[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I tell a friend that I have feelings for her without ruining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n062pd1t9j1s6af9lo2_500.jpg (76 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n062pd1t9j1s6af9lo2_500.jpg
76 KB, 500x498
How do I tell a friend that I have feelings for her without ruining the friendship?

I realize that however I say it, her mind is already made up whichever way it may be, and there's always gonna be that risk/awkwardness, but I don't want those things to be worse than they need to be if she doesn't feel the same way.

Is "I need to be honest about this, I have a bit of a crush on you" a good way to say it?
>>
Don't "confess" that's inorganic and awkward as fuck.

Just ask if she'd be interested in going on a date some time.
>>
>>16891104
The thing is, we've already done a lot of date type stuff without calling it that (or anything else), and I've had it before where I realize long after the fact that I went on a date without knowing it.
>>
Feed her and put her in a good mood first.
>>
>>16891121
If she was interested in you, she's be receptive to your date-type stuff. Just stop talking to her. Nothing good will come out of this. Trust me.

We've all been in your spot. From my experience, a week to two weeks is generally the best time in which you can take a girl out on a date as more than a friend. After that, she's probably lost interest in you, which means that if you have any interest in her, you'd better start packing up and cutting your losses sooner rather than later because it hurts you less the earlier you stop.

You can do it. There's nothing stopping you from moving on. If she texts you, don't respond. If she confronts you about it in person, just tell her you don't want to talk about it and leave her hanging. Generally speaking, women do not deserve closure.
>>
>>16891097
Listen OP I learned this recently

Unfortunately there is no way this can work out with a win win situation. It can go one of two ways, you ask her out she says yes and whatever, or you ask her out and she lets you down easy if she is nice or just shuts you down if she is a little mean but whatever, the end result is you won't be friends anymore. I can honestly say that scanning /adv/ and just hearing other stories that once you tell a girl how you feel if she doesn't feel the same then you wont be friends anymore or at least the kind you are now. She will become distant not to hurt you or feel like she is leading you on, she will try to set a friend wall up so you know your place. Be 100% sure before you say anything here are some ways to know

>Does she touch you alot? Gentle nudges or whatever

>Try to notice if she is staring at you when you hangout in groups

>If you can look in her eyes try to see if they are dilated when she looks at you I read recently that means that's shes really into you

Basically OP do some tests to make 100% sure then come back here and post again with results

Also a little more info how long have you been friends? usually with girls you have to make it apparent that you like them pretty fast or else they will just see you as a friend and move on

But when you get your test results post the same picture and I'll find you and come back to talk
>>
>>16891505
I can see either way really. I noticed she talks to me a bit differently than she does with most people (usually doesn't swear as much around me, tries to act classier).

She hits a lot of basic points, and casually mentions things like "stalking" really far back (months) on my facebook account, having dreams involving me, etc.

We've been friends for months. At first I just saw her as a friend, not much else, but we grew closer and I guess now I see her pretty well in the "I'd be down if you'd be down" zone.

She's a really good friend overall, and I'm kinda torn between what I fear more: regretting not saying something (I know it would sting if I did nothing, we stay friends, and then she's dating someone else down the road even if I've mostly avoided oneitis), or regretting having said something and losing one of my closer friends.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.