[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Studying with a Girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (635 KB, 1562x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
635 KB, 1562x2048
A girl after class asked me for help with calculus, she isn't getting the class and wants help tomorrow. I think she's cute, and kinda want to build a relationship with her and escape tfw no gf, any advice on doing this, without being creepy or autistic? I can see myself studying with her regularly
>>
how do you jump into gf mindset with just that?
>>
Tell her you'll help her in exchange for a date. If she says no it wasn't meant to be.
>>
Hard to say she may actually need help and knows you're good or does like you somewhat I'm sure there are a few options for help at your school. I'd say don't be an asshole and try anything the first few times. If the session is long enough maybe suggest a break. I'm assuming she is single.
>>
>>16891336
Do the help session absolutely straight. If it goes well, you can suggest another, or maybe a trade - now she helps you with your French or whatever. If she's up for a second combine it with a coffee. If that goes well, suggest a movie or something.
>>
>>16891342
Uh no. My bf and I met as lab partners. He asked me out right at the start and I said no, because I didn't know him that much and it was my first semester ever (unsure of how busy I might be). Before 2nd semester he asked me out again and I said yes. Now we're over a year together.
>>
>>16891342
Noooooo don't say that ugg
>>
File: poundshopenochpowell.png (319 KB, 632x420) Image search: [Google]
poundshopenochpowell.png
319 KB, 632x420
>>16891342
She actually needs his help. If he holds her hostage over it, she'll see him as a bastard and lose all interest.

OP, just get to know her first and let her get to know you. Have a few study sessions and if that goes well invite her out to do something you'll both enjoy.
>>
Just try to get to know her a bit during the study session, but KEEP TUTORING THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Don't ever make it seem like you just want to get a date out of it unless she strongly implies it I guess. It's just a tutoring session and you also might get the opportunity to know this girl better and see if you two click. Just keep it at that level.
>>
If she asked you for help, she wants help. She doesn't want you to make passes at her. I agree with >>16891645; use this as an opportunity to get to know her, but make sure you actually help her out. Don't just sit and ask her questions about herself

>>16891342
This is one of the cringiest things you could say. This is "where's my hug?"-tier
>>
File: 1446673207547.png (201 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1446673207547.png
201 KB, 500x371
Whatever you do, don't help her. If you help her, she'll think of you as a beta provider and she will never respect you.
>>
>>16891658
Is that you in the picture?
>>
>>16891661
No, it's the girl's image of OP.
>>
>>16891336
Pic related looks like alt-j's last album cover.
>>
File: 1457298067613.jpg (1 MB, 2310x1781) Image search: [Google]
1457298067613.jpg
1 MB, 2310x1781
>>16891657
>>16891645
>>16891604

This, keep it cool, after a few study sessions, maybe study consistently with her, ask her if she wants to hang out one weekend, and go on from there. Just be friendly, and flirty when appropriate (and ONLY after you get comfortable with each other, play it off as a joke to be safe)
>>
>>16891336
You have an opportunity breh. Don't waste it by giving off thirsty cues. Make a sickcunt impression and make her enjoy your presence. Then shit should lift off smooth.
>>
Why the fuck do I see a Pepe in OP's image. Is this some next-level, ultra-rare abstract kind of Pepe?
>>
>>16891336
If you help her, help her without any ulterior motives. Seriously. Don't be a fag boi going in there thinking, "Ooooo I'll help her...and then she'll suck my dick!" No. Decide if you want to help her, period, full stop.

THEN, when you're there, feel her out like any other social situation. Help, but maybe tease her a bit, see how she responds. When there's an opportunity, ask her a few questions about herself. If she gets weirded out by this then she's probably not interested, just tell her hey, we're studying together, I like to get to know people I help, etc. and then detach yourself gracefully and don't help in the future unless you want to philanthropic.
>>
>>16891342
Better version of this, if she is like "Oh thank you OP, however can I repay you, and you say aight bitch you, me, chili's, friday
>>
>>16893170
>>16893170
>>16893170

It's just like daily dose at this point
>>
OP here, thanks for all the great advice. Quick question; is it a bad idea to buy her a coffee during our first study session, or should o hold that off for later? Thanks
>>
>>16893810
Kinda, yeah. If you were the one needing help, then I think it'd be okay to buy her one as a thank you, but it'd be weird in your situation
>>
>>16893825

I was thinking it more as a being friendly thing, is that too beta?
>>
>>16893885

Nah, no big issue with doing that
>>
Honestly, don't go into it with the expectation of dating her. Be honestly okay with just being friends. Talk to her about regular stuff and see if you have a natural friendship. and then don't ever try to date her. eventually she'll introduce her to her friends and, if my experience is correct, she'll play matchmaker for you and you'll find your next girlfriend.
>>
>>16891336

I wouldn't look too much into it. She sees that you seem to know how the fuck the class works and she probably just wants some help. I had similar situation happen to me back in my BA and then a few years later in my MS. Both of the times with the Statistics class (which is fucking ezpz and it blows my mind how some people find it hard).

The first time was with 1 girl. The second time was with about 5 girls. I did it for the satisfaction of knowing that I helped someone out.
>>
>>16893885
>mfw having friends makes you a faggot
>mfw the cool kids were faggots all along
thanks op knew I was right
>>
It happened to me quite a few times in college where I was asked to help study and the girls were doing this really to get to know me. In fact, that was the more common reason. It's just a way to get to know people better and see if there is a connection while getting help too. Don't be a spaz or pussy. If you sense the nasty give her the bone.
>>
>>16891658
>>>/r9k/
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.