[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have experience with therapy? How was it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1456118079239.jpg (864 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1456118079239.jpg
864 KB, 1280x1707
Does anyone here have experience with therapy? How was it and would you recommend it to someone else?
>>
>>16888529
Depends on the therapist. Get one that will be on your side. But still challenges you. The more you have in common, the more they can relate.
>>
Therapists didn't leave a big impact on me. However I met a lot of people with similar problems to my situation during group therapy and befriending these people helped me a lot.
>>
Yes, I'd definitely recommend it. I also agree that you need to find a good therapist that's right for you, and it might take a few tries, the same as with any other doctor.
>>
>>16888529

You are paying someone to tell you common sense things and listen to your bullshit. It's like prostitution without the sex and with people who know less about real life than hoes.
>>
Because of my condition I speak with therapist twice a week, sometimes more if I need it.
She is very nice to me, very understanding. Sometimes I wish I can call her friend but, I know she is not. I have lost a lot of therapists before her
>>
My experience was poor, they misdiagnosed me every time so I discontinued my treatment. I did have one good doctor that gave me a couple tools for panic disorder though.
>>
Therapy's helped me a lot. I'd recommend it.

It provides a safe space within which you can express your feelings and experiences, which is really helpful.
>>
how does it differ from psychiatry?
>>
>>16888529
The therapist I have now is really good, but I'm still afraid of telling her certain things because I don't know how they would effect my life and overall relationship with my family.
Therapy won't help if you won't open up to the one that is supposed to help you, remember that if you decide to get an appointment.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.