'm looking to finally move out of my parents' house, but I have no idea how renting an apartment works. I mean, you obviously pay your landlord rent and whatnot, but how does one pay/hook up utilities like water, hydro, electricity, heat etc.? What if I wanted Internet? Would you have to clear that with your landlord if installation and shit is involved?
>>
File: redfin-house.jpg (79 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
redfin-house.jpg
79 KB, 640x425
Just find a place that advertises that all those utilities are available already. (They typically are, but it simplifies things if it explicitly states it in the ad listing which ones the landlord pays for and which ones the tenant pays.)
>>
Sometimes utilities are included, sometimes not. Sometimes rental properties might come with furnishings or whiteware, and sometimes they won't. It really depends on the place, it'll either say, or you can just ask when you go to see a place. Generally speaking, if it's a higher price than similar properties in the area, it'll probably come with something extra.
>>
>>16894044
though don't assume that, a lot of prices are just arbitrarily higher in my experience
>>
>>16894073
No, of course not, that's why I said generally speaking. Sometimes it's just reflective of it just being a nicer or newer place.
>>
>>16894037
>>16894044
I thought about this as well, I've been looking at ads for a while now and it seems that pretty much everything in my area is rent + utilities, so that's why I'm wondering. I'd definitely go for all inclusive as it would most definitely simplify everything, but it doesn't really seem all too realistic
>>
>>16893945

when you sign up you ask your landlord. they are used to firs ttime tenants. they will tell you that gas and electric are through so and so company (the same one every other person in town has to use due to availability) and that oyu just call, explain you are on the lease, what unit, give them your info, and they just mail you a bill.

as for internet, you just call, say you want internet and they come and install it.
>>
>>16894083
Ah, sounds simple enough; thanks, anon
>>
>>16894081
Just ask them if it's not clear. Why do you say it doesn't seem realistic?
>>
>>16893945
Haha how can an adult be so ignorant of the world?
>>
>>16894124
not everyone comes from a broken home, anon
>>
>>16894093
All the ads I've seen in my area are all rent + utilities. I mean I might see an apartment that's all inclusive, however I feel as if I'd have to camp this crap 24/7 to finally find one that's somewhat reasonable
>>
depends where you live. Maybe try posting to a local board on reddit?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.