[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever dated a girl that's smarter than them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: feels.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
Has anyone here ever dated a girl that's smarter than them?

Like, I'm smart, but she's one of those kinds of smart that scare you

I don't know what to do.

Help
>>
>>16889787
does it make you feel emasculated?
>>
> I don't know what to do.

Fall in love in her.
Travel the world
Get married, or don't.
Have kids, or don't.
Enjoy life.
Grow old together

Why does it matter if she's smarter than you?
>>
>>16889795
Not OP but I tried dating an older woman with a master and while I was able to keep a conversation, I think she never saw me as an equal and went only after guys with lots of studies(I never went to college but am quite handy)
>>
>>16889804
Because it bothers me. It bothers me how dumb I am and how much different her thought processes are from mine.

She's 2 years younger than me and knows more than I will in the next 5 years
>>16889795
No, it's not a gender thing, it's a self worth thing
>>
>>16889787
How do you know senpai. She could be faking unless she actually thinks faster than you do with more ruthless animal cunning.

Did she beat you at chess or smth.
>>
>>16889809 As far as I know she sees me as an equal. It's me that doesn't think we're equals
>>
>>16889822 She learned morse code in 30 minutes. She's taking classes 2 years ahead of where she should be, and she already skipped a year in grade school. She makes codes for fun and reads more books in a month than I have in the past year.
>>
>>16889832
Eh learning ability isn't intelligence it's just knowledge handling.

Real brutal smarts are thinking on your feet and constantly appearing prepared. Not having a predisposition for books or cryptography.

What you should be afraid of is that the truly crafty are able to think quickly enough to conceal the pace of their thinking. They go full sun tzu.
>>
>>16889864
She fucking does that too
>>
no
>that fucking feel when
>>
>>16889869
You're fucked champ she should enlist and make general.
>>
A. Become smarter than her
B. Stop feeling bad she smarter
it doesn't matter. Intelligence has nothing to do with a relationship I mean sorta but to u should feel fascinated that she has things to teach you.
To be honest as longs as you thinbg you're the man wear the pants, the bomb in bed, and have a lot in common I don't know why this is an issue. Set aside her intelligence pay attention to her personality those two things are difference and trust me itll help.
>>
i am crushing on this girl who is smarter than me. We are just coworkers right now but I really want to be friend and possibly more.

I like it personally because it's surprising to me when somebody I talk to says something interesting.

I also like how she points out what I say is wrong sometimes too, Like she actually cares about the conversation with me.
>>
I been together with my gf for about 10 years now.
We hit some rough patches of course, but her being far more intelligent never bugged me.
If anything the fear, and pressure pushed to focus on my education. It was enough to stop from acting like a retard, and got me to hunker down in life.

It's somewhat nice, as I do get to experience her dumb side, when she tends to come off as composed and smart in the outside world. Which shows comfort around me, it's a nice feel.
>>
Dump her OP, she needs to find a smart man to have smart babies. Do it for the good of humanity.
>>
>>16889787
I actually consider my girlfriend to be smarter than me although she's kinda naive when it comes to a lot of things. But as someone who likes debates I get highly stimulated when she occasionally rips my arguments to shreds with simple logic or something that simply didn't even think of. Sometimes she even observes the subject from a very different point of view that leaves me fascinated about it for days. It's

As ENTP I tend to overcome the cap in intelligence through knowledge, intuition and some actual social skills. I tend to surround myself with smart introverts and some of them even tend to flock around me for some reason and I don't really consider them as people to be afraid of but as people to learn a lot from.
It's not a real surprise that I found girlfriend among these people.
>>
Use her dumb ass she's like a fucken calculator in math class.

She reads books
> summarizes that shit I didn't have to read dope.
Ahead in classes
> yo bitch teach me that shit make me some dope notes.

Makes code
> yo babe code me up a burrito and some Tacos on the grill

If she's smarter than you but still with you she sees value in you that lie somewhere else dipshit.

If she's a machine but your the human heart make a fucken cyborg.
>>
>>16889787
Just do your best to keep up with her. The challenge is the fun.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.