[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: 1453957258407.jpg (79 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1453957258407.jpg
79 KB, 600x399
>>
Guys & Girls, what is something you consider a positive trait about yourself, something you're proud of?
>>
>>16884661
I like to think I'm a naturally understanding person. Considering my friends compliment me about that, I don't think it's just in my head.
>>
>>16884661
I'm incredibly intelligent. Tips fedora
>>
>>16884661
People find me calm in all situations. I'm not much of a leader, but I can get things done.
>>
>>16884661
- smart
- empathetic
- creative

but i think my favorite thing about me is my love for animals. it always makes me happy when i think about it
>>
>>16884609

additive - What do you consider your weakness, your biggest shortcoming.
>>
>>16884712
comprehension problems and slurred speech. I have no idea what causes it.
>>
>>16884609
ladies your thoughts on >>16884590
and for context on the situation >>16884673

Basically I dont have a place to bring a girl back and have sex with. What options are you open to.
>>
>>16884712
i can't pick a single one
- trust issues
- socially awkward
- paranoia/anxiety
- insecurity
>>
>>16884661
I'm charming

>>16884712
I'm anxious and slightly paranoid but good at hiding it
>>
>>16884661
>>16884712

Positive traits: I'm very caring. Fairly intelligent. Pretty calm.
Weaknesses: I'm quite insecure, and I don't always take critics well. I am lazy. I can be a bit manipulative sometimes.
>>
>>16884609
Another one of these without the FAQ?
>>
>>16884722
I wouldn't mind taking a guy back to my place, but if we had to find some other place (like an hotel) you should explain to me what's going on. I would understand if you explained me the situation.
>>
>>16884712
I'm extremely head strong. My mother has often said I can be pompous like my grandfather and father, and I loathe apologizing even if I know I should.
>>
>>16884762
I dont really like talking about it. Last time I told someone I actually cried a bit. And I never cry. Like my eyes are watering right now. I just want to get laid, not these feels.
>>
>>16884781
Just a guy observing, but couldnt you just say that you went back home to help out your parents? It's not something you would need to give details on unless you're seriously dating her.
>>
>>16884781
I know, I understand that it's not what you're looking for. But I would really have an hard time following a stranger to an hotel room if I didn't know him well. It gives that serial killer vibe.
>>
why do you constantly watch me but never interact ?
>>
How do I tell a girl that I dont like her always being an hour or more late to our dates?

And she also stood me up just today, I see her tomorrow. How do deal with the awkward moment when I sit down with her
>>
how morally wrong is it to go out with someone who has a huge crush on you if you just think they are nice and ok but things could evolve? especially if i would be the one asking the other person out?

i have next to no feelings for anyone, ever, and that person seems nice enough and i like their smile.
>>
>>16884794
Doesnt have to be a hotel. Just that a lot of people my age and a little under have room mates so theres no guarantee I can go back to their place. Especially if shes still in college. A car feels a little too hasty but at this point if shes okay with it so am I.
>>
>>16884802
Do they not want to ask you out? Why havent they asked you out? Instead of asking them out, its best you tell them that if they have feelings for you, they need to confess so that you can think about where to go from there.
>>
>>16884796
Because you are intimidating?

>>16884801
>How do I tell a girl that I dont like her always being an hour or more late to our dates?
By doing so. Being straightforward is the fastest route to solve the issue. All the other bullshit is gonna take too long and have a higher risk of being misinterpreted.
>>
Ladies, I have a question... I posted a thread about this but I still wonder if what I am doing is OK. Me and a frumpy fat friend started messing around, she sucks me off, uses her hands and feet, her tits to get me off. We've been this way for a couple months, since then she's started dressing better, doing her make up, her hair, and has been very open with me about sex, pointing out women she wants to watch me fuck. I wonder... Am I hurting her? Why is she obsessed with pleasing me so much? Does she like me more than a friend? Should I escalate things and fuck her?
>>
>>16884661
my humor, which is also my downfall because i was always known as the goofy guy (still working on changing that so i still am) but i know i use it to my advantage when flirting with girls.
>>
>>16884835
does that mean you think im a big guy ?
>>
>>16884801

Tell her! I'm terrible and I'm always late, he gets pissed off and thinks it's because I have better things to do, but it's honestly because I'm nervous and anxious, so I spend a TON of time getting ready. Like 2 hours in the shower, 1 1/2 curling my hair, 1 hour putting on my make up, at least one having a few glasses of wines and complementing killing myself because of how nervous I am, topkek. Tell her it's a waste of time and she'll pull it together.

I just give him "sorry for being late"-blowjobs though
>>
Ladies,

I'm kind of autistic and really into guns, but I'm scared I'll come off as a creeper/murderer stereotype if I reveal these things. At the same time though I don't want to hide something I'm passionate about. What do?
>>
>>16884832
They asked me out a few times but i have always been busy and uninterested, i realized this person is actually great and nice, a little bit simple and dumb but all around a warm, nice person.

so i thought maybe i could try it?
>>
>>16884887
Same way you introduce all people to any passion. You gauge their response to what you are saying as you get more and more into it. If they dont really care you tell a condense version of it.
>>
>>16884892
Just go on a date. Dont string them along though. Tell them they are a great person but you dont feel that way. But you are willing to go on a date because maybe actually being in that environment you might.
I dont understand why people are so hesitant about going on a single date. If you actively dont like the person than dont do it. But if you are neutral I dont see why not.
>>
Guys, girls are welcome too: Is this a good or bad idea?

>Live in a country Europe where dating culture is odd, people mostly sleep together rather quickly, then hook up for a few months, then decide if they should start dating
>Have this sort of a relationship with a guy, am head over heels, not sure if my feelings are reciprocated as his signals are very mixed
>It seems like his main interest is/was getting laid, but as we've gotten closer, he invited me out on a date, wants me to stay over for breakfast and cuddle for hours, invites me to dinner instead of late night booty calls
>Am in love with him but unsure if I want a relationship, there's a big age difference and I have no idea how he feels about me, we're also very different people
>I'm quite busy and have a large social circle, I always have plans, he seems pissed that I don't make enough time for him, he's a bit of a NEET and has no friends
>Truth is that I'm very much into him and afraid hanging out more would make him tired of me and realize how awkward and geeky I am (not sexy)
>He makes me nervous and gives me butterflies and it takes me days to work out the nerve to meet up with him
>Have a big party to go to this weekend, I don't really have time to meet up
>Thought of asking if he'd had a few hours to spare before the party, I'd dress up very nicely and give him a blow job and have sex for a few hours before the party, then leave
>Would invite him, but not his scene, everyone will be 10 years younger and raving, he's a quiet introvert

If a guy I was into invited himself over, went down and me and we fucked for a few hours, then left, I might feel a bit used or weird about it. Especially as our relationship is complicated, I have no idea if he's into me or not. I think it might be pretty hot and I miss him, though. Is this an okay thing to do?
>>
>>16884914
You in Scandanavia? I've heard that's how it works over there? Although this isn't odd to me, since I'm in the US. People from Scandinavia seem to claim that this is "odd" or "unique". Is this how it has been done for a long time, or just recently?
>>
File: doomsday-clock.jpg (97 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
doomsday-clock.jpg
97 KB, 500x341
I have a friend of mine who recently said she wanted a baby. Okay,she's 39 and I've never seen her with a man or go out on dates. Is she going out of her mind?
>>
>>16884878
>2 hours in the shower
>1 hour of suicidal wine
Has it ever occurred to you that he might prefer a girl over a vinified raisin?
>>
Ladies,

How straightforward should I be about what I want?
>>
>>16884925
>she's 39
I wouldn't worry, odds are astronomically small that she'd be able to have a baby at that age.

But yes, it's completely fucking insane.
>>
>>16884914
Sounds like that guy is living the dream.
>>
To girls
Im going on a classic coffee-in-a-nice-enviroment-setting date.
I know the girl already a little bit, we talked and chatted and did some stuff together in friends-group. She seems interested in me, but not heads over heels in love. How can i change that or at least move forward in that direction?
>>
>>16884936
I'm a dude, but unless it's some downright weird shit the best thing to do is to outright say it
>>
>>16884923
Swefag that can't sleep here: from movies and shit we get impression that in US/UK it's all dates and like. Restaurant and a movie type stuff, asking girl out and to be your girlfriend. Here it's basically: you get drunk at some party and fuck a stranger, the next morning you don't regret it. Sometimes it's a friend not a stranger, but the same principle.
>>
>>16884936
Depends on what you want.
I like straightforward people, but not if they lack in empathy.
>>
>>16884945
nothing weird I just have really bad social anxiety and care too much about what people think of me

so I tend not to talk much and end up getting left in the dust with most women
>>
>>16884914
>I'm quite busy and have a large social circle, I always have plans, he seems pissed that I don't make enough time for him, he's a bit of a NEET and has no friends
>Have a big party to go to this weekend, I don't really have time to meet up
For someone who claims to be super into this dude you sure as fuck don't give an impression of being into this dude at all, certainly not to him you can't be.

If you want to get into a relationship with this guy, firstly ask him, secondly don't do fucking weird shit like not spend much time with him and going to parties??? instead of seeing him in the weekends, why are you even GOING to parties if this guy's your preferred boyfriend option?

Your behavior's total incoherent contradictory bullshit, it doesn't make any sense. Pick something and stick to it.
>>
>>16884942
Be kind, be interesting, be confident and charming. Keep conversation going, make her laugh.
There's not really a recipe to make people fall in love with you, but in general those things are attractive.
>>
>>16884661
>>16884914
doesn't it eliminate the purpose of an "ask the opposite gender" when you address your question to guys and girls. make your own damn thread
>>
I'm interested in knowing what is considered excessive, "clingy" or overall not appropriate texting when it comes to the opposite sex.

Personally, I like to maintain a 1:1 ratio. I obviously catch hints, if I don't get a response, I'm not one to push. I avoid texting pointless things. If she says "I'm with friends.", I instantly go like, "My bad, have fun." Among other things that I know make me a subpar, not completely neurotic texter.

However, sometimes I feel like I'm complementing too much. I understand girls want a challenge but if I'm 100% sure she's into me, sometimes I'll throw a "Hey beautiful." or "Yeah, I missed you all day." This isn't a back to back to back thing, the conversation doesn't revolve around this, but I honestly don't know how to measure if the complement is warranted. Advice?
>>
>>16884977
An example of clingy from my perspective would be doing stuff like texting me at odd hours, always wanting to know where I am, and spamming me with texts if I don't immediately respond.
>>
>>16884927

I know, I'd prefer someone less neurotic (or borderline wreck) than I, but I don't know how to calm my nerves. I'm a fucking aspie. I've been a club promotor and event girls (which is a gig for rather attractive girls, not necessarily fashion models, but >8/10) and I get approached frequently by men where I don't give a shit, but if I'm into someone, my hands shake when I think about them and I act like I was born with an extra copy of chromosome 21. Knees weak, mom's spaghetti, the whole shebang. So guys always think that I'm a cool, laid back girl when I'm not into them, but a fucking retard when I am, which increases my anxiety and suicidal wine-time. Please end my misery.
>>
What do girls think of people who don't get sun?
>>
>>16884986
I understand. I'm more worried about the compliments, though. How/when/how much do you like compliments?

Sidenote: It's a guy you're into and you've gone out with him before.

Thanks.
>>
>>16884997
All I'm saying is, just fucking get out of the shower after 15 minutes, you won't get any cleaner just standing in there and shriveling.
>>
Guys

Suppose that you found out that a girl was a stripper but also a virgin. She didn't mind getting naked for you to look at or for her job, but was saving herself for marriage. Would that weird you out?
>>
>>16884977
It is basically all about not taking hints.
If my replies are mainly "haha" "lol" "cute" "oh, cool" "that's fun", if I don't ask you questions, if I never initiate conversation, etc but you don't get it, yeah, you're clingy.
If I never initiate conversation and I am always the one ending it, you're clingy.
If I never compliment or if I am never cute with you, you're inappropriate.
>>
>>16885012
>Stripper
>Virgin

>Pick one.
>>
>>16884998
That they're hot as fuck.
>>
>>16884973

It was mainly for guys, just said girls were welcome too if they had any input. Sorry.

>>16884923

Yes I am! As >>16884948 says, through movies and media (and in my experience, speaking with foreigners about it), we definitely get the impression that dating culture is VERY different in the UK/US. Rather formal, waiting a specific amount of dates to sleep together, asking a cute girl out on a date that you saw in Starbucks, y'know? Here, most relationships start with either being friends for a while, then fucking when drunk, or having a one night stand. You might not regret it and want to repeat it. After 5-6 months, you might ask your sex buddy out for a cup of coffee (I've been EXTREMELY anxious asking a guy out to see a movie after sleeping together for 6 months. This guy had his dick in my pooper >20 times, and I somehow think coffee is more intimate lmao. It's a weird culture)
>>
Is there anything wrong with dating a hooker

She is either a good actor or she really is obsessed with me, because she is always calling me and talking about how much she misses me. Found out she is a hooker though and dont know how I should feel
>>
>>16885015
and what are your thoughts on receiving compliments from someone you're into? In terms of amount and how often.
>>
>>16885022
>That they're hot as fuck.
Fuck off lmao poor guy is asking about pale guys who spend their time at home playing video games, you're talking about models who avoid tanning.
>>
Guys/girls what's your honest opinion of straight feminine guys. Would you date one? Do you stereotype them as being gay and ignore? Do any guys here have feminine guy friends and can explain how the relationship is any different to a "normal guy"

>pic related its me every morning
>>
>>16884964

I really appreciate your reply and I completely agree with what you're saying! I think he too gets the impression that I'm not really into him (despite having intense feelings I've never experienced before) because I'm acting like this, which is shitty behaviour. I do disagree with one thing though, I don't party because I want to get with other guys, but to hang out with my friends and spend time with my buddies, whom I don't see a lot apart from the weekends. And it's way too early to ask about getting into a relationship, so that's not an option.

As stated, the reason why I don't come over often is that I don't want to seem to desperate and it takes me a lot of time to work up the nerve to see him, he makes me stupidly nervous. But I definitely agree that he must have gotten the impression that I'm not really into him.

>>16884940

Glad to hear it haha
>>
>>16885026
Reading this made me want to actually vomit

Not in a metaphorical sense either

I actually want to vomit
>>
>>16885033
I do appreciate them, but I prefer rare but more "felt" compliments.

If you text me "Hey beautiful" every morning I end up not even noticing it. If you tell me "I was looking at you earlier today, I think you're gorgeous" once in a while, I do appreciate it much, much more.
>>
>>16885018

See, that's exactly the reaction I expect.
>>
>>16885012
I strongly doubt this situation would ever happen.

>>16885026
>Rather formal, waiting a specific amount of dates to sleep together
It's not that formal. But I'd rather work with that sort of stereotypical situation than hoping casual sex turns into something significant. At least in the former situation you know what each person is after.

I hate ambiguity.
>>
>>16885010

Man, I gotta wash my hair and condition it for 15-20 minutes, the whole process takes at least 30 minutes, it goes down to my butt. Shaving my legs, pits and intimate parts take a while too, and I gotta put on some good smelling lotion, exfoliate my whole body etc. Takes at least an hour. Only the remaining half hour is shivering despair.
>>
>>16885058

I'm a stripper. I've never had sex, I just don't mind being naked for money.
>>
>>16885056
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>16885062
If you're a stripper how about you post some titties bitch
>>
>>16885065

>blue board
>>
File: 1438809716792.png (31 KB, 397x388) Image search: [Google]
1438809716792.png
31 KB, 397x388
>>16885062
Assuming this isnt just bait, I can't imagine many men being ok with that sort of position unless they're in an open relationship. Virginity till marriage is over rated and showing your sexuality off towards other men is a major turn off to say the least.
>>
>>16885070
>rules on an Japanese image board matter
>>
>>16885070
>what is a link

imgur exists
>>
>>16885065
>you
How about you fuck right off
>>
>>16885061
You *have* to lotion and exfoliate your whole body? No offense, wench, but if it were me you were dating, that would be a drop right there. Way too much needless self-maintenance.
>>
>>16885054

Care to tell me why? It's not me specifically, basically everyone here does it.

>>16885058

Well, I see the ups and downs of both situations, I've been asked out by Americans before and it seemed very formal to me. Like I find it romantic if a guy invites me over for beer, gore movies and cunnilingus, best second date I've ever had. And I don't think people below their thirtie are necessarily looking for something significant. Either it's shit sex and chemistry, which means you won't meet again. Or it's great and could turn into a FWB-relationship, which is a fantastic option for most young people - good friends who can chill and have fun while also being sexually satisfied, nice! And if you're lucky, you fall in love, and that's dope, but it's not something we're SEEKING OUT, it's something that just happens when you get to know each other very well.

But in my situation, the ambiguity is killing me a bit too, haha. The fuckbuddy-relation can cause quite a bit of chaos when one part falls in love.
>>
File: 1456458255522.jpg (259 KB, 1122x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456458255522.jpg
259 KB, 1122x1600
>>16885083
You too
>>
File: 56bfd8d7-38e4-b71c-1657265.png (197 KB, 427x467) Image search: [Google]
56bfd8d7-38e4-b71c-1657265.png
197 KB, 427x467
>>16885097
Its disgusting that a whole country operates on a such a degenerate philosophy of drunken casual sex

I recommend Exterimintaus
>>
>>16885084

I'm a Nordic girl who lives in a cold as fuck climate, it's not vanity: Every chick I know exfoliates and moisturises their whole body when showering, many guys do it too, to keep it fresh and nice.

Dumping a girl over taking care of her skin and keeping it fresh in a cold climate is a bit shallow, no? Do you know how girls regularly bathe?
>>
>>16885062
>>16885074
Pretty much this. Saving virginity until marriage is already a big problem, but that girl also blatantly showing herself sexually to others makes things much worse. It's a huge combination of two of the biggest red flags there are.

Either on or the other MIGHT be acceptable, but under no circumstances both.
>>
>>16885105

When people enjoy it and protect themselves, why do you care? It's not like anyone is forced to do so, I have friends of both sexes who are virgins by choice despite being over the age of 20. No religious reason, just not into casual sex either, which is cool. Like it's cool that many people are comfortable with it. What's your problem?
>>
>>16885036
>poor guy is asking about pale guys who spend their time at home playing video games, you're talking about models who avoid tanning.

I find pale skin really attractive, on every body type.
I find some body types more attractive then others, but this doesn't change the fact that I really love pale skin.
>>
>>16885074
>Virginity till marriage is over rated
Tell that to the divorce rate.

If she's a stripper and a virgin she's also a complete and utter narcissist.
>>
>>16885097
>And I don't think people below their thirtie are necessarily looking for something significant
You may not, but that's objectively wrong when we're speaking about entire populations. My closest friends and I are all under 25 yet none of us are keen on casual sex unless someone has been building up an elaborate lie. Sex without emotional attachment is barely any better than masturbation to me.

>But in my situation, the ambiguity is killing me a bit too, haha. The fuckbuddy-relation can cause quite a bit of chaos when one part falls in love.
No shit. That's one of the main reasons we do things differently.

>>16885111
>Dumping a girl over taking care of her skin and keeping it fresh in a cold climate is a bit shallow, no?
If you're taking two hours to shower like that girl claimed and making people late, it really isnt.
>>
>>16885126
>Tell that to the divorce rate.
Which is affected by multiple variables, such as education and income. Trailer and ghetto trash massively inflate the rates.

A college educated couple with middle class income has extremely low divorce rates.
>>
I've been in love with an woman at work for over a year. We don't work together, just in the same building. She has a fiance and I'm in a long-term relationship. I don't think it would work between us anyway, but I can't stop thinking about her.

It makes me miserable all the time. Every weekend, every evening, I can't focus on basic tasks. It's destroying my personal happiness. I try to avoid her to extinguish these feelings, and then she shows up in the elevator with me. I try to mind my own business, and she stops by to say hello. Then I surrender to my feelings and decide to initiate contact with her. I go out of my way to see her, and I either barely miss her by a few seconds (and feel miserable) or she's too busy and I'm imposing on her. It's very frustrating and I can't handle the ups and downs anymore.

I want to end this once and for all, and since I've tried everything else, I think the best thing I can do is tell her how I've felt all this time and hope for a rejection. Then it is over.

My question is this... women, if a guy was polite and professional for over a year and obviously wasn't trying to trick you into a relationship, but they eventually admitted they were feeling this way and needed to get it off their chest, how would you react?
>>
>>16885118
You don't have an advanced civilization, explaining it to you would be pointless

Just don't spread your infection to the western world

Go back to your mindless breeding
>>
>>16885051
>I don't party because I want to get with other guys, but to hang out with my friends and spend time with my buddies, whom I don't see a lot apart from the weekends.

Okay see, here's where you're going wrong. Nobody but you gives a shit what your motivation is. What matters is what the motivation LOOKS LIKE. If you pick partying over spending time with this dude, that's a clear and definite message. Okay? Imagine you're responsible for sending a radio signal to a foreign country or a distant planet or something, and you just send FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU over and over: when they show up with an angry army, does it matter that you did it because you wanted Koreans/sexy aliens to fuck the shit out of you? No. What matters is that you sent a retarded message and now you're doomed.

>As stated, the reason why I don't come over often is that I don't want to seem to desperate and it takes me a lot of time to work up the nerve to see him, he makes me stupidly nervous. But I definitely agree that he must have gotten the impression that I'm not really into him.
Well, you sure as fuck belong on 4chan. This is robot level backwards logic. Take the risk! Dare to look desperate! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? He'll think you're too into him and you'll blow your shot with him because he hates being liked? I mean set down in writing, does this even look like a reasonable risk compared to "Constantly blowing him off might make him possibly suspect I don't give a shit and I'll blow it with him"?

YOU'RE BLOWING IT *NOW*! Jesus H. backflipping Christ in a paddleboat.
>>
>>16884998
It's much healthier and I personally like it a lot better.
>>
>>16885136
>A college educated couple with middle class income has extremely low divorce rates.
Prove it while I find the study showing 89% of all virgin marriages work yet only 30% of people who've had more than 20 partners make a marriage work.

That's IGNORING all social and educational issues, raw figures.
>>
>>16885130

I was speaking on behalf of my own country and culture. I do not know any people in their twenties looking to settle down or actively seeking a partner, and it's not very common to look for a relationship unless you're getting desperate for kids. Love is something that finds you and happens naturally to most young people her, so dating is considered a bit awkward and contrived. So it's fine that you have your own anecdotal evidence and I have mine, but we're from different places and I speak of my country. I'd say 90% of people ages 15-25 have casual sex.

There are many upsides too, and I've had plenty of good experiences, so I wouldn't have it any other day.

>If you're taking two hours to shower like that girl claimed and making people late, it really isnt.

Taking two hours to shower when you have thick hair down to your butt, a whole body to shave, moisturise and exfoliate - yeah, that's pretty normal, m8, especially taking a bit longer when getting ready for a date. Making people wait for you is a dick move though, you just gotta time it and get in the shower earlier.
>>
>>16885048
Personally, I'm not attracted to femininity in guys.
>>
>>16885141

I live in Northern Europe, which I'd consider quite advanced. I think you should explain your thoughts. If it doesn't hurt you or others and people enjoy themselves, what's the harm? You just sound bitter about not getting laid yourself.

It's not really mindless breeding, sexual education is fantastic here, so we're protected when having casual sex ;)
>>
>>16885170
>I'd say 90% of people ages 15-25 have casual sex.
Totally wrong.

You're very immature for your age, I'm 23 with a house/career and I'm looking to settle down.

Are you like actually one of those girls who fucks around partying till she's 30 then realised you've wasted most of your life so find some beta guy to take care of you?
>>
>>16885164
That's probably because if someone chooses to stay virgin till marriage they are really religious, and most religions aren't really big fans of divorces.
>>
>>16885111
>I'm a Nordic girl who lives in a cold as fuck climate, it's not vanity: Every chick I know exfoliates and moisturises their whole body when showering, many guys do it too, to keep it fresh and nice.
Sleepless Swefag here, just wants to say: I know exactly what happens when you dont do this. I 1, never heard of a guy do this, 2, don't have zombie skin or nothing like that so clearly its can't be that important.
>>
>>16885200
(I also would dump a girl who did this btw)
>>
>>16885153

Wow man, thanks for your input, I know what you mean (and that I'm an aspie that belongs here, I clarified that earlier, I'm awkward and terrible with guys) and I appreciate it. I agree, I just gotta get my shit together.

I'm going to the party because I've promised my friends, butwould it be okay to text him and say I'd like to meet up for a few hours, then clarify that I'd like to spend more time with him from now on and that I'm sorry I've been busy when I see him?
>>
File: IMG_1884.jpg (164 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1884.jpg
164 KB, 1600x1067
>>16885183
> You just sound bitter about not getting laid yourself.
Sex is easy to get thanks to you stupid whores being liberated, not really a rational argument there

Nordic people aren't advanced they stole all the technology from the south, you're barely a step above slavs and you look like shit
>>
>>16885164
I'm not going to bother googling the equivalent of water is wet. This is widely known information and if you're ignorant about it that says more about you than anything.

>>16885170
>Love is something that finds you and happens naturally to most young people her, so dating is considered a bit awkward and contrived.
Sure, but by your own admission you're giving him the vibe that you're not interested. At some point you should try to cut past the ambiguity and put things into concrete terms.

>Making people wait for you is a dick move though, you just gotta time it and get in the shower earlier.
Which was my core point. If you want to spend excessive time on exfoliating whatever, but forcing me to be consistently late is pretty much a deal breaker.
>>
Women what are some good ways to break the touch barrier with you.
Ive realized, if you dont break this barrier like the first or second time meeting the girl you are in the friend zone. I normally go for tickling for intimacy. Or Ill hold my hand out when I see her and twirl her around for no reason possibly into a hug.
Some women find it a little weird but see it as playful enough to let go and it lets me flirt a lot more later down the line than if I hadnt.

What methods of breaking the touch barrier are woman approved.
>>
>>16885188

Again, I'm speaking on behalf of my country in Northern Europe. The average age of losing your virginity is 16, casual sex is extremely normalize and most of my teenage friends get condoms from their parents when going to a party. How can you say it's totally wrong unless you've lived here? I haven't spoken

I'm not immature for my age because I have different goals in life than you do, where my main ambition is my career and enjoying myself in my twenties. I'm not sure I want to settle down, at least not before my thirties, which is the average age for having kids is here too. How is focusing on your career and enjoying yourself immature? I'm going to travel the world, enjoy myself and get me a great degree, boo hoo I'm not looking for a husband!

What do you mean by beta guy? What's a beta exactly? Also not looking for anyone to take care of me, I come from a relatively privileged background and I even earn my own money! It's 2016 lmao. I also don't consider having fun wasting my life.
>>
>>16885189
>everyone is unhappy in a marriage, just the religious nuts dont get a divorce
The study also says happily married.
>>
>>16885204
>I'm going to the party because I've promised my friends, butwould it be okay to text him and say I'd like to meet up for a few hours, then clarify that I'd like to spend more time with him from now on and that I'm sorry I've been busy when I see him?
This sounds like a reasonable plan, yes, given that you'd like to spend more time with him from now on.
>>
>>16885228

Oop, I posted it too early. I haven't spoken for US or anything, I'm talking about where I live.*

>>16885218

I agree with you here and appreciate your reply.
>>
>>16885234

Thank you for your reply and advice, I appreciate it and will do. I definitely do want to spend more time with him, just got to get my anxiety and shit together.
>>
>>16885228
>europe
You are all faggots and beta shits. Casual sex correlates directly to that.
>>
File: 3676158934_278b461a22.jpg (41 KB, 316x238) Image search: [Google]
3676158934_278b461a22.jpg
41 KB, 316x238
>>16885250
Exactly
>>
>>16885250

Why can't you explain what's wrong with it? People enjoy themselves and no one is forced to do anything they're not into. Who is the casual sex hurting? If someone finds themselves in an uncomfortable situation and they're not into it, they stop the relation. For the people who enjoy it, it's fantastic.

So instead of the personal attacks, do you have any reasons why you're against it? It's not that I necessarily believe you're just bitter, but you don't seem to have a reason to be against it.
>>
>>16885258
Let me break it to you. You are like a child who was never told not to indulge in sweets. You engage in carnal pleasures in enormous amounts and you think this doesnt have any effect on you mentally. You chose pleasure when given the chance. You dont have the spine to do what needs to be done. To sacrifice pleasure for greatness.
Philosophically speaking you would be the epicureans. You are sickening. You seem educated so let me help you out.
Read on epicureans vs stoics.
>>
>>16884761
Does it matter
>>
>>16885288
I generally agree with you but that is a really shallow understanding of the epicureans.
>>
>>16885423
Epicureans are shallow beasts
>>
>>16885425
Have you even read De Rerum Natura? I would align myself with the stoics too if I were to pick a side but it isn't so simple as saying that Epicureanism= blatant hedonism.
>>
so weird problem.
Been going out with this girl for a few months now.
we had this week long pause. (she had to do this retreat thing at work)
and now that we're talking again I'm having trouble holding a conversation with her.
I dont know what to do
>>
>>16885423
No its not. You want to go here because I love epicurean vs stoic debates and Im certain my arguments are far more developed than yours on the topic.
>>
>>16885450
>it isn't so simple as saying that Epicureanism= blatant hedonism
It is. They just make sure to do it in a way where they can continue their hedonism.
>>
>>16884609
An average, maybe even below average looking girl with a decent body that I know told me she gets over 300 messages a day and that Okcupid gets extremely overwhelming

So whats the point in even starting an account again?
>>
>>16885450
Yes, its more like controlled hedonism but its better to call them beasts

"In Dante's Divine Comedy, the flaming tombs of the Epicureans are located within the sixth circle of hell (Inferno, Canto X). They are the first heretics seen and appear to represent the ultimate, if not quintessential, heresy"
>>
>>16885456
I'm not really looking to argue because I prefer stoicism anyway but I'm always willing to listen if you think you know your philosophy. Can you give me a brief explanation?
>>
>>16885462
Fair play
>>
>>16885482
pleasure=epicurean
Anything else?
>>
Is getting a girl's friends to like me a fast way to her heart?

(excuse the sappy language)
>>
>>16885521
No, leave her poor friends alone you fag.

She wants to talk about you to her friends good or bad. The way to her heart is being a cool dude and displaying what you can provide her
>>
>>16885513
I was hoping for one of those "developed" arguments that might give me some insight into your position but it's okay.
>>
>>16885534
You want the series of papers Ive written on the topic. Because this isnt a free college course. If you want more than epicurean=pleasure you need to ask an informed question.
>>
There was supposed to be a hang-out with all my friends tonight.

Boyfriend said he would text me around 6 when everyone hangs out.

Its 7:30 now... am I uninvited? I feel hurt cuz this happens to me a lot.
>>
>>16885550
bby u r alwayz wlcum @ my party haha!
>>
>>16885552
haha! a trip party!

Could you imagine a party with all the trips on 4chan? Who here would go? :)
>>
File: 1455920793009.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1455920793009.gif
896 KB, 700x600
>>16885563
Would probably pretty cool desu
>>
File: frog.gif (246 KB, 263x199) Image search: [Google]
frog.gif
246 KB, 263x199
No questions. Just dropping by to say thanks to all the male and female anons who frequently post in these threads. Come here many of times for simple and advanced advice.

The girlfriend and I have been going strong for 3 months now and I'm madly in love with her. Honestly think I might marry her someday.
>>
>>16885540
Give me your papers, sir.
>>
>>16884712
My fear of inadequacy.
Not like dick size inadequacy or anything like that. I fear putting my all into something and it doesn't turn out good enough to me.

Because of this, I tend to sail through life with a carefree attitude, simply to protect myself.
>>
>>16884712
i get attached like a dumb little bitch ass
>>
>>16885581
>3 months of relationship
>already thinking about marriage

Shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>16885614
I know it goes against everything I know, but holy shit I just love this woman. Our personalities just blend so perfectly, we're opposites in a lot of aspects of life but yet we come together to just....I don't know. That corny shit that people always say about love actually makes sense when I think about her anon. I think this is actually love.
>>
>>16885618
Just for the sake of yourself, remember its the honey-moon phase. Just remember that shitlord you have a lot of dopamine rushing through that thick noggin of yours
>>
I'm always the one starting conversations. It makes me a little concerned that she isn't in to me, but generally she's very responsive.

At the end of our last conversation she said we'll talk more tomorrow.

Should I wait for her to message me this time? Does it matter?
>>
>>16885218
>it's widely known
>if you don't accept it you're ignorant
Hello 1937 Germany. Try using that one as a reference at university.
>>
>>16884661
I see the good in other people, I'm fairly good looking, i'm creative, goofy

cons -
i don't think i'm very intelligent, i'm really insecure about myself and how other people think of me
>>
Is it worth confiding in my sisters for girl advice? They're all smart and pretty but I don't want them to think differently of me. I'm so autistic they'd be explaining the very basics, I've asked for advice here before but no one answers me which is a testament to just how autistic I am...

tl;dr girls would you give girl advice to your brother without judging or shaming him?

pls answer
>>
>>16885718
Yes I'd be happy to. I don't want my younger brother to get into relationship troubles.
>>
>>16885660
If you've been messaging her first, she'll probably want you to do it again. She already likes talking to you it seems, some girls just like when guys text them first but it doesn't mean anything. You can wait for her to text you but I don't think it means anything.
>>
>>16885718
I give him honest advice if he asks for it. I generally don't want to intrude because it has gotten messy. Like, I'll give him advice, he tells his gf I gave him that advice if they argue, then they start shit with me. My brother dates a bunch of psychos though, so I get a little protective and straight up tell him the girl is being manipulative or tell him red flags. He usually doesn't listen and eventually tells me I was right after the break up though.
>>
>>16885718
are they older or younger than you.
how old are you
>>
File: mom is kill.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
mom is kill.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
Would it be considered weird to re-initiate conversation with this girl? I'm in highschool and I initiated conversation this girl below my grade that I really like. We talked for a little bit and after some time she asked "sooo.. what class are you going to? " "I couldn't tell her because some kids were in the way so I just told her i'm going the other way. I asked if she'd like to do something sometime while I point my thumb kinda back, kinda smiling but trying not to maintain level of creepiness. She said she has a boyfriend and I said ah okay bummer! And that was that.

I haven't spoke for a month with her after that. We met eye contact one time after but that was really it. People say i'm fairly good looking and they all congratulated me for trying. I told my friend who kinda knows her that she told me she has a boyfriend and she was like 'aww im sorry'.

That was my fist time trying to win over a girl, I have 3 months left here at highschool and I never see her again.
>>
>>16885718
That's more about your sisters. Are you friendly with them? If so they'll gel you, they already know you are fuckin' awkward
>>
File: 2016-03-06 23-54-20.319.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06 23-54-20.319.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1620
What do you think of this haircut?
>>
>>16885799
dog/10
nah it's alright man.
>>
File: 1295075889044.png (61 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1295075889044.png
61 KB, 251x251
>>16885592
Sure thing let me just upload them to the 4chan class moodle page real quick
>>
>>16885741
I'm 23 with three older sisters and one younger.

I'm going to go with the advice and ask one of my big sisters.
>>
Question for any gender,

Imagine you have a crush on someone you have to see every day, like someone in your classes or work. Have you ever tried to freeze them out, and has it worked for you? Like if you see them, you try not to talk to them, or just talk to them for as little as possible?

One of my friends tried doing this to some girl he had a crush on (she didn't know how he felt, and she had a boyfriend) and she realized something was up when he did that and it made things even more awkward to the point where she confronted him about it and it all came out. For me, I'm wondering if I can maybe do it better than him, play being disinterested in her, and if that will help me get over how I feel.

I know this might sound crazy but I'm at a loss here as to how to get over this girl. She's really nice tome but I know she has no interest in me (her friend told me she has a thing for a guy that already graduated from our college last year) so I'm trying to figure out how to get over her. When she's nice to me, I almost feel like she's leading me on even though I know she probably doesn't see it that way. What do I do, /adv/?
>>
>>16885861
It won't help, because by actively avoiding her you'll be thinking about her.

If you want to forget about her and are willing to effectively cut contact (by ignoring her) then tell her how you feel, get rejected, and start to get over it.

Ignoring her isn't actually moving on. Getting her answer will put it to rest.
>>
How in the hell can I properly kiss a girl my height, every chick I've dated has been 4-5 inches shorter now I have a date with someone my height and I am beyond baffled how to kiss her 'in a masculine' way.

My technique for the last dozen or so women in my life was always to, gently, tilt there head up and just kind of dictate the first kiss. How can I dictate to someone who of similar stature, it seems so weird and off putting.
>>
>>16884661
My 13cm dick
>>
>>16884661
I used to consider myself undateable because of low self-esteem about my appearance.

But a woman who I have been teaching English told me that if we had met earlier in life she would marry me, which is fucking crazy.

So I started thinking maybe if I could just have discussions with women about meaningful subjects, maybe that could make me appealing in a romantic context, even if I'm fugly.

Hopefully I'll find out this weekend.
>>
>>16885012
null set
>>16885032
that's like buying a rental car, man
>>
>>16885861
Yes and yes.

I worked with an ex of 3 years, she left for a new town 2 years after our breakup. I broke it off once I discovered she was cheating on me and totally cut her out of my life.

When it came to work I treated her like any other colleague, I was always polite and well mannered. There were more than a few times she tried to discuss our relationship and would give me obvious faces and I would just remind her that this is a professional environment and person matters shouldn't be discussed in this time.

It's all about your mindset, right now you have no control over yourself or your desire. How old are you? I'm going to guess under 21 because of how fixated you are, under that age males are literally made to breed. As you get older you get a better grasp on your desire.

One day you'll see it isn't that hard.

Ask yourself why you truly desire her, right it all down then with a cynical eye diminish those qualities by comparing her to other girls and having confidence in yourself and your decisions.
>>
Why is it easier to get out of the creep zone than friend zone.
>>
>>16885861
>>16885048
is "ask the opposite gender" really that hard of a concept to understand?
>>
>>16884712
Fucking meth. That shit will hook you on. I find heroine much more pleasant
>>
>>16885869
Does rejection really help to get over it? I've never tried that before because it sounds so awful, but if it truly does help destroy a crush then I might have to do it this time. I can't handle this.

>>16885929
Yeah I'm a dumb 20 year old. I'll try writing things down, thanks, that sounds helpful.
>>
>>16885935
is "this thread was only made to cater to attention seeking whores who come here with an air of superiority and a sense of belonging to try and help those which they deem lessor" really that hard of a concept to understand?
>>
>>16885943
>Does rejection really help to get over it?
Unfortunately no. Rejection can severely damage men. Elliot Rodger being an extreme case of this.
>>
>>16884661
>>16884712

Positive: I'm good at reading how people feel, so can help them when they're upset. That's a positive trait, but one that I'm proud of is that I can make people laugh. I like being able to make people happy, even if it's on a shallow level.

Negative: I'm lazy and insecure, or maybe I'm lazy because I'm insecure. When I feel like I can't do something at least 99% right, I don't want to even try at all for fear of failure, which obviously results in failure itself. It really fucks me up but I don't know how to get over it. I'm working on it though. But I hate how often I disappoint my professors who try to help. I either turn in good work, or I don't turn it in at all. I guess it's an anxiety issue.
>>
>>16885943
Yes, it absolutely does. Because when you realize they do not give a fuck about you, you can stop giving a fuck about them.

I had a crush on a girl and asked her out last year. She gave me a soft rejection and I never heard from her again.
I still think she's cute, but I don't care about her because she made it clear she doesn't care about me.

If your friend straight up tells you "I have zero romantic interest in you" I'm sure it will help. It'll sting, but you'll KNOW and be able to move on.
>>
>>16885961
There's a big difference between being rejected by a crush you WANT to get over, and being a crazy asshole who yells a strangers for being a couple who nobody would ever fuck.
>>
>>16885968
>Because when you realize they do not give a fuck about you, you can stop giving a fuck about them.

Don't listen to this guy. Who I doubt is actually a guy. When a man really cares about someone, then he finds out that person doesn't care for him, he doesn't just lose those emotions like a robot.

If you aren't mature enough to shut your desire off you aren't strong enough to handle that.

Why are you pretending to be a guy.
>>
>>16885980
So are you saying he was always a crazy asshole who yelled at strangers? He was born like that was he?
>>
>>16885982
That's why I said I still think she's cute. I'd date the shit outta her, man. But I can't, and she told me so. So why waste the energy giving her a second thought?

I spent long time crushing on various people who never outright rejected me. I've found being rejected directly to be a much easier experience.
>>
>>16885990
Have you read his manifesto? Yes, he clearly always was fucked up.
>>
>>16884609
I want to ask other guys this question. Do you guys have to drag interesting conversation out of girls? Even ones that approach you? I've been texting a few girls, and I really have to get creative to get anything imaginative out of a girl. It's like talking to a robot or some shit.

The only girl I've been in a long term relationship with was the same way. I swear her thoughts were that of an automaton, but you just have to put up with the bullshit to get the tenderness.

I really want a girl that can say something profound to me.

I'm tired of having conversations where the nouns can be replaced with x, y, z.
>>
>>16885990
Yes. He had behavioral and emotional problems requiring a therapist pretty much all his life. He was even in "special" housing at college.
>>
>>16885997
Why are you talking to me about mental health in ignorance?

If you don't understand it don't discuss it. I'm more than happy to have an informed discussion about the mental affects of social and emotional rejection in humans predominantly males (my field of study) but you just want to throw meme tier logic based on a manifesto that was only written to give him more attention, right?
>>
>>16884609
>>16884609
id like to know why women fucking hate me
fucking pieces of shit
>>
>>16885139
How would you feel if someone did this to you?
>>
>>16885999

Having talked to a lot of women, that's how most girls see guys as well, except about replace whatever basic shit you think girls talk about with cars, sports, and sex.

And honestly, everyone is basic on some level--or else they're some pretentious hipster douche so obsessed looking different and edgy that they're not worth talking to. Almost everyone has SOMETHING they can talk about with some insight and depth, it's just on you to find it (since you're the one looking for it).

Personally 7/10 of women I meet I usually get an interesting conversation out of (with men it's actually less desu. Like 50/50).

TL;DR: If you feel like you're pulling teeth doing it, it's because you're doing it wrong (taking the wrong approach/asking the wrong questions/doing something that's putting them off/etc). Improve your conversation and communication skills.
>>
>>16886008
>if you don't understand it don't discuss it
>my field of study

Where do you think you are? Why do you think your assertion of expertise as an anonymous poster matters even slightly?
I don't believe your assertion and you haven't backed it up, so no, I don't think rejection is dangerous. People are rejected every single day. If it drives you to murder that means there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>16886012
Shot in the dark here... maybe it's because you're entitled enough to call them "fucking pieces of shit" for not giving you attention.

See Elliot Roger..
>>
File: popee.jpg (36 KB, 308x300) Image search: [Google]
popee.jpg
36 KB, 308x300
>>16886045
Don't insult the Supreme Gentlemen
>>
>>16884661
people usually say i'm a really chill person to be around, like i'm never boring, not the problem type dude.
>>16884712
my laziness i guess
I got a good potential at life that I don't even use and the worst is that I know it but I don't do anything to change that
>>
>>16886036
personally 0/10 women i meet i get an interesting conversation with
women are trash
>>
>>16886041
Because when you don't consider EVERY fact you ALWAYS consider you're wrong.
That's literally rule 1 of psychology, children.

That anon based it's logic on something which was created for attention.
Tell me, did it consider every fact?

Even without my "expertise" anyone who applies basic logic to that response will find fault.

I still have my final assignment which is fully referenced to peer reviewed studies and was on the mental affects of social rejection in men and I used Elliot Rodger as a case study which showed he was a product of his upbringing, blaming his parents and the state. I can put it in a google.doc and link if you want.
>>
>>16886061
>>16886061
>personally 0/10 women i meet i get an interesting conversation with

So you're a trash conversationalist.
>>
>>16886036
You're probably right. I basically have no idea how to communicate really, I kinda just do my best and honestly I just put myself out there.

I have damn niche interests in things, but a great deal of interests so I always figure I can find something to break the ice and get to the core.... right?

wrong. I guess I don't understand the iterative process to work my way down the totem poll of speech. I was kind of a shut in child.

One common thing that I run into, sometimes girls will text me "hey" first. And that's where my brain breaks down. I don't want to do the whole wank of hi, what's up how's it going?

I kinda just jump to whatever I'm thinking about... to be fair they still talk to me, so hopefully that's a sign I'm at least not boring.

Oh, and if I do say hi what's up, the answer is always (without fail) "nm hbu"

My brain just doesn't handle conversation like that... it's so excessively pointless that I almost go nuts trying to figure out what to say at that point. It's like playing against a straight faced texas holdem player. They have a hand to play, but give no indication of what.
>>
>>16886045
>because you couldnt possible be angry without being entitled
roastie whore please kill yourself
>>
>>16886081
nah women are just brainless boring sheep
not my fault im not interested in your latest snapchat of a dog licking its own testicles

a woman has never entertained me
>>
>>16884609
I've lost control of myself. After leaving the military the and fiance leaving me while I was on tour, I've been nothing but bitter and lonely. It's been six years. I've deleted my Facebook and all social media because I could care less for it. I cover my depression with a smile and act normal. At night I just lie down and think to myself and it fucking hurts how lonely I am. I tried curing it with multiple hookers and one night stands but nothing beats the feeling of falling asleep and holding someone you love. Sure the sex is great but in the long run, I yearn for human contact.

I love all you even though I may never know you in real life. Find what you're looking for and money can't buy true happiness.
>>
>>16886102
That's not a question.
>>
>>16886087

See, now you're talking about a completely different thing.

Texting is not having a conversation.

A conversation is an informal, interactive exchange between two or more individuals. It takes place in real time, and is simultaneously back and forth. You are constantly sending information verbally while getting instantaneous feedback visually/audibly (shrugs/laughs/smiles/"uh-huhs"/"really"s/etc.)

None of that takes place over texting.

Texting by nature is meant to minimize and truncate conversation is much as possible. It is basically antithetical to the nature of a conversation.

I was a shut in kid too. Literally was dreaded going to go to restaurants out with even my family because it meant I'd have to talk to a stranger to order.

I got tired of being cripplingly shy during high school and just bit by bit forced myself to talk to more and more strangers.

Eventually some time during college I got to the point where I just started going to restaurants after work, sitting down and ordering a drink and meal, and chatting with whatever complete strangers were around me.

Making conversation is a skill like any other. It's something you have to train and built up through experience.
>>
>>16886088

robot who thinks "roastie" is a thing.
Please stop assuming dudes are guys and go fuck yourself.

You clearly need to get laid, and since you don't even know how vaginas work, looks like you're going to have to take care of yourself.
>>
>>16884609
Why do women still think that they deserve to be treated equally in absolutely all aspects when they're clearly inferior to men in many ways and already get special treatment (which they don't want to give up)? I don't get it.
>>
>>16886123
tl;dr is there a cure for loneliness?
>>
I was discovered by someone else that my now ex who cheated on me before had lost respect for me afterwards because i didnt dump her as she lost a little respect for me for staying with someone as disgusting as a cheater?

Someone bring some light into this kind of thinking
>>
>>16886133
If you have severe depression, get counseling. After that is dealt with you'll probably be ready for a relationship again which will help with the loneliness.
>>
>>16886134
Forget the backstabbing slut and take her out of your life completely. Not worth the trouble
>>
>>16886088
This word "roastie" is still killing me. That's so nasty, and retarded.
>>
>>16886134
As a male who believes egalitarianism is the way:

Crazy bitches be crazy.

Move on and stop wasting your time thinking about trash tier people.
>>
what would you do if your dad was cheating and seeing prostitutes but you dont wanna tell your mom because you would get kicked out. do i have a moral and filial obligation to tell her?
>>
>>16884609
a girl has told me that she is extremely horny and has recently broken up with a guy

we have known each other for around 6 months and she is comfortable having me touch her and vice versa (not in a sexual way, though)

does this sound like something you would do with a guy you were attracted to or a guy you viewed as a "gay best friend"
>>
>>16886149
Open a thread on 4chan/adv and also ask on a different thread that isn't even related to my issue.
Oh wait, you already did that.
>>
>>16886139
>>16886148
Im looking for female answers btw. No male would understand why she thought the way she did. It amazes me the kind of logic women are capable of
>>
>>16886139
Would it be called severe depression? I'm not in to meds or any shit like that. I don't want to start taking themy either.

I hate being so lonely.
>>
>>16886157

Dude. Don't delude yourself. PEOPLE are capable of fucked up logic.

Just last week:

"As long as she never finds out. What's wrong with sleeping around? It's not like she's getting hurt by it.?"
>>
>>16886154
>gay best friend zone
Holy shit this is amazing. New levels reached. Congrats. Women treat men they dont see as 'men' as little bitches. So yeah, they have no problem saying this type of stuff to you.
>>
>>16886179

uhh wut

i literally haven't tried to get with her, why would i feel bad about being considered a friend
>>
>>16886157
Im male and i find this completely perplexing, i too would like a female to chime in on this.
>>
Ladies. Question for you.

Would you feel inadequate, upset, turned off, or any other similar emotion if your man was a better cook than you?
>>
>>16886211
Nope, I'd feel lucky to have met a guy who actually knows how to cook and does cook, because guys like that are rare. Is he a chef or something?
>>
>>16886183
Bro you are gay best friend zoned. You arent a man.
>>
>>16886211
No. Every woman wants a man who can cook. I'd be upset if you said my cooking sucked though, because I'm pretty good at it.
>>
>>16886124
True its a different context/question, but still the same problem. Cold air. I'm not really shy desu, I just haven't arrived at the same lingua-franca as everyone else.

I don't know the pattern that most people to have rooted. Doesn't stop me.

Its still the problem of pulling teeth. Trying to extract the essence of their being through extremely diluted phrases.

Sometimes I think its just because I'm a melancholic person and I see the world through heavy, pensive goggles which don't really relate to everyone else's view.

Maybe to them their soul out poor, and I'm unamused in a sick sadistic way.

Or maybe, that deeply rooted, automatic conversational pattern keeps us all truely disconnected even in torrential outbursts of conversation. And I'm just an outsider looking in on what appears to be hollow delusions of connections.

All I'm saying is, I don't know what's at fault. I just want to hear something true. I don't care about the catalog of your favorite movies, not about the picture of your lunch. I wanna hear what you thought about Fargo or how you think the government oughta ban guns cause how could you ignore the parents at newton.

And I don't know how to fix that. I don't know how to channel the real guttural human feeling from people. It all just seems like useless pleasantries to me.

Its weird how talking to other people can make you feel the more isolated.
>>
>>16886217

im just happy im not insecure enough to have to criticize people i know literally one thing about over the internet

I mean shit dude I have no idea why you'd rather be bored in an easy class than fuck around the entire time with someone, male or female
>>
Women, what do i do in regards to this ---> >>16886152
>>
>>16886228
Normalfags everyone

DUDE BRA AT LEAST IM NOT X I'M Y HAHA PUSSY AND SHIEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>16886230
If I wanted to read your novel, I would have done so in that thread.
>>
>>16886233

could really use some advice, and this is /adv

fuck. whatever
>>
>>16886233
HAHAHHA REKT FAGGOT
>>
>>16886231
Are you ok

I'll assume you're a smart guy and that means, when you are/were at uni, some classes bored you

Wouldn't you rather fuck around than do nothing

Even if the person you fuck around with is a grill with whom you can talk to abt literally anything, weird or normal, and vice versa
>>
>>16886238
I advise you find the nearest highway and play frogger until you lose
>>
>>16886127
Mad roastie
Lol men always take care of themselves, women are too incompetant to take care of anything
>>
>>16886242
you would never say that shit to my face, lol...
>>
>>16886250
Take a picture and post it, I'll print it out and say it

I'd love for you to try and get hard with me so I can blow you away
>>
>>16886250
Fucking kill yourself you little fag
Youre too retarded for the internet
Wheres your tard wrangler
>>
>>16886215

No. I just have fun cooking and do quite a lot of it. To the point where I prefer to do most things from scratch. I'm not a fan of cans and frozen food either. I grew up on that stuff and hate it.

I do bake pastries as well. Mostly cookies and brownies, and occasionally pies and cakes...However I'm terrible at decorating cakes.
>>
>>16886261
>>16886252

I'ma guess that both of you are somewhere in your mid 20s, have touched between 0-5 women in your life, most likely extremely underweight or overweight/obese, whom hide behind their keyboards and shitpost 4chan all day long.

You suffer enough as it is, i dont want to make your life any more pathetic than i already know it will be ;/
>>
File: kristen-stewart-embarrassed.gif (727 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
kristen-stewart-embarrassed.gif
727 KB, 500x281
>>16886271
Was that supposed to be an insult?
>>
>>16886271
Holy shit, that projecting. Youre dead wrong on all counts. You were pretty much describing yourself
>>
>>16886264
We'd get along great. I'm a fussy eater who grew up in a household where the rule was 'if you don't like it, make your own dinner', so I learnt to cook pretty quickly. I hate the eating food that's just heated up too, though I will resort to it if I am short on time or am feeling particularly tired or lazy. I'm better at baking though, I think we'd complement each other well.
>>
Guys,
What is something a woman could do for you that wouldn't seem overly creepy? Like maybe bringing you a cup of coffee unprompted, or something along those lines?
>>
>>16886264
protip: don't tell someone you can make "pastries" unless you actually can. cookies, brownies, and cakes are not pastries. croissants, danishes, and anything involving multi-layered pastry dough is a pastry. but you did say pies, so being able to make pie crust is halfway there.
>>
>>16886294
What are your intentions?
>>
>>16886226

Mmm... there's something fundamentally flawed in that approach. You're being kind of self-centric and immature there.

In order to get someone to open up, you need to convince them that you're someone to trust. Right now it sounds like you're trying to skip steps and want to only talk about topics you think are "serious" to you, almost as if anything else any other topic is boring and vapid... and that would kind of make you come off as being uninterested and judgmental, and that isn't the greatest of ways to establish and connection and get people to open up.

Feel each other out first and establish intimacy first THEN jump to the serious. That's how it works.
>>
>>16886305
To strengthen an existing friendship. It would be nice if it could be more than that, but I'm fine with just being better friends.
>>
>>16886311
Yeah, the coffee sounds fine for something like that.
>>
>>16886228
I know you arent a man lol.
>Gay best friend zone
Im going to start using this. The ultimate form of the friend zone. You might as well be castrated.
>>
>>16886328
Thanks. Is there anything else you can think of that might work as well?
>>
How do you gauge if it is ok to give a hug etc to a girl?
Yesterday, when I was watching movies with this girl I think I have a crush on, who lives in the same apartment complex as I, I sorta wanted to wrap my arm around her and hug her.
>>
Hey, alright, so my best friend invited me to a threesome with her boyfriend, they're both fine with it, and I'm interested, because I'm a bi-curious lesbian, and I wanted to know what it's like to have sex with a guy. I still have my hymen, if that's a problem or not. She also said that we were going to keep it nice and simple for me, as well.

Ladies could you help me out here?
>>
To virgin guys: does it make you uncomfortable when people around you talk about sex?
>>
>>16886480
Not at all.
>>
>>16886468
What I'm trying to say is, what is it like having sex with a guy, and what can/should I expect?
>>
>>16886480
Sorta, though it depends on how much into detail they go to.
>>
File: 6Iq0bml.png (308 KB, 631x755) Image search: [Google]
6Iq0bml.png
308 KB, 631x755
Why did this girl flirt with me, talk to me for 2 weeks and agree to go on a date and then get into a relationship. It was too good to be true, there was too much in common. I'm devastated. The worst part is today she saw me and she said I looked sad and wanted to know why, she keeps talking to me. I never wanted to be just a friend to her.
>>
Women how hot are you. Physically speaking. I cant sleep next to this girl because she radiates fire like an oven. So I get sticky. Shes complained that sleeping next to guys is bad because every guy is sweaty and Ive always told her shes crazy, but its finally clicked. She is a fucking furnace and of course you would get sweaty next to her.
How do I gently tell her this. How do other women deal with this
>>
>>16886480
Yes and no. If you start badgering me about sex then yes.
>>
to women

why is talking about your weight so taboo?
>>
>>16886524
It's not. It just depends on whether you say what you say respectfully and tactfully, and whether a particular woman happens to be exceptionally sensitive about it.
>>
>>16886480

I was a virgin 'til my mid 20's for personal reasons. Nah, I never cared. Helps that I pretty much always was always kind of private in the, "My business is my business and yours is yours. Respect that." kind of way so people just tended to know not to pry for details about anyone else from me or all they'd get is wry responses and a half smirking look.

>>16886507
>Why did this girl flirt with me, talk to me for 2 weeks and agree to go on a date and then get into a relationship.

Because she found someone else more interesting.

A single date isn't a commitment, nor a promise for a relationship. It's just a date. It's 2016. You're the one acting under false assumptions here, not her.

>>16886518
>Women how hot are you. Physically speaking. I cant sleep next to this girl because she radiates fire like an oven.
*shrug* Don't think it's gender limited. I'm a dude and I'm the same way; I run hot. Girls tend to like the heat though so I just become like a space heater to them.

Just tell her what you told us basically (minus the sweaty stuff).
>>
>why don't you try to be her friend first and seduce her from there?

Good or bad advice according to you?
>>
>>16886507
Shit anon, are you me from a few months back? In my case though I knew what I was getting into potentially. She introduced me to her "friend" one time, and then after the first date she dropped the b-word. I knew it was a possibility (especially since a mutual friend told me she'd been hanging out with a dude) but it still hurt like fuck.

Anyway, worst case she was playing you, best case you missed the bus.
>>
>>16886564

Uhh.... Good and bad...

That shit is wildly easy to misinterpret.

It's kind of like
>Be yourself
Be yourself doesn't mean roll up in sweats, covered in cheetoh stains smelling like ass. It means be the best version of yourself that is true to your core personality, and don't be a try hard.

Similarly, be her friend means get to know her like an actual person--like a new bro--but don't be afraid to throw in some flirts. In other words, don't try to be a player and try to hit on her 24/7 or act like a desperate dweeb tying to smother her to death.

Just chill, relax, get to know her as a person,and go with the flow of flirting progression.

Or something like that. I kind of have issues with the wording to begin with desu, but I get where it's kind of trying to go.
>>
I know this is usually answered in the OP FAQ with "Anywhere", but I'll ask anyway. How do you go about meeting girls to date? I've spent the last year fixing my depression, and trying to get my shit together, and now I think I'm finally stable enough for a relationship.

The issue is that I don't really know any girls I'd like to date, so need to meet some new people. Also, I've been a bit of an outsider my whole life, so I still find it pretty hard to connect with people, and sometimes to even make conversation (I've been trying to work on the conversation part at least). Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>16886604

Work on the basic communication part first, then work on the dating part. Learn to crawl before you start trying to run a race.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.