[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College junior here, in need of some advice. I take pretty intensive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: crazy.jpg (11 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
crazy.jpg
11 KB, 212x238
College junior here, in need of some advice.

I take pretty intensive courses for my major, so I found a way to relax by joining a comedy performance club in my first year. It only meets once a week and once on weekends so its super low commitment, and I found it to be really stress relieving. It really relaxed me, and also taught me a ton about public speaking, clearly presenting myself, and even showed me I wasn't half bad at it. It really improved my mood and even made me a few friends, and last year I ran for the spot of club president and got it.

This year, we held another election after winter break because some of the seniors on the board were going to be studying abroad. This meant that the spots ended up being filled by a sophomore and some freshman. Ok, they seemed like good enough kids, I'm sure they can be responsible.

The thing is though, either I'm going crazy, or they're out to make me seem like a more incompetent president than [insert your least favorite president here].

They hold planning meetings without telling me (and I am later greeted by an "oh, we TRIED to call you" despite my phone receiving no messages), whenever I hold a meeting (the position rotates) they all seem to be going out of their way to either derail the meeting into meaningless hanging out, trying to step up as if we were trading off mid meeting, or just up and leaving sometimes.

(1/2)
>>
>>16893524
(2/2)
Worst of all was with the show we had planned this week. To start, I actually managed to get them together and determine how to divide the jobs for the planning/advertising/etc. So, we decided I would plan out the show and make the advertising, and then we decided on the day we'd be setting out ads.

So, I actually put some assignments on hold to make the advertisement. Well... as it turns out, as I was about to send it to the others for proofing, I was greeted with the response, "Oh, we already made and printed them." from two of them. Ok, well then, I could still plan it? Nope, they did that too. Ok, well, at least we could still SET the ads out. Well, I just got an angry call tonight asking where I was and where the chalk was (campus allows us to write on the pavement to advertise events). Well, I was buying it tomorrow morning because we were supposed to be doing it tomorrow... oh, but they remembered to tell the people performing except me. Whoops! Why weren't you paying attention president?

Is school stress making me delusional? Or are these new kids slowly trying to make me seem incompetent so that I can be kicked out? I'm not being paranoid, right? I mean, I've been kicked out of groups before and not when I've been the leader just because people didn't like the weird kid.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.