[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently I got a girl's number and I want her to be comfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455472536061.gif (2 MB, 297x391) Image search: [Google]
1455472536061.gif
2 MB, 297x391
Recently I got a girl's number and I want her to be comfortable while texting me. Thing is, along with the obvious social awkwardness I am working on, I use proper grammar and spelling, especially when texting.

My "Internet/text laughter" is limited to lol/LOL, maybe kek depending on the person I am talking to, and if I'm desperate, a "heh".

Because of this, I'm come off as serious, when I'm not. Now the even worse problem:

I don't like contracting things the way people do in my country. "porque/por que/porquê/por quê" turned into "pq". "você" becomes "vc". The letter K is spammed to mean laughter("kkkkkkkkkk"), along with other acronyms that are used. I find these repulsive.

The same happens with the girl I'm talking to, but rather than the above, she uses words like "shipping" in that Tumblr/whatever way of saying "I would like these two to be a couple".

I'm not saying I'll stop talking to someone because I don't like the way they text. I just don't want her to think I'm being serious all the time. I avoid using the same kind of Internet vocabulary she does for my own reasons, but want her to know not to need a serious face when talking to me.

Any help other than the obvious "don't act so uptight"/"mimic her manners of speech"/"learn to like and use her words"?

Pic unrelated, but man do I hope I'm ever in the same situation as that guy with said girl.
>>
What you do is that you take 15 mg Zopiclone and a few beers. That will solve all you issues and you won't even remember what you said when you wake up.

Next day you will have a date.
True story from my life.
>>
>>16892796
Sounds fun, but not into alcohol or drugs. I'd like to at least know what I did right so should(definitely will) I fail to progress with this girl I could try it on the next.
>>
>>16892806
Dude, this is like asking "I was playing a guitar without having practiced at all, and people didn't like it, what did i do wrong?".

You have to learn from experience.
>>
>>16892832
I'm not asking about what to do to get a date with her. The OP should make that clear. I come off as serious and would like to know if anyone has tips to keep my manner of speech without letting it intimidate others or make them think I expect serious responses to everything.
>>
there's literally nothing to gain from typing like a moron. If you write normally, nobody is going to penalize you for it. If you text in chatspeak, yes SOME people might not care, but some definitely will not like it.

just write normally, this isn't one of those things that's important.
>>
>>16892775
vc e br? kkkkkkk
>>
>>16892868
I am. Hello.
>>
>>16892846
Typing correctly gave others the impression I'm a serious person. I had that problem even on IRC, where I joked around often, and used a minimal amount of Internet lingo, as well as disregarding punctuation(end of sentences, not commas, if that is also considered punctuation) and starting capital letters.

Maybe the problem is with the things I say or the way I do so rather than my manner of speech?
>>
>>16892796
>thinking you can get high on zopiclone
Nigger please, zopiclone is what your doctor gives you when you meet the indications for temazepam but he thinks there's too much risk of you abusing it and/or becoming dependant. That's like taking a couple of asprin and expecting to get the same hit that half a dozen tramadol would give you.
>>
>>16892775
>haha
>k
>emojis
Use these, especially if your chick is a basic.
>>
>>16892949
K doesn't work in Portuguese. Emojis will have to do, I guess, I'll try to use them, but don't smileys seem rather childish?

As for her being a basic: what defines a basic girl? Not gonna pull a "everyone is different and special" speech, but I need to know her better to consider her average, I'd that is what you mean by basic.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.