[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I added a girl on facebook between 1 and 2 days ago and she hasnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: uROJYzz.png (906 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
uROJYzz.png
906 KB, 853x960
I added a girl on facebook between 1 and 2 days ago and she hasnt accepted nor declined it even though she was hitting on me at tennis on last week. Im not sure how to feel about this. I think she might be creeped out that i found her facebook without knowing her last name or maybe she doesnt check facebook. Should i not go to tennis this week to avoid a possible awkward situation or am i just being a paranoid faggot?
>>
Well it is kind of creepy unless you guys have mutuals. Just go to tennis and see if she calls you out on it. If not then just bring it up casually
>>
>>16893958
I reckon if i was patient and not added her i wouldve proabably gotten with her. I think i blew my chance big time adding her on fb. What do?
>>
>>16893958
Should i cancel the friend request before tennis?
>>
>>16894023
No. Just play it cool and don't freak out over it. There's still a chance she'll accept.
>>
>>16894023
Well if the request is still there she probably hasnt seen or noticed that its you, If I remember how facebook works. If she hasnt then next time you have a match with her ask her if she has facebook to idk talk about tennis shit.
>>
>>16894034
>If she hasnt then next time you have a match with her ask her if she has facebook to
If she has seen it but hasn't made a decision, and he brings it up, he'll seem desperate and weird.
>>
>>16894049
Idk about that I kind of doubt someone would leave a request pending especially in facebook unless they're frequently inactive.
>>
>>16894049
To cancel or not to cancel?? Grrrrrrr so hard. Time to an hero i guess
>>
>>16894056
Ive left requests pending for a week
>>
>>16894056
I do that all the time, because there are some situations where I have to think about the repercussions of adding someone.
>>
>>16893929

ew why add someone on facebook like that? why not just ask her out at tennis instead of creeping first?
>>
>>16894074
Well shit then id go with >>16894031
Advice then.
>>
>>16894074
Oh shit. If my profile pic is of me and some chick at prom, will a chick that was hitting on me originally be more hesitant to accept my friend request? Ive only met her once btw
>>
>>16894082
Possibly, yeah. If you're not with someone, then generally, keep your profile pic simple with no extra people. Otherwise they'll get the wrong idea. Guys that are in relationships, that even have pics of them with their girlfriend/wife, try to hit on women all the time. It's something we watch out for.
>>
>>16894102
I dint mean to be intrusive or whatever but are u a grill?
>>
>>16893929
dude just dont go this practice and then at the next practice tell her you were trying to get a hold of her to tell the instructor you were sick or some shit
>>
>>16894117
Nah. Its nothing like that. Its really casual shit. Its a social comp
>>
>>16894122
say you were curious about her RACKet lol
>>
>>16894131
I know i am xd. But srs shes pretty cool so dont really wanna fuck this up further lol. Its not often you get an 8/10 3rd year hitting on a 1st year
>>
>>16894107
Yes.
>>
>>16894156
Ok thanks for a female perspective. Not gonna say tits or gtfo because I really do appreciate it.

For you, Would seeing someone you like have another girl in the profile picture at a prom or something be reason enough to not add someone if the reason you like them is to get with them?
>>
>>16894162
>For you, Would seeing someone you like have another girl in the profile picture at a prom or something be reason enough to not add someone if the reason you like them is to get with them?
For me, personally, I only add people I genuinely like or am interested in romantically. My FB friend list is under 50, for that reason. In a hypothetical situation, if I'm interested in someone, I'm only going to add them if A) they're not taken, and/or B) they're a good potential friend. But if I'm only looking for A, and they have photos up of another girl, I'm not going to bother. Like I said in >>16894102, guys that are clearly taken message women all the time looking for something on the side. Once you're lumped in to that crowd, it's easier to just move on.
>>
>>16894191
Are you saying i shouldnt take the delay personally? Should i just talk to her on friday like i didnt know her facebook existed. Because honestly the only reason i found her was using her first name. Which i fully understand could be slightly creepy.
>>
>>16894195
>Are you saying i shouldnt take the delay personally?
Correct.

>Should i just talk to her on friday like i didnt know her facebook existed.
Yes. Just treat her as you normally would, without mentioning FB, because that's putting pressure on her. And you don't want to do something like that at this stage.
>>
>>16894205
Is there a chance that me adding her has fucked up my chances completely?

Thanks for your answers. Ive been able to get a lot of shit out of me.
>>
>>16894222
>Is there a chance that me adding her has fucked up my chances completely?
Sure, but you never know how people are going to react to anything. It's all guess work. She hasn't outright declined, so there's still a chance that she'll add you.
>>
>>16894229
I am so fucking stupid. I wish i never found her profile. Im kicking myself so hard right now.
>>
>>16894239
Dont be so hard on yourself its not a horrible act you've just committed.
>>
>>16894239
Don't beat yourself up over it. Give it time, because it's possible she just hasn't seen it.
>>
>>16894229
If you were in her position what would you likely do? Meaning youve only casually told the guy your first name and no hint that you have a fb but you liked him.
>>
>>16893929
Not going to tennis isn't enough. You better change your name and move to Denmark. Unless you're from Denmark, in which case go somewhere else.

Grow up. Stop being such a frightened little rabbit at the thought of "oh no what if it's AWKWARD". You're worrying about meaningless bullshit. Go to tennis. You don't need to bring up facebook. Be nice to her, flirt back if she flirts with you, otherwise you're there to do your tennis shit so do your tennis shit.
>>
>>16894250
>If you were in her position what would you likely do?
Assuming he just treated me as he normally did (didn't pressure me or suddenly take back the invitation), I'd add him after a few days. Not because I'm playing mind games, but because if I'm busy, it might take a bit for me to see it.

>Meaning youve only casually told the guy your first name and no hint that you have a fb but you liked him.
If she really likes you, stop freaking out about it. I know it's hard but you just have to wait it out. And even if there's no hint that she has a FB, it's generally assumed that most people do these days.
>>
>>16894296
To be honest i have absolutely no idea if she liked me. It was only after my friend told me he was 97% sure she was into me. I really bad when i come to telling if a chick likes me. I mean, last friday when i first met her she was a complete stranger and every time i looked at her i caught her staring. And then i sat on a bench and she came over and started to talk to me about my degree and chatted for a good 15-20 minutes while ignoring the guy beside me. When my mate came over he introduced himself and he told me she started to talk in a more dismissive and uninterested tone towards him as opposed to me. I thought she was just being friendly before my mate said she was hitting on me. Do you reckon she likes me?
>>
>>16894323
"Caught her staring everytime" might be an exaggeration as i cant remember. But i do remember her staring at me a couple of times.
>>
>>16894323
>Do you reckon she likes me?
There's a pretty good chance, but I can't tell you with 100% certainty.
>>
>>16894337
Would the next time i see her be a good time to ask her out? How do i know when its appropriate?
>>
>>16894345
She's essentially a stranger. You've only just met her. If by asking her out, you mean asking if she wants to grab something to eat, sure. But don't come on too strong.

>How do i know when its appropriate?
When you get to know her a little better.
>>
Maybe she wasn't hitting on you and was just being polite?

Tracking her down on Facebook might be creepy, you should have spoken with her more and tried to get a more solid response as to whether she likes you or not. If she's under the age of 30 then she checks facebook several times a day, so she probably didn't miss it. Or maybe she just didn't know who you were because you have an Anonymous mask as a profile pic and an anime cover photo and literally no friends in common or anything reasonable on your wall to identify you with.

It could be a lot of things, but the cold truth is that she probably isn't interested, or maybe she's not sure yet. Continue going to tennis lessons, it's not a big deal, girls and even guys are hit on all the time, it's become something really casual these days. If anything you probably made that wench feel better about herself because you showed interest. Maybe there's still hope and she could end up liking you. Just continue with life and if it doesn't work out then time to move on to the next.
>>
How do I reject a friend request from a co-worker without looking like a douche?

He's the kinda guy who constantly networks with everybody and he'll probably ask me about the request if I just keep ignoring it
>>
Say you only use Facebook for close friends and family, if you have absolutely no confidence in yourself.

Otherwise tell him the truth and tell him you don't mix your private life with your work life, or whatever the truth is.
>>
>>16894992
meant for
>>16894989
>>
Whenever I'm in social situations for a certain amount of time I'll get really dry lips. Any solutions for this? I never get dry lips when I'm home.
>>
>>16893929
>that picture

Hahahahaha fucking lost it
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.