[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man I'm a god at FL Studio, I open up my Sawer, insert a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: duke-nukem-416.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
duke-nukem-416.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
Man I'm a god at FL Studio, I open up my Sawer, insert a small tune, and I make something amazing using presets. I then publish it on soundcloud and gain like 2000 plays. My family thinks i'm the shit, my friends think i'm the shit, my band teacher thinks i'm the shit, and wow, i'm going to do this for college. This is my passion. I'm talented and a natural at this
>>
Music major at uni reporting in

Ur gonna go to uni and then meet dozens of "the shits". Talent is only achieved through hard work so please humble urself. 2000 views isnt a lot. I once made a rap song about twerking and it got like 1.5k views on youtube. Being proud of something so small is really something id advise against. Who knows maybe you will understand when you go to college.

Inb4 falling for bait.
>>
>>16884681
Sadly, like 75% of the threads here now, this is b8
>>
Is there a question in there? Regardless probably a troll but if not, like the other poster said there are a lot of 'the shits'. It is sad but hard work and even some talent don't mean a lot if there is nothing special about it. Also 2000 views isn't a lot, most cat videos get more than that.
>>
>>16884165
lets hear your bars/tracks if youre that good then. Wheres the link, cmon.
>>
>>16884165
I don't get it, do you want advice or did you just come to brag?

Nobody cares how many plays or likes you get in real life.
>>
>>16884165
>implying view numbers insinuate talent
>>
>>16885704
No cause this is anonymous and I don't want you spamming my account
>>
>>16885767
You could post 30 seconds of a song off a random hosting site without directly linking to your soundcloud
>>
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>16885819
hah bullshit, give me a link and proof that you guys won't backtrace it
>>
>>16884165
bahahahaha op I bet your mix downs are shit, anyone who uses presets and midi kits is more than likely garbage
>>
>>16885909
what do you mean midi kits? presets are a way many people go about it i make my own midi in the piano roll
>>
>>16885927
yeah, no. Only kids that try to make future house/big room or whatever the fuck is in, use presets. I mean, come on, OP. You lack the creative ability to turn a fucking knob? It's called a fucking modwheel, use it.
>>
>>16885859
There are soundcloud/bandcamp threads 5x a day on /mu/

Are you a dumb dumb?

Look, I'll post one of mine. Nobody cares bro. No one cares at all.

https://soundcloud.com/matt-devlin/to-love-cameron-jenkins

This isn't /b/. I assume this is your first rodeo on boards other than that.
>>
>>16885936
I do infact use the mod wheel from time to time. I don't fucking know how to make my own presets. That actually requires work and shit, but i'm too busy with school and i'll get my ass on the table in college
>>
>>16885947
Then you're not good at this, OP. A decent producer knows how to make his sounds from scratch or make them adapt to what he has. You're just a cookie cutter and apparently not a good one at that. Take it from a guy that's signed to Spinnin'.
>>
>>16885958
I know im not a fucking good producer and I want to do it in college. I want to spend money doing something I don't even know if I want to do in life. Why is Aphex Twin so good? I can probably recreate his stuff easily, I don't understand it
>>
>>16885970
my pc has like 2 gigs of ram and shitty outdated hardware, it wouldnt be able to handle it anyway
>>
>>16885983
If I were you I'd take piano courses and get really good.

But then I like edm that has a good keyboard player like Feed Me much more than boring people that make nice synth sounds but aren't good at playing.
>>
>>16885993
i told my dad i want to take piano courses
>>
>>16886007
I really need to because I want to start a funk/acid jazz band but no one young seems to like the genre but me and guitar isn't how it's written.

I am going to take piano and then jazz piano for it. Funk is basically jazz goes pop and they heavily overlap.

Much of edm is based on disco.

If you can't play then you can't write anything worthwhile. Edm is full of the same kids that punk is. People pretending to be musicians.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.