[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went on a date with someone way out of my league and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Font-of-Vigor-Art.jpg (304 KB, 1600x1163) Image search: [Google]
Font-of-Vigor-Art.jpg
304 KB, 1600x1163
I went on a date with someone way out of my league and I'm not feeling it.

She is better looking, in a doctoral program, and probably one of the most genuine and kind people I have ever encountered.

There just wasn't a real spark. We talked about real things in our lives and personal thoughts and opinions...but there was no challenge. We agreed on most of what was being said and whenever we did have differences they were just glossed over as something that wasn't worth mentioning.

It is kinda like....uh thanks for being mostly perfect but could you please go find some flaws so I can be less insecure and find things to settle into accepting? I would be much more comfortable with that.
>>
>>16892349
When I go out with someone for the first time I try to be as good as possible. Not lie about myself, but surely I won't be like "You know, sometimes I fart in bed and I am annoying when I am on my period".
It is pretty normal to not show your flaws at the beginning. That's the honeymoon period. You see your partner as the most perfect human being on earth. Then you do realize they have flaws.
Probably she has a lot of flaws you're not aware of.
>>
Your story reminds me of a date I had - with someone I'm really into actually, and we got along really well because of these perfect similarities, and passion! Then I realised we also had a lot of challenges too, and sparks have flown, not without some pain and drama I might add, however, just see. Not for the long term if there's really no spark, I found there was. Again, and again
>>
Actually, perhaps it's that combination you were hoping for but didn't quite find. Just a date I guess, I had a lot of dates with said person before..I realise I hadn't clarified that properly in my thinking, anyway. I guess sometimes you just know after one date
>>
And I don't consider myself better looking than that person, even though they thought so, it was odd
>>
>>16892349
Stop being a Negative Nancy and start liking yourself you dweeb.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.