[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chronic depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: hell.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
hell.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
Is it possible to be born with chronic depression?

My dad died one month before I was born. I'm not sure if this affected my growth as a fetus. One of my earliest memories is me around 4 years old, with my class on pre-school making father's days gifts. I remember asking the teacher if I could go to the bathroom, closing the stall and crying. After that I cleaned my tears and went back to class like nothing happened.

The same cycle has been repeating itself for the past 24 years, and I was wondering if you can be born with depression as opposed to develop it along the years.
>>
I don't think people normally get born with chronic depression, but I suppose it can happen.

Some people do start depression extremely early though.

Have you been seeing a psychiatrist? What about a therapist? They're really integral parts of the treatment process for depression, and you need to make sure you get access to these things if you don't have them already.

I've had major depression and chronic depression for seven years, and am currently getting ECT done.
>>
>>16893044
sad != depressed
>>
>>16893054
Yes I have and they never helped me. Neither did medication. But I'm sorting things out.
I was just wondering if my mom going through a hard time during her pregnancy might have caused some damage to me as a fetus.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.