[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thinking of becoming a detective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: x.jpg (812 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
812 KB, 1920x1080
sup /adv/ thinking of becoming a detective
what do?
i only have haxor skills should i become a computer forensics
help me old fags
>>
File: lanoire_earle_1920x1080.jpg (869 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lanoire_earle_1920x1080.jpg
869 KB, 1920x1080
>>16892095
bump with L.A Noire wallpapers
>>
>>16892095
Do call up your local PD and ask them.

Don't sign up for criminal justice classes at your local online money pit like Devry or Phoenix.
>>
>>16892157
Thanks bro
I saw some shit on Wikihow
Looks like i need 4 years in some university idk
>>
I actually worked as a PI myself for awhile. If you want some good advice, make some business cards and network in social circles you can get access into. Just give them your card and tell them for $75 you can get information for them on people they have a vested interest in. It works much better when you meet people face to face to get your name out there
>>
so you played a video game and now you want to live like a fantasy story?

be realistic.

to actually become one I think you need to become a police officer and work towards becoming a detective in your later years. you'd need to prove yourself better than the competition. they don't just hand out those jobs at a station. there's forensic departments but they tend to favour people with police experience, and those aren't detective jobs. look up job rolls in police stations and college programs that go with them. also browse your city or police job boards and look for openings in those positions to get an idea on the requirements.

there's "private" investigators who are basically professional stalkers but those are licensed jobs in most areas that retired police officers tend to fill and you'd have to build up a reputation/ clientele and get a handle on the law to not land yourself with multiple restraining orders.
>>
You see young one.
You don't choose the job.
Job chooses you.
When I was young I had this dream of working as an engineer. I was always good at Maths and was the A+ kind of student.
But you should just give up your dreams and follow the easier path.
It will spare you from the pain.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.