[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr: Ask a guy that just got the fuck out of his field and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: life.jpg (10 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
10 KB, 241x209
tl;dr: Ask a guy that just got the fuck out of his field and is planning a Youtube career anything.
>I'm twenty-six
>have hated every job I've ever held(which is many)
>became an OTR trucker
> liked it,did well
>left due to safety concerns
>tried college
>SJW's everywhere and philosophy is a bad field
>now this

Honestly, I've hated most faggots on youtube for years for their lowest common denominator appeal to morons, butI feel I can have a decent podcast/show with a good subscriber base within a few years and bank at least $1500 a month via patreon and ads. In the meantime, I'm going to work fast food because NO STRESS.
>>
>>16893379
Why don't you fuck off to reddit and broadcast your suicide you faggot?
>>
I'm thinking about becoming an OTR trucker. Would you recommend it?

I've heard that when you first start out you have to drive with someone else for a while, which kinda turns me off the idea. What were your experiences with that?
>>
>>16893398
I did two weeks of training with the fattest of fat fucks and it was a miserable two weeks. The guy didn't shower once, had mold growing on him in various places, ate and spent money on food like no one I'd ever seen, and bragged the whole ride about the girls he fucks in different cities.

I tell you, I like having my CDL. It's landed me many side jobs that pay the bills, but if you start, make sure you've talked to a LOCAL company that will only run you within the region your in and have you home nightly, lest you wash out.

Avoid starter companies at all cost, and if you absolutely cannot afford to pay for a CDL on your own, go and get trained by Millis Transportation up in Wisconsin. Yes, you'll be contracted to work for them for a year, but they're not so bad as the others.

Master crock pot meals and tiny living BEFORE getting in a truck. Most of your money will be spent on fast food purchases if you don't.

Get a CB. Not to chat, but to know how and when to avoid a bad traffic situation.
>>
File: krusty-grimace.jpg (34 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
krusty-grimace.jpg
34 KB, 640x638
SJWs?

Look dude, any job you have you are going to deal with either mental or physical or emotional irritations/risks of some sort.

Shit, even becoming a Youtuber and saying the wrong thing will have either SJWs or /pol/tard redpillers up your ass.

Why did you REALLY leave OTR trucking? Why not get into a different type of commercial driving?
>>
>>16893409
Yeah I really feel like having a CDL would be good to fall back on even if I don't end up spending my life trucking. No way in hell am I going back to college anytime soon (I'm 23, wasted a ton of time and money in school with jack shit to show for it)

Thanks for the advice
>>
>youtube career

what the fuck is this?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.