[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9 months single is 9 months too long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
I'm a 27 year old guy and after several years of realtionship I'm Single now, for about 9 months. It's killing me from the inside. I tried online dating pretty hard during the last 7 months, but without any success. If I go out on weekends, I`m too afraid to talk to women without getting any signs of interest beforehand. But As you might guess, this is also not happening. I would try to get a girl through my social circle, but in my age group there is literally no single woman. What should I do?
>>
>>16886807
I've been single for twenty years. Fuck off, normie.
>>
Get some hobbies... pick up guitar, hit the gym, 4 weeling ext. I'm sure you'll find true love... just go have fun. She will come along. ;)
>>
>>16886884
Back to retard9k bro
Anyway OP, 9 months isn't really THAT long in the scheme of life. Maybe try making new friends, picking up a hobby you've always wanted to try, use this opportunity to work on any projects or goals you've wanted to work toward. Use this time to reconnect with old friends, spend time with family, and learn how be alone with yourself.
>>
>>16886894
I loled
>>
>>16886906
Being alone sucks, don't want any hobbies, no goals, I cut contact with old friends for a reason and I have trouble wanting new friends.
>>
>>16886911
This is why you can't find a girlfriend dickhead.
Why ask for advice if you're just gonna reject it?
>>
>>16886906
I know that's most likely not what you wanted to hear btw. But imo being so desperate for a significant other seems like and indication that maybe you need to re-learn how to not need one or have one. I'm sorry, OP, I know loneliness and longing for companionship majorly sucks, but you can take steps to reframing your mimdset so that you can cease feeling them without NEEDING a GF for them to stop.
>>
>>16886911
Being alone is fine if you learn how to use aloneness and enjoy it, but being lonely sucks. Everybody needs a friend bit the most anti-social people. Refocus your energy from trying to get a GD into building a new friendship. Check out local meet ups from meetup.com
>>
>>16886930
GF* Sorry for the typos, I'm not the best at typing on a phone
>>
File: 1457027394971.png (441 KB, 530x394) Image search: [Google]
1457027394971.png
441 KB, 530x394
Jokes on you OP, I haven't sex or even kisses since more than two years.
>>
Don't lose hope. As Dr.Phil says

Ain't nothing sexy about depression
>>
You seem to have serious issues man
>>
Well, I'm a man and need a woman. That's the way it is and the way it is supposed to be. Humans are designed to reproduce and to bond. There`s no other reason to roam this world. All this 'WOOOORK!!!!!'-bullshit is the same cheap drug our ancestors had with religion and crap like that.
>>
>>16886952
Well until you recognize that you need to change, you're beyond help. Good day.
>>
Women are attracted to strong men who don't find all of their life's meaning from their relationship ship. Loose the desperation OP
>>
>>16887009
Tell me how. It's like being hungry, if you have nothing to eat, you will eat everything digestable. If you have a full stomach, or you know you have something in your fridge, you won't be desperate about food.
>>
>>16887021
Except it's not like being hungry. You should ge a relationship because you're in love with someone and don't want anything but to spend the rest of your life (or at least a few years) with them, not because you just don't want to be alone. It seems like you have some personal issues. Do you want a girlfriend because of the social expectations, are you insecure, do you not know how to cope with yourself, etc.?
>>
>>16887056
This.
If I feel like a guy doesn't want me because of who I am or whatever, but I'm just the first one who agreed to date him, is such a huge turn off.
>>
OP I'm 28 and in the same boat. I left my ex of over 7 years in 2012 and have had nothing go on since except made out with one chick. I have become comfortable with being single but I still wish I wasn't. I just try to continually improve all the time, it helps I guess. I am doing pretty damn good for myself in all aspects of life but idk nothing ever happens. I could lose a little beer gut but I am definitely not fat. (I could get ripped pretty easily... As of now I work out and stay pretty average.) It makes me wonder if I'm an ugly fuck but I've been reassured that I'm not through hints being dropped (like one girl flirted with me at a bar once, a new friend of mine joked about being a wingman for another dude but not me "because you're fine on your own, he needs me") Time has flown by since... Way too fast. I feel like a huge loser at times even though I have everything going my way. I'm just letting you know you're not alone and I can totally relate. I would love an answer to it.
>>
>>16887090
Well, it's the other way around for me. I may be capable of having a good life, a good job etc, but without a partner I just feel no need for it. Life is so boring when you have nobody to make happy.
>>
>>16887056
>>16887060
It's hard to explain. I never had any big problems in my life. School went well without learning, university went ok but I chose the wrong course of studies. Whenever I wanted a job, it took only a few weeks to get one. It`s just, why on earth should I work my ass off, if not for the mother of my future children? I'm content with how my life is.
>>
>>16887129
That's kind of how I feel. Like I'm just missing something. I plan on buying a house in a year or so and buying a dog... Maybe that'll get girls talking via common interests... If not I'll be able to just continue focus being the best me I can, hopeful I find the right girl.
>>
>>16887136
>I'm content with how my life is.
If that's true, you wouldn't be so desperate for a girlfriend. You probably want a girl because you're bored, not because you love her. Or you have some deeper issues you aren't aware of, because you don't want to be aware of them.

Either way, yours isn't a healthy way to look at relationships, and the issue here isn't that you're single.
>>
>>16887202
Love is a thing that has to develop. If you get together with a girl it's because she's attractive and interesting at first. Well, I don't know where this urge comes from. Without a GF I just feel incomplete, as the most important part in my life is missing.
>>
>>16887223
>Well, I don't know where this urge comes from. Without a GF I just feel incomplete, as the most important part in my life is missing.

That's your problem. I can't answer why, you have to find that out yourself. But probably something went wrong with developing your identity.

And do you really try to get into a relationship with anyone you find attractive, without developing further feelings first?
>>
>>16887273
Normally it takes a few weeks to get to know each other a bit. I think love is, when you feel deep for somebody even after the pink glasses came off.
>>
>>16886807
Several years of relationship or relationships?
>>
>>16887325
One that lasted 7 years
>>
>>16887349
Dude trust me. This break is a good thing.

Ending long term relationships have similar psychological impacts to having someone close to you die.

If you jump in too soon you'll be trying to find a replacement and not a new relationship. You'll be a bad partner while also being blind to the faults of people you consider.

I know it sucks, believe me. But, you need to take this thing slow. Take up a project, even if it's as banal as fucking watching every episode of Seinfeld. Anything to detox yourself of your past relationship and just coast with life.
>>
>>16887370
I'm totally done with my ex. Some months ago you would've been absolutely right. Time as single just feels so so wasted. If I hda a girl I now could be preparing dinne rfor us, instead of idling in front of my pc
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.