[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I no longer appreciate my gf the way i should a year ago, shes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1438333342908.jpg (39 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1438333342908.jpg
39 KB, 450x370
I no longer appreciate my gf the way i should

a year ago, shes honestly what i would have described as my ideal girl, really cant emphasize how perfect she is

About 2 weeks ago, this new girl at work started making it obvious she likes me. Ive kind of avoided her but the temptation is really really bad
ive been more interested in this girl, less interested in my gf
i keep thinking about being single again. thing is i know it wont make me happy

my gf is very clingy, shes always there when i want her and thats maybe why i dont value her enough

i honestly just want to go back to 2 weeks ago when i thought she was the hottest girl ever and i wanted to spend every moment with her

why has the passion faded? can i get it back?
>>
>>16892741
You have a crush. Ignore it and don't act on it.
>>
>>16892749
i know i do
im not an animal i can ignore my crush, but will things go back to normal after it fades?

I think half my problem is i forgot the excitement of a crush. but i do know the security of a loyal loving gf is better
>>
What do you want us to say to you?
Nothing we say can help. You have to make that decision on your own and realize that you are already replacing your girlfriend (in your head) with someone else, based on a hunch that she might like you back.

Now that doesn't scream love or loyalty to me. I don't think you are ready for a commitment and I think you should reconsider your relationship with your girlfriend.
>>
>>16892824
this new girl definitely does

but thats not the point. my current gf is really perfect so why cant i into commitment?

I was fine until recently
>>
>>16892741

The answer is hormones. When you first met your gf your brain flooded you with delicious hormones for the first couple months, then there was a huge crash, which is totally normal. Then you grew appreciative of each other on a companionship level, but nature is a bitch and those yummy beginning-of-relationship hormones do not come back. The same thing would happen over time with this new chick. Monogamy is hard.
>>
>>16892741
Don't emotionally cheat. As in try to avoid being friendly and pally. Even if it starts innocent , it'll make the crush worse.

Once the crush goes, and it always does, then think about what you have right now. With a clear mind, assess it all again and then if you need to, start talking and stuff to make make what you have even better.

But yeah, with this new girl, that's totally normal. Take it as a wakeup call and avoid it like the plague, and after it then start thinking it through.

Oh and once she stops liking you (girls dont wait forever) you probably won't find her that interesting. I can't help but feel some attraction to even fakest of girls even when I know exactly what they want. As soon as they're not interested I feel disgusted that I felt that way even in the slightest.
>>
>>16892872
This is an important question.
Does she know you have a girlfriend?
>>
>>16892741
You're a slut. Like a girl that can't help but guzzle down as much bbc as she can, you can't help but have these frivolous flirtations with bitches at your damn workplace. If you want things to work out with your gf and go back to normal, stop emotionally cheating on her - ie: texting this rando with more than one or two word answers, flirting with her at work, consciously thinking about her all the time, etc.

If you don't want things to work out with your gf though, then dump her so she can be perfect for someone else. And you can have your one month fling with this chick from work before it burns and crashes and your life becomes an awkward mess. Doesn't even take a psychology degree to figure that one out man.
>>
lol typical male

>new shiny toy is playing with me guyz wat do

ugh
>>
>>16893143
This.

Also this thread is one of the reasons why I don't trust males. Shady as fuck.
>>
File: haran.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
haran.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>16893156
for every male degenerate there is at least 500 women degenerates
>>
>>16892755
Use the sexual energy from your crush to fuel sex with your gf. Fantasize about the crush and have fun with it while continuing to limit real life interactions. Maybe pick up some lingerie or some toys for the gf to make things more exciting. Also, spend some time apart (not with your crush, obviously). For example, could you go on a weekend trip with a sibling or some friends? Spending time apart improves relationship stability and makes you miss her.

Monogamy is tough. We all go through phases in long term relationships where we're bored, or less attracted to our partners, or even annoyed by them. It doesn't mean you love her less, or that she isn't "the one", or that you're a bad boyfriend. It is just normal. Give it a few weeks and you'll swing back to the other direction and be into your gf again, especially if you make an effort to do something fun or new with her and do some activities alone.

>>16892908
is totally true.
>>
>>16892741
>why has the passion faded?
Because you didn't build it on the right foundation. You built your house on the sand instead of the rocks, and now that the storms are rolling in you're getting washed awaaay.

>my gf is very clingy
Red flag. Immature. Toxic.
>shes always there when i want her and thats maybe why i dont value her enough
Yes, but you also don't appreciate her. It sounds like you wanted to put your cock in her, but that's a lot different than respect, appreciation, etc.
>when i thought she was the hottest girl ever
Stop focusing so much on looks. This is coming from a 29 year old male. There are plenty... pleeeeenty of hot women out there. But how many women are out there that you can actually build a successful life with? Not many, and that shit doesn't have a lot to do with her face.

So find a girl that gets your dick hard, but don't prioritize that shit over more important things like:
>not having a clingy girlfriend who shoves her head up your ass at all times.

In short:
>Your relationship doesn't sound like a lasting one anyway, so I would probably break up with my girl, fuck the new girl without telling her I was single to make the sex hotter, and then probably leave her too to find someone actually worth a shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 180x180
From my own experience which honestly is very similar, stay with your girl dont cheat, the truth really is you dont realise what u got til its gone. spice up your sex life, thats another good one. it works i promise
>>
>>16892741

This is good advice. Really those crushes on other people are inevitable. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's only going to happen this one time, or that your gf is immune to those herself. They are a normal part of any long-term relationship. Well studied, even.

Another thing that works is taking some vacation time away from your gf periodically. Your brain will reward you with a nice little hormonal spike when you return. It crashes fast unfortunately. But, still enjoyable.
>>
>>16893174

Oops. Meant to quote this guy.
>>
>>16893167
I don't believe you.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.