[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /adv/'s best hangover remedies (besides stims)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 6.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
What are /adv/'s best hangover remedies (besides stims)?
>>
>>16888039

they dont exist as far as i know. outside of actual medication. i tend to take a lot of pepto to settle my stomach. aspirin or ibuprofen is often suggested, but that can backfire as its just putting more in your system to process.

just get some pepto, drink as much water as humanly possible, and watch TV. not much else to do mate.
>>
>>16888061
Thanks.
That's basically what I do to, which helps my stomach, but even hours later I still feel "off", as in a general feeling of fatigue and cloudy headedness. It doesn't seem like anything seems to mitigate that for me, until I get another night of sleep and sometimes a nap the next day (if it's particularly bad).
>>
>>16888039
Bai 5 is pretty good, and so is coconut water. Honey is also fairly good to eat, along with fruit and saltines.
>>
>>16888080

thats how hangovers work. its your body fixing itself after being filled with poison. hangover cures are never actually cures anyway, they are just things that make people feel a little better til time passes. try different shit and see what works for you. i like to sit in the shower. calming, warm, comfy, and if i had to puke its no big deal (though i never do).
>>
>>16888039
Weed is the only thing that actually works. Otherwise just take some ibuprofen and small sips of water
>>
idk about anybody else but protein- and fat-rich foods work for me: scrambled eggs, cheeseburgers, that kind of thing
>>
Water and fatty foods.
>>
>>16888091
this too. THC = Total Hangover Cure
>>
Drink about a pint of water and brush your teeth before you go to bed. Works every time.
>>
>>16888098
Oh, god shut the fuck up potheads. It doesn't cure a hangover, it just takes your mind off it.

Nutritious food, water, and rest are the only way to chemically speed up your bodies restoration when dealing with a hangover. Everything else just masks the problem -- it doesn't cure it.

And by the way, all you pothead faggors that always try to brag about how medicianl pot is: there is LITERALLY nothing that pot does that some other medicine doesn't already do. You fags wouldn't even talk it up so much if it didn't have THC to get you high. You only care about pot for the high, not the medical value -- or else you would advocate THCless pot pills (yes these exist), and bypass the part where tou INHALE BURNING REFUSE INTO YOUR LUNGS AND FUCK UP YOUR CARDIOVASCULAR/RESPIRATORY SYSTEM which you somehow think is "healthy".
>>
>>16888158
jesus fuck anon. I haven't smoked weed in 20 years. step off.

anyway, weed helps nausea and pain. no it doesn't "cure" a hangover, it alleviates the symptoms til your body processes the rest of the alcohol. is that pedantic enough for you?
>>
Sprite
>>
>>16888158
>takes your mind off it
yes, by flooding your brain with dopamine so you don't feel like shit
>nothing pot does that some other medicine doesnt already do
I mean opiates give you dat dopamine flood too, but that comes with a much higher addiction potential

basically of course weed doesn't just fix the hangover but it makes you feel better, also you aren't necessarily inhaling anything burning in your lungs to get high these days, its 2016
>>
>>16888176
Pedantic? Don't speak down to someone when your advice is so shortsighted and stupid.

What an expensive, and potentially life ruining (depending on the state and the laws) way to deal with a simple problem. You realize tylenol/pepto/ibuprofen/a million other things do exactly what you recommended an illegal and not entirely healthy substance for, right?

Pedantic? Yeah, I'm the idiot when it comes to health. My heart beats 48 times a minute. My blood pressure is 110/58. I can deadlift 400+lbs and run a mile and a half in under 9 minutes. Go smoke up retard. Don't ever give health advice again, you wretched gob of dick cheese.

Yes, I mad.
>>
>>16888308
MAD AF
i smoke daily and can out do all those stats lol
yeah take tylenol and fuck up your liver instead of smoking/drinking/eating a plant with no major side effects

yes youre a total idiot when it comes to health
>>
>>16888039
>all these faggots who know nothing about drinking

How to feel better and you give no fucks: Hair of the dog.

How to actually replenish your body: Juice, pickle brine and breakfast food.

How not to get a fucking hangover in the first place: Eat some food and drink a bunch of water before going to bed.
>>
>>16888364
This right here. I also make sure to have a bottle of water beside my bed and any pills next to the bed prior to going out.
Take those pills before going to sleep! You will be surprised how well rested you will be the next morning.
>>
B complex, Pedialyte, and a solid meal.
>>
Give this a try:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UpFRuKI6ZU
>>
>>168880

Gatorade

Alcohol reduces your electrolytes which gives you the hangover feeling. Gatorade comes stocked full of that shit.
>>
>>16888358
Not him, but you sound really stupid. Post a picture of your body if you can actually lift 4 plate.

This is somewhat of a rare accomplishment, and as someone who has worked out for years and not got there yet, I doubt there are two people who can do it, in one thread, not on /fit/, arguing with each other.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.