[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good ideas for a tattoo? I was thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 86.jpg (177 KB, 588x1088) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
177 KB, 588x1088
What are some good ideas for a tattoo? I was thinking of getting two half sleeves but I'm lacking cool ideas. Also if you find a cool tattoo that you like post it. Pic is of a tattoo I like.
>>
a woman or animal so that when you flex your muscle, she/it dances.
>>
>>16888517
Sounds like Pete and Pete if you've ever seen that show.
>>
>>16888501
You should get a tattoo of something you think of yourself. They're permanent and I'm pretty sure some anonymous person on the internet isn't gonna tell you what you actually want for the rest of your life.
>>
Just get the Looney Tines crew. This is such a great place to get ideas. It's your skin--you were born with it and you'll die with it. We are totally ready to help you alter it.
>>
>I want a tattoo but have no ideas
Then sit down and wait until you have an idea that YOU like.
Cunts like you are why tattoos still carry a shitty stigma.
>>
>>16888528
you never know. I'm not that creative so im reaching out to see if others could be of some help.
>>
>>16888522
Most of the people on /adv/ weren't even born when that was on the air. You might as well reference Hogan's Heroes.
>>
>>16888539
Sorry you feel that way. I think tattoos have a stigma because its a body modification.
>>
File: schulz.gif (53 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
schulz.gif
53 KB, 320x240
>>16888558
I SEE NOTHING

NOTHINNNNNNG
>>
>>16888558
yeah I'm 31 so I'm getting old.
>>
>>16888573
You want some strudel?
>>
File: 1000px-SgtShultz.jpg (53 KB, 642x375) Image search: [Google]
1000px-SgtShultz.jpg
53 KB, 642x375
>>16888599
colonel hogan you know herr kommandant would not allow such things... maybe one...
>>
Here are some things I've been thinking of getting. Koi fish, Skulls and flowers, Something with water, an owl, or maybe a ship. Is there anything else that would be cool?
>>
>>16888563
I was 28 when I got my first tattoo. It was to mark a major accomplishment and turning point in my life. Since then I've sat for close to 20 hours, all personally significant work, all done and planned with the same artist. If you want a tattoo that badly and aren't sure what, find an artist who's work you like and go talk to them.
>>
>>16888752
I like the tattoo in my pic and could see getting something like a beach scene. but I don't know the artist name. I feel like if I brought in a picture of it to a different artist and said here do this it wouldn't turn out the same or to my liking also it would probably be rude.
>>
>>16888770
a beach scene with like palm trees waves and a sunset I think would be nice.
>>
>>16888770
What you do is find someone who specializes in that type of art. Then you tell him I'd like something similar to this. He would say okay then put his own spin on it and take any suggestions or input from you, and tell you yeah it'll work or whatnot. If he's a good artist he'll be easy to work with and be a good judge on what will look good. Some tattoo artists will literally copy things for you and some will want to give it their "artistic touch". Either way they won't be offended. Get ready to spend a lot. At least $100-150/hour for someone who is pretty decent. Upwards of $200/hour for someone really good. Then it's going to take you anywhere from 6-10 hours probably. Depending on your schedule and your tolerance to pain. These are just rough estimates.
>>
>>16888800
yeah id want to find someone who is really good. my pain tolerance is pretty good so shouldn't be any problems there. I think I have enough money saved I could afford it. And I was thinking just half sleeves like in the picture so I don't know how long that would take per sleeve. Do half sleeves usually take around 6-10 hours per sleeve?
>>
>>16888821
It all depends on the detail, your pain tolerance (can you do it all in one sitting), and your artist. So it's really hard to say. It could be 5 hours and it could be 20 hours.
>>
>>16888839
What all did you get tattooed on you if you don't mind me asking?
>>
Get a tattoo of a bic lighter on your penis, but make it about 25% smaller than life, so your dick looks substantially bigger than it is in comparison. Get the tattoo artist to write "BIC LIGHTER ACTUAL SIZE" next to it to trick people and enhance the illusion.
>>
>>16888855
I don't have any tattoos but lots of my friends have them. Small ones, half sleeves, full sleeves, entire legs, necks, hands, expensive ones, jail ones.
>>
>>16888871
Ha. I've heard there are penis care creams for after you get a tattoo. But I think ill keep my genitalia free of artwork.
>>
>>16888877
What are some of what you would consider the best tattoos they have?
>>
>>16888903
The expensive ones that costs like $1,000+. You obviously get what you pay for and the detail and color shows.

The rest are shit. There's a few cheaper ones that had some thought go into them and were done pretty well and I'd say they aren't that bad. But lots of people just get tattoos without researching or putting up the cash to get something good.
>>
>>16888821
My half-sleve and chest panel was around 12 hours over 4 sittings, but it was a LOT of detail and a lot of color shading. First sitting was all line work, second was black shading, third and fourth were color work. You probably won't want to do much more than 3-4 hours in a sitting regardless of pain tolerance because the skin can only take so much trauma. My guy charges $125 and hour and its traditional to tip, but he always under charged me on time and never clocked anything unless the gun was in his hand. Even placement, sketching, and free handing (instead of using the purple template, most of his template was done with sharpies so he could control the lines and contour along musculature) he didn't charge me for.

>>16888855
On one arm I have a half-sleeve: Paimon's seal and a large koi swimming against waves and smoke that flows into a peony chest panel. My other arm is a detailed, highly realistic peacock and a septagram inside an ouroboros.
>>
>>16888501
The invisible man's face.
>>
>>16888501
"Born trailer trash - will die trailer trash"
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.