[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Falling out with my bestie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 713x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 713x713
I've grown apart with my best friend. I used to be really lonely and she was my only one, but I've broadened my social circle and have more now. I've started spending less time with her, and I think it makes her feel bad since she doesn't have many others. I find her boring. What do I do?
>>
>>16890030
>I find her boring.
>your primary reason for having friends is to sate your boredom

do a self evaluation
>>
>>16890071
>jumping to conclusions
haha nice
>>
>>16890030
OP, while I understand you can find your friend boring, you can just make up stuff you can talk about. If you're not the type who wants to do that, then you shouldn't be friends in the first place.

You sucking all you can get from her and then finding her boring is just cruel. Explain to her you want more content, and if she tries but can't tell you anything you'd like to hear, try asking questions yourself. "how was your day?"/"tell me about your day" can be a good start.

>>16890071
I have a hard time trying to understand friendship. Social construct to make it okay to depend on people from outside your family? Social construct used to establish status in a given hierarchy? Relationship between two people who can confide to one another? Something based on trust?

It's incredibly complex and I won't say someone is wrong by looking for people to satiate their boredom and calling them friends until they're no longer of use.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.