[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Breakup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Broke up with girlfriend due to complications. It could've worked but she's not in the position to realize how we could fix this and her interest is gone.

How do I get over this? This is really fucking hard and I don't know what to do to feel good. She won't accept meeting with me for any closure and I feel that's the only way I can move on. I just want to get over her.
>>
>>16891029
Have you tried drugs and alcohol?

If not just give it time. You'll think about her less and less as time goes on.
>>
>>16891032
I'm considering alcohol. Will that really help?
>>
>>16891029
Fuck another girl.
Not even kidding. The attention from another girl will take the edge off what your brain is doing right now (which is literally addiction withdrawal).
Dating and sex with another girl is the quickest way to get over it.
>>
>>16891034
Till you run out of the stuff, Yes it'll make you forget about her. You'll feel like shit in the morning and if you do it constantly ruin your life. No skin off my back though so go nuts
>>
>>16891029

So let me tell you bluntly how closure is not going to solve anything.

Relationships sometimes don't often get closure because both sides are not happy, but don't want to leave each other because they care about each other. You can seek that closure, fuck you might even get it if you want to try hard enough, but sometimes that answer doesn't take a form, and you'll keep grinding to make sense of it.

I've done that before. I deeply cared about my ex, and I still do, but the time we probably could've gotten closer quicker, was thus delayed because I kept scratching for a answer.

Until very recently I identified why we couldn't work out, and when it hit me, it was like I could operate again, fully and not be hurt by seeing a picture of her, or her plaguing my mind. That's what is going to happen, you'll throw yourself into a self loop of seeking a answer that may never even solve itself. It took me going to a wedding and surrounding myself with people that wanted me that helped me move through this and identify what I thought needed to improve on. This possibly may be what you need, but if you ever want this chick remotely close to you.Tips.

>Delete her off of social media
>Delete her phone
>Break contact
>Chill with friends and peeps that want to hang out with you

Easiest way to heal this.
>>
>>16891047
I actually feel very bitter about the whole relationship. How it went, what happened, why and how we broke up. It was all fucked up. It's not about her at this point, it's literally just sadness about it not going the way it should've and losing my virginity to something so useless. We should have been able to end cleanly and smoothly.
>>
>>16891055
Serious question: I've cut all contact but we've been arguing over text about this closure. I want to force a meet (catch her after work) and after talking, end it all. I wish I could fuck her one last time. I've forced a meet once before and I went well.

So what if I do that then forget about it all?
>>
>>16891056
Well if you're bitter about the whole thing then who fucking cares? Be happy you're not with a girl who makes you unhappy.

Nothing goes the way it should anyway. There's no use in filling your mind with hypothetical what if bullshit in regards to the past. Nothing will change it. Learn from it and keep moving forward.
>>
>>16891061
It ultimately depends on how you fresh this break up is. If you go and meet her you'll more than likely hurt yourself with the answer, and that maybe what you need.

Again, I wouldn't fuck her or do anything with her. Just get what you need and get out.
>>
>>16891034
Don't. You'll shift the problem to alcohol addiction which, combined with heart break, is even harder to get rid off.

Distract yourself, that's all that works
>>
>>16891029
Just had my 5th break up (none of my relationships lasted longer than 3 months kek) at age 22. Each one hurts as much as the 1st and my most recent ex broke up with me with what I assume was her parents pushing her to make the decisions since they didn't like me (?).

She gave me no closure, no reason, just cut all contact saying she cares about me alot and that she's sorry. I walked past her in university today and she didn't even look me in the eye.

Just keep moving forward m8, everything happens for a reason and you'll forget about her when you start taking interest in a new girl.

Chin up lad.
>>
>>16891381
Thanks. I met with her. We're friends but it's hard. My mind tells me "stay away then text her and meet up in the future in hopes that you show her youre not a bitch anymore and win her over again" because that was her only problem with me but I want ti genuinely forget about her.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.