[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucking exhausted all of the time. I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tired_dog-wide.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
tired_dog-wide.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
I'm fucking exhausted all of the time. I don't know what to do. I've been to the doctors, but they keep passing me by; they run a handful of tests and then they're doing - they quit. I don't get any phone calls back, I don't get a follow up, they just leave me with nothing. I'm a UK fag and I have national insurance, but I need help.

From the NHS list of reasons for fatigue:
1. Coeliac disease
I got tested for it. Nothing.

2. Anaemia
Blood tests done. Nothing.

3. Chronic fatigue syndrome:
Blood tests done. White count is normal. Nothing.

4. Sleep apnoea
Sleep studies done. Sleep quality % is over 90, with 8 hours sleep+ per day.

5. Underactive thyroid
Blood tests done. Nothing.

6. Diabetes
Blood tests done (including nutritional values, blood sugar, and glycogen levels). Nothing.

7. Glandular fever
Blood tests done. White count is normal. Nothing.

8. Depression
That's a problem; I do not think this is the root cause. I think this is just another symptom of the fatigue. I've had light intolerance and dark circles around my eyes for over 10 years. I've had on and offs with depression.

9. Restless legs
Sleep studies done. Nothing.

10. Anxiety
I've suffered with anxiety, and I do not believe I'm suffering with it now.

But fatigue is a fucking needle in a haystack, so I need some help. Any ideas what it could be? How do I get my doctors to help?
>>
How's your diet and exercise habits?
>>
>>16893406
Diet: I eat a lot. I have to. I take nutrition pills so I don't have to eat as much veg. It's mostly meat, carbs, and sugars.

Exercise: I walk pretty much everywhere. I have dedicated exercise at minimum twice a week.

I'm in very good shape, 22, 6', 140lbs, 52-57bpm average resting heart rate.
>>
>>16893395
medfag here, your lab results are useless without a proper h&p.

how long have you been feeling this way?
worsening or getting better?
any daily patterns? things that make it better or worse?
and when you say fatigue, how badly does it affect you at work/daily activities?
>>
Sleep problems can be hidden in problems with diet and not enough (physical as well as intellectual) exercise as anon above points out.

I also have recurring sleep issues. At one point, though, I was having to sleep for 14-15 hours nightly in order to function normally. The one medical factor which contributed to that was a severe deficiency in vitamin B12. I started taking supplements regularly years ago and now only need 7-12 hours.

I hope this can be resolved for you, OP.
>>
>>16893435
>how long have you been feeling this way
5 years. Maybe longer.

>worsening or getting better
Highs and lows. This week has been stressful, and a lot of energy went into being stressed. It'll tend to catch up with me hard and leave me exhausted for days. Yesterday I slept for 18 hours, because I was just that worn out.

>any daily patterns? things that make it better or worse?
Yeah being outside when it's bright is hard. My eyes don't deal well with bright light. Cause and effect, I don't know which one produces which. Getting stressed drains me hard too.

>how badly does it affect you at work/daily activities
I don't know, I'm doing my best to maintain a normal life style, but as I said it'll catch up to me big time and leave me exhausted for a few days, if not weeks. I'm physically fit, but prolonged physical activity exhausts me badly for a few days. I can do an hour or two of focused hard work, but if I do 8 hours of mildly physical work, I'll end up exhausted.
>>
>>16893395
Have you tried sulbutiamine? It's designed to treat asthenia (psychogenic chronic fatigue). You may also want to try Modafinil in the daytime. It's a wakefulness promoting agent and for most people it makes them feel more awake, focused, and energized. Sulbutiamine is available over the counter most places btw, but you might also be able to get a prescription.
>>
>>16893466
muscle pain?
headaches?
STD hx?
>>
>>16893510

He mentioned several times he had normal WBC count
>>
What vitamins are you taking? List all, and the dose. Some vitamin deficiencies can cause fatigue. If you take B12, take 750mg magnesium per day too.
>>
>>16893499
I haven't tried it. I have the information on it open, I'll take a read through.

Taking a quick glance through the information, would asthenia contribute to any level of ataxia? I used to have horrible pain in my legs, got tested for rheumatic illnesses, but nothing came up. The doctors told me there's nothing physically wrong with the joints or muscles, and that it was purely psychosomatic.

And of course the obvious, any horrible side effects?

I have another doctors appointment on Thursday, so I'm going to inquire further about these medications then.

>>16893458
It definitely should not be B12. As I said, I'm a performance trained athlete (trained, but I'm not a pro, my body has the physicality for it but I don't have the skill to go pro), and I eat a lot of meat and carbohydrates to maintain strength and energy. It also should've been brought up when they did the battery of tests including nutrition levels. I can ask again though.
>>
>>16893528
wat does wbc count have anything to do with those?
>>
>>16893510
Muscle pains for a year described >>16893531

Not STD related. Started before I was sexually active.

The earliest point of feeling fatigue like this is when I was 11/12 or so, it dipped and evened out when I was 13-16. The pictures I have as a kid even reflect that, with a 12 year old me with large dark circles around the eyes.

>>16893529
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-abc-plus-caplets-60030459?istCompanyId=8b7eb14d-bd9c-4f8a-aec2-4349bbabb5a0&istItemId=irrirrxlw&istBid=tztx&gclid=CKKP2pHOsssCFcsW0wod6egEiw
It's a generic multivitamin. It's nothing special. Only take one every few days.
>>
Still here medfriend?
>>
I'm gonna chance one last bump that a medfriend might see this.
>>
>>16893395
you can ask for renal and liver function tests to see if there is a physiological explanation for your fatigue if you havent done those yet
otherwise if everything is coming back normal, you're physically healthy and getting 7-9 hours of sleep daily, this seems to be entirely psychological. thats why your docs havent been getting back to you, theres nothing physiologically wrong with you.
maybe not full blown depression, but maybe you have seasonal affective disorder or something, where you feel shitty during the winter months when it's darker
if you really want to do the drug route, i doubt sulbutiamine will do shit if you don't have b vitamin issues, probably a low dose antidepressant (SSRI) will work, get it prescribed.
otherwise all i can think of is getting some regular exercise, CBT, or having a good daily sleep and work routine may help.
good luck OP
>>
>>16894368
Maybe there's something renal or liver related, I'm not jaundice or anything though.

If there really is nothing, then I guess I'm beat. I can't do life like this.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.