[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In an alarming turn of events I have realised I'm not actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (242 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242 KB, 1080x1845
In an alarming turn of events I have realised I'm not actually an introvert but an insecure, depressed extrovert with no social skills and no friends.

What do I do now?
>>
Bump because I need help.
>>
Work on it. I dont have social skills either but just uttering a Hi here and there is enough to get someones attention.
>>
File: 1024px-Calcite_LongWaveUV_HAGAM.jpg (54 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Calcite_LongWaveUV_HAGAM.jpg
54 KB, 1024x680
Fix the depression
>>
>>16893870
You sure senpai?
I'm textbook introvert. I'm perfectly happy being the only one silent in a crowded room.
I find uncomfortable silences comfortable.
I make few friendships and those I do I invest in greatly.

Is this you?

The depression thing could use work though. Try exercising.
>>
if you're an extrovert, just pay a little more attention when you go out and interact with others, apply intelligence to the problem
>>
>>16893870
how do you even come to a realization like that?
>>
>>16893870

>depressed

if you are REALLY depressed go to therapy. if not, get over it.

>no social skills

practice makes perfect. no one got social by just being thrown to the wolves and automatically being chad-mode. you go out, you meet people. you hang out. you make friends.

>no friends

see above
>>
>>16893982
I have a few people I talk to, I have no problem with people I already have contact with. Problem is making friends.

>>16894014
I enjoy being on my own in a large crowd, although when I'm in an actual GROUP of people I have a bad habit of never shutting the fuck up, especially when I'm drunk.

I have a fairly physical job, lack of exercise isn't among my problems. Working has helped the depression a bit, though. Enough that I'm starting to realise I have no personality outside of it, and the void kind of creeps me out.

>>16894026
By realising how much I crave human attention when I'm sitting alone at home.

>>16894032
The depression has been with me literally all my life (not a hyperbole, I started first talking about wanting to die when I was eight) and now that it's getting better, I actually have the resources to wonder how to live outside of survival mode.

I have one set of friends but I keep exhausting and overpowering them. I don't know how to make new ones.
>>
Get off 4chan and go somewhere other than your room. Meetup.com was great for me. There are all kinds of unexpected groups of people on there. It'll be uncomfortable at first, but it'll be worth it.
>>
>>16894307
I've been on Tinder.

Most people who need the help of that kind of sites to make social contact seem to be weirdos and I wouldn't want to be in any club that'd have me for a member.

Isn't it just possible to learn to NOT be a weirdo and make normie friends?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.