[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking it over for almost a year now. How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mg16z7SMc21s1qom3o1_400.jpg (18 KB, 302x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg16z7SMc21s1qom3o1_400.jpg
18 KB, 302x320
I've been thinking it over for almost a year now. How do I come out as trans? For starters, I'm a male that could never pass as a woman. I'm worried about what my friends and family might think. Just posting it here is nearly causing me an anxiety attack. Please help.
>>
What makes you think you're trans
>>
>>16890159

the big question is, do you want to live a trans lifestyle? I'm gay, but i dont really enjoy the gay life style. so im closeted. and thats okay. you're friends and family do not need to know the details of your sex life.

if i ever met someone worth introducing to them, i would come out. but until then, why bother?

so in your case, you mention you dont pass. do you need to live as a woman in womans clothing and raising your voice (essentially faking everythign about yourself?) or can you pull a neo-chris-crocker and just continue your life as is but accept inside yourself that you are a woman, but that has nothing to do with you aesthetically?

if you feel you NEED to be out, test the waters first. dress up at home or whatever. go to a strange city over night and be trans there. see how you feel about it. is this what you want your whole life to be? lesser of two evils? etc.

then start with a friend and go from there.

but frankly i think most trans people aren't trans so much as they have a harder to explain disorder.

a not so pretty woman realizes shes not so pretty and kind of lets it end there. but trans mtf seem to be obsessed with being the prettiest most passing women of them all.
>>
>>16890203

I just like the idea of being a girl. I don't enjoy being a stereotypical man. I'm never really comfortable around other men, and don't really feel like I can be myself. I've always felt great in the company of women; not really in a sexual sense, but like I can be myself and say what's on my mind. I like women's clothing, and I would love it if I could wear women's clothing every day out in the open.

>>16890231

I just feel like I'm living a lie. It's almost like I put on a mask every morning. I don't enjoy it.
>>
>>16890159
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>16890258

like i said , test the waters elsewhere. the grass is always greener.

as soon as you try to live as a girl, you might find that there is absolutely ntohign good about it. cuz no matter how much you yearn, you will never truly be a girl. you will just be trans. and thats great in its own right. but it doesnt sound like you want to be trans. it sounds like you want to be a girl.

so if you want to be a girl, but you dont want to be trans, you are going to have a rough time. go try it out in a nearby city and see what happens.

btu again, it sounds like you're creating an imaginary mask. being a female isnt about 'passing'. yes all women want to be pretty, but most of them arent. close. at all. yet trans mtf all act like they are entitled to this, or htat life isnt worth living if they cant pass. most women cant pass (For attractive, i mean).

so reflect on that. test it out. suck it up and move on.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.