[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Art of Communication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1449537831671.jpg (55 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
1449537831671.jpg
55 KB, 640x587
How do you communicate with other people? I was going to look into reading books on being social and basic communications, but I don't know where to start with them so has anyone read any books on social skills and communication with other people? Anything to reccomend?
>>
>>16893684
Turns out it's really fucking easy.
You just say whats on your mind.

The hard part is being confident enough to not censor yourself, so that you say things you don't mean and mean things you don't say.
>>
>>16893708
There has to be more then that though, like I want to read peoples body language and find ways to guide conversations and pull my own weight in one so im not just interviewing someone with questions
>>
>>16893786
No, you want to manipulate conversations because you're afraid that you're boring.

Chill out and just speak your mind.
>>
>>16893817
I want to find ways to talk to people about things other than questions about them or stupid shit, I want to be able to flirt, I want to be able to just walk up to someone I dont know and not try to stumble around until I find common ground with them.
>>
>>16893684

GO OUTSIDE.
>>
>>16893890
That's the whole fun senpai.
Tbh I would 100% love meeting women I know nothing about and having to figuratively stumble around in the dark.

I bet your stupid shit isn't as stupid as my stupid shit. I'll still tell people about it because I LIKE my stupid shit and I'm confident enough to say so.

Except slice of life anime, that shit never crosses the Internet life barrier.
>>
>>16893923
So like theory craft with me, you see a cute girl in your college class how would you open up conversation with her?
>>
>>16893935

get a seat next to her.

>I didn't think I'd like this class, but the topic of XX is actually starting to grow on me
then you listen to what she says and gauge her response. perhaps ask her opinion. if positive, say more positive things
>YY (the thing you discussed most recently) was awesome because of (reasons here)
if its negative be like
>nah i get it. when i first got in here i thought (insert paraphrasing for the reason she hates it here). its grown a bit on me though.

then perhaps follow up with classes she does like. thats about as far as we can take oyu, and even then its iffy. she can shut down and not care in that first sentence.
>>
>>16893941
I always felt like the generic talking about the class was cheesy but honestly I cant think of another excuse to talk with a girl in a class
>>
>>16893950

>generic

do you think a girl sits there and says 'wow hes talking about class? IN CLASS!? THATS SO FUCKING GENERIC HOLY SHIT SENPAI'

you are supposed to talk about
1) whats happening around you and
2) what you have in common (see 1)

you are over analyzing the situation if you think discussing the class you are currently in is in any way 'generic'.
>>
"How to Be Successful and Make Friends" by Dale Carnegie. I totally recommend this OP, even if you think you know how to make friends or be successful.

Basically he writes a really pragmatic guide to understanding the human ego, which is arguably the most important part of human interaction. He gives a lot of lessons, most are basic info you know, but a lot of examples of success. I recommend reading a chapter then applying it in real life. Once you've applied it, keep reading. Trust me, this is a famous book.
>>
>>16893967
Can I pick it up at a library or something?
>>
>>16893953
Yeah I can understand your point now
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.