[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 34358133_p0.jpg (88 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
34358133_p0.jpg
88 KB, 768x768
I'm a 27 year old man-child whose had everything handed to them their entire life.

I'm fairly intelligent, though not a genius by any means. I have a decent job, not a great one. Friends, family, etc. etc...

But, ostensibly, I'm fucking useless. Jack of all trades, master of none. Not one fucking thing I'm great at, not one fucking thing I'm great for.

How does one find their place in the world?
>>
Find a woman and have babies.
>>
There is no 'place in this world'
>>
>>16889573

If there is no place in this world, where is it that one can find a sense of belonging?

I've found people I can help. I've found people I can hurt. But I haven't found "my" people.
>>
>>16889554
Is there anything you actually enjoy doing? I'd start there to see what you like then build off that.
>>
>>16889588
>But I haven't found "my" people.

You mean you want to find a offline version of 4chan?
>>
dedicate yourself to overthrowing the government
>>
>>16889598

That's the problem... I enjoy fixing "things".

I started with aircraft, I moved on to computers... I'm very good at it, really... Hell, I'm the guy everyone spills their guts too - even the strangers who have no reason to trust to me. I know how things work, I know how to make them work again when they've broken. Mechanical, digital, sociological... That's what I can do.

But where does that fit into society? People throw away the useless things as soon as they become useless. There's no place for the broken, the damned. They're... I'm, a blight.

What's the point in fixing that which will never be given a chance to work?
>>
File: 1364932964052.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1160) Image search: [Google]
1364932964052.jpg
275 KB, 1600x1160
>>16889554
You don't find your place in the world. You make one and then you improve it over time until you're happy with what you have. Figure out what basic things you need in your life, what matters to you and where you would like to see yourself. Work towards that.

Make some unrealistic goals and some ones you can achieve and realize that as long as you've done something to move towards those goals that you're a decent human being. Remind yourself of this every so often until you believe it.

As for your skillset, what do you want to become good at or known for. I'm sure you have a friend or family member that is known as the *insert area of expertise* here guy. Like the car guy or the fitness girl you go to for advice. What do you want to be known to be knowledgeable about?
>>
>>16889658
Stop being so melodramatic. You can be a mechanic, a computer repairman, there's plenty of shit you can do with that.
>>
>>16889673

>You don't find your place in the world. You make one and then you improve it over time until you're happy with what you have.

It's amazing... have everything handed to your entire life and you can't even comprehend that not everything else will be...

Thank you. "Make your own place." is as close to an answer as I could hope for.
>>
>>16889554
keep trying new shit until you find something you have a natural aptitude for. worked for me.
>>
>>16889554
Your place in the world is wherever you are right now. Stop over thinking this shit, life is easy.
>>
>>16889736

Have you never looked up and thought you were on an entirely different phase than those around you? Their goals, their objectives... they're not you're own? Skating through life is easy, sure... Living is easy, at least for the privileged like myself...

But doing something actually good... That's not easy.
>>
>>16889763
you type like a faggot
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.