[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Escalation tactics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Clannad.gif (1 MB, 500x142) Image search: [Google]
Clannad.gif
1 MB, 500x142
I've been hanging out with this girl a lot lately and it's pretty obvious she's into me but I don't know what to do from there. I'm a semi-autist 20 year old, so this is all new ground for me. I can get people interested, but I can't take it any further. What the fuck do I do?

Pic unrelated, I don't actually even know what it is.
>>
>>16890250
I knew I saved that for a reason
>>
Hanging out solo or in some sort of group setting?
>>
>>16890273
Solo typically, group occassionally
>>
>>16890277

Is there some other context to the two of you spending time alone together? What do you do together?

Usually I specifically try to ask out girls I don't really know and make my interest clear up front so as to avoid this scenario, where you're stuck with either plausibly deniable covert indications of interest that don't resolve anything or high-stakes overt declarations of interest that could be very uncomfortable if they're not reciprocated.

Also do you flirt with her at all?
>>
>>16890292
We just piss around, waste time.

Flirt constantly, it's probably sickening to bystanders. Sorry for the delay, I was off cooking.
>>
>>16890357
Stupid question I know, but what constitutes flirting?
>>
>>16890357

Okay, you flirt constantly, but you never escalate beyond that because of social awkwardness? That's about typical for 20 year olds, I guess, I remember doing that.

My usual basic physical contact escalation gameplan involves going from verbal flirting to touching her hands, usually holding her hand while going from some social area to somewhere more private. Then going from that to sitting close to her and putting an arm around her. That gets intense pretty quickly and leads naturally into kissing. I always like to say something funny and flirtatious and then go in for the kiss.

If you've already got an established flirty yet romantically uncharged relationship, though, that might not be as smooth as it usually is - at some point you're going to have to go beyond plausible deniability and make your intentions toward her clear. At which point she'll either give you the green light or the 'let's just be friends' speech. If you're wasting time alone together and flirting a lot, though, she's probably just waiting for you to make the first move.
>>
>>16890383
Typical flirting behaviour? I don't know, I don't have specifics. But I'm not that retarded that I don't know what's going on.

>>16890404
Not social awkwardness, more a lack of experience. I don't know where to go with anything.

That's pretty solid advice, thanks f4m.
>>
>>16890415

It occurs to me that instead of doing all of that in the span of 30 minutes to an hour like I try to do on first dates with OkCupid girls, maybe you'd benefit from just slowing it down? Like if you see her all the time maybe one day you make a point of just holding her hand, let her stew on that for a day and let her girl-brain go crazy trying to process that, and then try to escalate another step at your next meeting?

Jumping from 'guy you piss around and waste time with' to 'guy you're intimate with' might be shocking for her, rushing her might make her panic and want to hit the eject button. Depends on the girl I guess, and just how unthreatening you've presented yourself already. It sounds like you have her interest though and you can afford to be patient if you need to.
>>
>>16890453
I was thinking I'll try build up slowly like that so things reach a climax on the weekend. More free time on the weekend.
>>
>>16890250
If you've ever locked eye contact with her.. the kind where there's this transference of excited energy, do this.
Motion for her to come over to you.
Closer.
Look her in the eye.
Say to her, 'I want you to kiss me.'

and see what happens.
If she kisses you.. score.
If she is shy, encourage her to overcome her shyness and do what she really wants to do.
>>
>>16890536
Do people typically not lock eye contact with each other? I do this to most people whenever I talk with them, depending on how interested I am in the conversation.
>>
>>16890550
>the kind where there's this transference of excited energy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.