[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just took 10g of paracetamol. What do ? Am i going to die ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1437719574119.jpg (72 KB, 700x673) Image search: [Google]
1437719574119.jpg
72 KB, 700x673
I just took 10g of paracetamol. What do ? Am i going to die ?
>>
Probably not.
Why did you take 10g of paracetamol?
>>
>>16883939
Medfag here. I have a couple questions. First, to confirm, you took 10g of paracetamol? As in 10000mg? Second, how long ago did you do this? I need an exact time, 4 hours, 24 hours?
>>
Prank call this number +1 (254) 739-9563
>>
>>16883939
Also, how much do you weigh?
>>
>>16883946
Backpain hurting me really bad. I saw red and took the pills.

>>16884046
I took doliprane 1000mg X10. It was about 1 hour ago.

>>16884049
I'm about 136kg.
>>
>>16883939
You need to go to hospital. That's a significant ingestion that needs to be investigated and possibly treated.

source: doctor that works in acute medicine
>>
>>16884118
What do i risk ?
>>
>>16884128
Liver failure, which, if it doesn't kill you, can lead to permanent liver cirrhosis.

The antidote to paracetamol is most effective within the first eight hours. In this case, you probably will need it but it depends on the level of paracetamol in your blood.
>>
>>16884118
Pretty sure high risk is 150mg/kg bodyweight
>>
>>16884143
We use 75mg/kg/24hrs, and max weight of 110kg for a significant ingestion.
>>
>>16884081
OP, you have taken 2.5 times the maximum limit and have overdosed. Your situation is serious, so do everything I tell you. You have to get to a hospital right now. You will be given a drug to prevent the paracetamol from causing liver failure. The drug will only work within the next 23 hours, if you do not receive it within then you will die of liver failure in the next two weeks. If you have any questions ask, but you need to go to the hospital right now. If you do not have a way there, call an ambulance.
>>
File: unebliev.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
unebliev.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>16884081
Why is nobody asking if op is completely retarded?

>OP, are you completely retarded?
>>
>>16883939
10g
>checks my packets
>500mg
Get to a fucking hospital man.
>>
>>16884334
Because oaracetamol, aka acetaminophen, aka Tylenol, has a reputation for being one of the safest painkillers there is. And it is, if you stick strictly to the recommended dosages. But it is easier to overdose on than many other painkillers, and it's an especially nasty way to die.
>>
OP rush to hospital, this amount of paracetamol will kill your liver and then you.
Google paracetamol overdose and see I'm not pulling your leg
>>
OP died, move along guys
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.