[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people base their feelings on relationships? Every thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 442x330
Why do people base their feelings on relationships? Every thread in here is something like "oh I'm so depressed because my gf/bf left me" or "I hate myself because I've never had a relationship" Who cares? Why let something so stupid rule your life? I'm married and if my wife left me it wouldn't bother me not like this
>>
>>16890972
Why do people (you) lie about their feelings on here

WAIT

BETTER YET

WHY DOES THIS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ADVICE?
>>
>why do things that happen or not happen to people affect their feelings
Serious question: are you autistic?
>>
File: thisnigga.jpg (102 KB, 395x450) Image search: [Google]
thisnigga.jpg
102 KB, 395x450
>>16891796
>>
OP has a point though. This board should /relationships/ or /sad/ because that's what 90% of the "advice" threads are about.

You can scroll down the page 1 at any given time, and all but one or two threads will be about girl.
>>
>>16891817
>how DARE people post their problems and how they feel about them on an ADVICE BOARD?
The first world problem nature of the threads on this board are because of the demographic here. Most people here are from a first world where they're happy in most areas except for relationships. That's just the nature of this board and its people, no one's making you stay here if you don't like it. Alternatively, you can always hide threads instead of complaining about it.
>>
>>16891822
Thanks for pointing out that I can leave. I never realized until you pointed that out. Thank god for concerned posters like yourself. You should apply for a position as a moderator.
>>
op is clever
>>
>>16890972

i dont really get it either. i mean i understand having temporary upset about some one leaving you.

but they act like its the end of the world. like they cant live without that person. like life is all about finding one person that magically stays with you the entire time and never loses their sexual or personality attraction.

whats worse are the people who whine about imaginary relationships. they insist they'd be happy if they had a gf.... as if having a gf is some strictly defined thing. they want an imaginary friend to become real. someone who fits their exact wants, but not their needs.
>>
lol op so silly. You say that now but genuinely if she left you'd be crushed. Trust me.
>>
>>16890972
A guess?
Since people dont have other things to worry about or aspire to, relationships (romantic or otherwise) become their focal point.
>>
>>16890972

its the disneyfication of america. not that they should be held responsible. but every single story ever told seems to have a large romantic component to it. the romance is what matters. its what motivates.

so people grow up thinking life is about finding someone to spend a happily ever after with
>>
For a multitude of reasons, people seek validation of their personal worth, and validation through another is seen as the highest form of it. Validation through "the one" is even better. Combine that with the desecration of a person's value being inherent and you have a lot of people who feel they need others in their lives to feel whole.

In other words, because everyone is insecure and too much of a pussy to love themselves at face value. That's my observation, anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.