[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently found out that I was the "other woman".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ytho2.jpg (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ytho2.jpg
151 KB, 800x800
I recently found out that I was the "other woman". Do I owe it to the girlfriend to tell her what went down?

What constitutes cheating and what level of sexual contact warrants telling the girlfriend?
>>
File: Other.jpg (16 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
Other.jpg
16 KB, 182x268
>>16892990

Sure. Then you and her can become besties while plotting to bring him down with his side piece.

For real though. You can if you wan't. You don't have to go into massive detail, but a heads up could save her some drama. Be prepared to get some of that hate turned on you though.
>>
>>16892990
If it was bad enough to bother you, it probably would upset the other woman.
So yeah, you'd be doing her a service. Since he probably won't stop fooling the poor woman on his own accord.

Or you can just push him away and not get yourself involved. No skin off your back.
>>
>>16893006
Not at all this. It's just that they are pretty serious and I feel TERRIBLE for her.
>>
>>16893023

lol I was just making a dumb reference to a dumb movie (pic related).

Like I said, go ahead and tell her, but be prepared to get some of that rage turned on you, ESPECIALLY if they're pretty serious.
>>
Imo you owe her zilch for what you've done before you found out. Now that you know though, you need to decide what you want to do from now on, with the knowledge that as long as she doesn't know, you are complicit in screwing her over. And with realistic expectations as to the possibility of ever not sharing the guy (as in, close to 0% chance).
>>
Cheaters will say don't tell, others will tell you to do the right thing.

I was the other woman and I did tell her. She didn't believe me at first but then she asked to meet and I told her everything. She dumped him.
>>
>>16892990
I wouldn't because more often than not, they don't want to talk to the other woman. It also seems like a revenge ploy ("if he used me to cheat on her, i'll ruin it for her too")
>>
>>16893122
That's not true lol

Most of the time, she already has a gut feeling and when it's exposed, it's a blessing.
>>
>>16892990
This is one of those situations in life where you have to put yourself in the other person's shoes. If your boyfriend, who you were very serious with, was cheating on you - would you want to know? Or would you prefer to live a lie?
>>
>a heads up could save her some drama. Be prepared to get some of that hate turned on you though.

first post best post
>>
>>16892990
>Do I owe it to the girlfriend to tell her what went down?
It's morally praiseworthy to do so but not morally obligatory. You're under no obligation to tell the woman, so I would recommend that you treat the other woman how you would want to be treated.

Would you want to be told?

>What constitutes cheating and what level of sexual contact warrants telling the girlfriend?
If you're asking that question, you helped him cheat. Stop running from it. Also, I would define cheating as an activity that violates the mutual agreement between committed partners. That could be lying, texting, w/e. It's all about intent.
>>
>>16893205
She didn't help him cheat. He lied to her you dumb fuck. She thought he was single.
>>
>>16892990
Nope, don't tell her no matter what went down. You don't know her or their situation and shouldn't meddle in their lives, plus you come off as the bad guy no matter what. Dump the guy obviously.
>>
>>16892990
If he initiated a kiss or touched you inappropriately, that's cheating and you absolutely owe it to this girl to let her know that she's dating someone who would do that. The simple heads up is a common courtesy because sometimes people don't want to waste a second of their time with someone like that and regardless, it's nice to have that information if you're in a serious relationship.
>>
I would tell because it is the right thing to do. Just tell her that he told you that he was single and were together and then you found out that he lied.

Let her know that you have no interest in continuing it with him and you felt that she should know what kind of guy he is.

Do expect the possibility for some hate from her. But if she is mature enough and able to keep a cool head, then you lucked out.
>>
>>16893030
"Lol"
You fucking normie. Actually leave you dumb cuck. FUCKING GET OFF THIS BOARD GODDAMMIT REEEEEEEE FUCKING LEAVE NORMIE BITCH
>>
>>16893215
Nah, that shit only flies if you come to them up front about your relationship status. She found out after the fact. He doesn't deserve to keep betraying this woman and sullying her honor like this by lying. That's downright dastardly and you have to act if you have even a shred of moral fiber in your being.
>>
>>16893210
Whether she was ignorant about it or not, she actually did help him cheat because she had sex with him when he was committed to someone else. A technical point, but true none the less.

Also, you're judging before you know whether her ignorance was appropriate. I've had women act like they didn't know either and it's like Really? I have pictures of us together on my fucking bed stand and referred to her as my girlfriend and you want to pretend you didn't know?

Women lie to themselves all the time. Also, calm down.
>>
>>16893296
FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.