[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice: Don't hit on girls at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: fullmousew-fists_thickline.jpg (547 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
fullmousew-fists_thickline.jpg
547 KB, 500x534
So I'm going to vent here and you're welcome to ignore this dumb shit.

I was in a bad mood this weekend because I was vending at an event with very poor attendance. I was pretty desperate to make sales to recoup costs. So here comes this little shit Sunday morning, about 5 minutes after we'd opened. He's looking at some of the airsoft stuff I carry and seems very impressed with this gas mask. I mention it's not a functional gas mask, but it does have a fan that acts as a defog mechanism. I can tell this turd doesn't have the money for it, because he starts boasting about making a gas mask out of cardboard.

So I name the price to deter him. He falters. But instead of back off, he continues telling me inane shit about life, and then asks me to adjust the straps for him. The straps on the bottom are a bitch, and I stated clearly that I'd do it if he was interested in purchasing it. He said he was, and at that point I realized he wasn't interested in the mask, he was trying to awkwardly hit on me.

I fucking hate when dudes do this. It's a waste of my fucking time ok? At any job, I'm not there to pick up dudes, I'm there to make money. I'm not interested in your stupid fucking cardboard masks, or what celebrity you think I look like, or what you think about my personality, or what my shirt says, or fucking anything. You're a customer, I'm there to sell you shit or provide a service. I'm not interested. I'm not going to look back in 20 years and remember how romantic you were when you picked me up at my shit fucking restaurant job, or my slightly more tolerable sales job...
>>
>>16893677

And if you're a coworker? Hell no I'm not interested. You're just making my job harder. Stop fucking staring at me. Stop leaving me your number on napkins or to-go boxes. Stop with the thirsty texts. I don't care that you think my hair is cool, or I've got a cool personality. Back off. Look at all the other dudes I can talk with normally and take note.

I'm friends with a ton of guys in my life, I don't hate men. I've had some good relationships, I've had some regrettable ones. But let me tell you straight, not one dude I've dated picked me up at work. So leave me the fuck alone.
>>
If you don't want to be ogled or hit on stay out of male centric hobbies then you cunt.
>>
>airsoft stuff
You do realize that's basically a manchild magnet? You should have expected this
>>
>>16893691
>>16893690
Listen, I'm just here to make money. Also I get hit on more as a waitress than selling airsoft stuff.
>>
Yeah I feel so bad for waitresses, I dated one and she would say how guys smack her ass and she just rolls with it. I wasn't jealous or anything it's just come on, eat your food, it's why you're there. I'm so embarrassed when I'm out in a group and one of the guys tries to pick up the server. I totally get it, it must be so hard to deal.
>>
> people are constantly hitting on me, woe is me

oh fuck off.

most women will never go up to a guy, so we have to approach any chance we get. i bet you wouldn't have a problem at all if he was a tall Chad at peak physical condition.
>>
>>16893677
Hey cut the kid some slack, nearly every virgin on 4chan wouldn't have the sack to even try this.
If you can't appreciate that then you're the ice queen.
>>
>>16893680
>>16893677
I hope your dubs grant your wish and you never find love
>>
>>16893677
Where do you work so that I can hit on you and not buy anything. I love pissing cunts like you.
>>
File: 1405381158901.jpg (166 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1405381158901.jpg
166 KB, 1440x1080
>>16893734
>>16893780
>>16893785
Go ahead and ignore my advice and keep trying to hit on women every chance you get. I'm sure one will finally realize what she's missing out on and give you lots of sex.
>>
>>16893677
>>16893680
Kill yourself whore.
>>
File: 1401233056579.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1401233056579.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>16893893
>>
>>16893869
I have nothing to lose and I get to annoy the cunts like you. Why would I take your advice. Because cunts get mad?
>>
>>16893680
>>16893677
>ITT: strong independent womyn is mad people are nice to her
>>
I'm sorry, but you guys need to learn your place. You are ANNOYING, that's why I don't want to be your "fantasy"
>>
you sound mad, I bet only fugly fuckin manlet cunts hit on you huh.
>>
File: bitches and whores.jpg (130 KB, 750x1079) Image search: [Google]
bitches and whores.jpg
130 KB, 750x1079
>>16893960
You need to learn YOUR place. Someone should cum all over you and throw you in a gutter where you belong.
>>
>>16893960
Thats fine. I have nothing to lose and can annoy a cunt I will probably never see outside of her job anyways.
>>
Femon here if they are bothering you stop being a pussy and leading them on and tell them that you are not interested up front if they continue tell them you are going to report them to HR for harassment but also learn that by doing so you giving up your attention from these men.
I feel bad for guys. These are the kind of women that bullied me throughout my life and you guys are stuck dating them. I go gay if I was a guy.
>>
>>16894084
Nobody asked for your stupid opinion bitch.
>>
>>16894088
Whatever OP I am glad I do not have friends like you. My friends are strong females who do not pull bulls hit like you. Enjoy your negative attention take it in because once you hit your 30s you will be wondering why you are all alone and wish guys would treat you like they do now. You will be stuck in a hallow she'll because you focused too much on yourself and not bettering yourself.
>>
>>16893734
>i bet you wouldn't have a problem at all if he was a tall Chad at peak physical condition.
did you even bother to read OP's post at all? She wouldn't have had a problem with it if he had money.
>>
>>16894084
>I go gay if I was a guy.
not necessary when 2d exists
>>
If he was a billionaire.... U hoe
>>
>>16894084
The problem with this is if you tell them that you're not interested, you can lose your job. If your HR doesn't want to do anything about it, you can lose your job or just have to deal with it.

When I sold video games for a living, the owners told us that we were fully within our rights to ask people to stop flirting with us if they were too obvious, or ask them to leave if they persisted after the fact.

That being said, I didn't have to ask anyone to quit flirting with me, as no one was forward enough to become a bother. Chances are, OP is blowing her situation way out of proportion, though, to be fair, when I'm at work, I am literally paid to be nice to you.
>>
>>16894105
Well there that too but guys are pretty cool. They are strong from hardships. My father was injured in the Gulf War mentally and physica he is the strongest person I know. On the bright side though women like this will become obsolete when the virtual anime sex games come out.
>>
>>16894116
U also sell video games? U are a dude... U gave yourself out
>>
>>16894116
There are labour laws for a reason if she was fired for reporting she could sue the shit out of them. There is no excuse.
>>
>>16893960
>Implying anyone who disagrees with you wants to hit on you
You're an arrogant cunt, fuck off and die.
>>
>>16894132
You understand that people get fired all the time for illegal reasons, but are given some bullshit excuse, right? You understand that most people that are illegally fired couldn't be bothered to take the issue to court, right?

Generally speaking, complaining makes you a liability, and they'll fish for reasons to get you fired.
>>
>>16894240
Would you rather be in a job causing you emotional distress or stand up for yourself and address the issue to the public so that it will not happen to others? When you contact the labour board they will keep investigating job to make sure no one else is harassed. Always keep evidence.
>>
>>16893677
You sound like such a great person to be around. You must be a damn good actor to keep your job with an attitude like that.
>>
File: bait.gif (706 KB, 449x197) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
706 KB, 449x197
>>
>>16894258
It's not like everyone has the freedom to quit a job just because it causes them emotional distress. We have jobs to make money, not necessarily for life fulfillment.

In theory, it'd be nice to contact the labour board, but what are they actually going to do in right to work states?
>>
I don't think OP is still here, and I think it's probably a troll post to begin with, but I've dated multiple coworkers, I've hit on girls at their jobs and gone out with them, I've been hit on by girls when I was working.

It's not the best strategy, and sure it can be a little annoying, but you shouldn't fault someone for taking a chance and putting themselves out there, as long as they're not being scummy about it. You never know when you're going to meet someone you really fit with.

A lot of people let those chances slip by.
>>
File: dat teacher tho 2.png (195 KB, 431x541) Image search: [Google]
dat teacher tho 2.png
195 KB, 431x541
>>16893677
I'm sorry for your pain.
>>
>>16893680
>>16893677
>How dare you express yourself in front of me

This is why I don't ask girls out anymore. They bitch about shit like this. Blame men all you want, you have shit people skills
>>
File: ss (2016-02-23 at 05.37.04).jpg (169 KB, 727x543) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-02-23 at 05.37.04).jpg
169 KB, 727x543
>>16893677
How much was the gasmask?
What kind of gasmask?

>>16893691
Going on 4chan is manchild magnetism newfriend
I thought about getting into airshit because it seems like it could be fun if when you dont play with kids or dudes who take themselves too seriously. But then you have this asshole anon whos all "LOL MANCHILD GET A BETTER HOBBY"
Maybe some people like actually going outside running around and making friends?

>>16894084
Also this post pretty much. I do feel for OP and I think I have some social awareness to understand when its not a good time to try to hit on someone
but at the same time I don't have a gf because I never hit on girls. Guys have to start somewhere, fuck.
>>
>>16893677
>I'm not there to pick up dudes, I'm there to make money.
yeah, only thing is: you're hired to bring these people to your stand based on their assumption that they can flirt with you.
that IS your job. especially with some male oriented stuff like airsoft.

don't like it? sell women oriented stuff or work in a store where people decide they are interested in the stuff before they see you.
or look your ugliest at work(but you'll be fired)
not saying this is right, just saying this is obvious.

>>16894448
>Also this post pretty much. I do feel for OP and I think I have some social awareness to understand when its not a good time to try to hit on someone
>but at the same time I don't have a gf because I never hit on girls. Guys have to start somewhere, fuck
this, its pretty confusing for a lot of guys so you can''t really blame them. just be very clear about your intentions.
>>
>>16894472
Yeah. Girls need to make it clear they aren't interested, unless they want to be hit on all the time.

Alternatively, though more unlikely, he could have been trying to get OP to come down on the price of the mask. Its possible.
>>
>>16893677
>selling airsoft gear

I think you need to re-evaluate your life's goals.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.