[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
femanon here, how do i be happy /adv/ >studying a degree i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
femanon here, how do i be happy /adv/
>studying a degree i have no interest for anymore
>don't talk to anyone on my course anymore from not being there enough
>studying far from home so can't go back home as I please and see family
>lost contact with most my friends back home as they're all having kids or getting married
>have no hobbies
>girl i was dating & fucking for ages is now fucking some other guy and i've got feelings for her
>giant confidence knock due to being mugged and abused recently when i was ditched on a night out
>reliant on drugs & alcohol to feel good about life and end up feeling 100x worse.

It's not even like i'm ugly or one of them stereotypical butch looking girls, I usually find it easy to get with guys/girls on nights out or talk to them perfectly fine. just this confidence knock has taken everything out of me and I don't know how to get back on track with anything and my motivation is at an all time low, just legit feel like ending it. anyone been in similar situations or got any words of advice
>>
>>16892493
Oh boo hoo I can get hookups but am so sad guys please make me feel better!
>>
>>16892493
Oh shit you're me but a girl.

Here's what I did.

I dropped out and went home. I got a job.
Now I'm getting in shape for the chair force.

Try those.
>>
What degree?
Please finish college, something, anything. Or you better have something lined up. Dropping/failing out would be a huge mistake

Quit going through the motions, that's why you're apathetic. Realise you want to achieve those goals: good career, love, friends, etc.

YOU want to achieve them. No one else is forcing you to.
>>
>Please finish college, something, anything. Or you better have something lined up. Dropping/failing out would be a huge mistake

Don't listen to this guy. College isn't mandatory for a job or a good life / career. Pursue whatever goal you want to, don't be fooled into thinking you NEED a degree. Cause that's bullshit.
>>
>>16892493
you are going to like the course even less if you dont attend the class. you should attend more and actually make friends. how can you have no hobbies? i dont understand this. all sort of hobbies you can get into - video games, books, drawing, martial arts, writing, cooking, music, instrument. sorry you got mugged though. you should work on self improvement and set your self goals, it sounds like you have no aim in life.
>>
>>16892536
some jobs actually won't hire anyone with only high school unless they get a fuck load of work experience in something useful somehow. trade school would be better, but otherwise unless you manage to worm your way into something you're kind of fucked. and she won't be able to get any high paying grunt jobs in oil fields so unless she wants to take an online receptionist class and do that until she dies from old age she needs some education under her belt or at least a career direction that doesn't end in minimum wage cashier for life.
>>
>>16892552
Nope. You are never ever "fucked". And cashiers are not to be looked down upon, i don't think that any honest occupation should be scorned. I respect all working people. If you work with flipping burgers or delivering newspapers for 30 years, i respect you for it just as much as an engineer or lawyer. We can't all be hotshots.
>>
>>16892552
im worried i am going to fail university. i seem to understand the theories better than everyone else in my seminar classes but i struggle at writing essays, maybe its because i am dyslexic. i would never work in a dead end job.
>>
>>16892507
It's not about hookups though, i'm just trying to put forward that it's something that isn't hard for me to do if I wanted, as people assume that getting laid can help with this sort of shit, making you feel better etc, but for me it's not ideal

>>16892552
I had worked as a cashier back home, and as I'm from a really desolate area which is practically the middle of nowhere, I felt really stuck and as though I was going to be in that job forever, which is why I made the decision to move and study. I'd had a fair few jobs before that but the travel expenses to work somewhere from home were more than what I was making, and I couldnt stick them out for longer than a year, and I got fired from one of which
>>
Stop scaremongering college you fuckers. If it's shit, it's shit.

>>16892571
Uncle was dyslexic and ended up travelling the world as a radar tech for 20 years. No degree.

You're not your college education, just do whatever.
>>
>>16892642
thanks for the motivation. i know some extremely intelligent people where dyslexic. it is just hard to conform to an academic study with dyslexia. How we learn and reflect out knowledge is different in comparison to others.
>>
>>16892642
our*
>>
File: baby tv crying.jpg (265 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
baby tv crying.jpg
265 KB, 600x587
>>16892493
Holy shit. This is exactly where my life is at now too. Reading this made me feel a little bit better about things.

I still don't know what a solution would be, but just remember that you're not alone. There are plenty of people out there struggling on the same plane as you. You can do it.

So far, I've been getting by through not thinking about the future at all. Literally taking it one day at a time. Maybe people who know more than I do will tell me that this will bite me in the ass in the long run, but so far it's kept me happier and more motivated.

Also alcohol.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.