[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I take an SNRI for generalised anxiety disorder, which helps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
I take an SNRI for generalised anxiety disorder, which helps me get outside more than I did 4 years back. However, my speech has gotten worse. I've noticed these last couple of years my speech has become more slurred, and I stutter more than I used to. I've also noticed that I'm finding it difficult to express when I talk.

What the fuck is happening to me? It feels like I'm suffering from brain damage.
>>
>>16882634
Speak to a doctor. It could be a myriad of issues. Check your med's side effects, you should have listed the actual generic name of your meds in the OP.
>>
>>16882643
Venlafaxine to be precise. My standard of written English has slumped considerably.
>>
>>16882643
Also, to mention my eyesight is poorer than say, 2 years ago.
>>
Maybe you are just on the wrong dosage? Drugs can have side effects and this could be some. Try to vary the those in small steps. From what you wrote i would say, you should try to take a little less. Wait a week and go back to the dose you are taking now.
>>
>>16883856
Absoluteluy not, OP. Do not fuck with your dosage without consulting your psychiatrist, this can lead to more problems than it's worth.

Call your doctor and -talk to them-. Mention this and see what they have to say. It may be an unrelated issue and then you'll have screwed up your dosage for nothing.
>>
>>16882634
An SNRI shouldn't cause that. Talk to your doctor.
>>
>>16883865
I head strong headache, sweat attacks, heart rushing, and was like in a sugar shock. I did it how I told in prev post and now everything is good.
Where i live docs tell you to take the meds and that's it. When you have a problem they'll ask you if you want to kill yourself. No? So then just continue to take them as prescribed and call back in 2 weeks.
>>
>>16883856
Thats a terrible idea. If his pills are extended release he'll fuck himself up royally and turn them into immediate release by cutting them. If they're immediate release he'll fuck himself over because we're talking about relatively small pills and nobody cuts them accurately. This isn't like administering a solution where you can just draw a few tenths of an ml less.

Also, OP, slurred speech and vision changes could be indicative of a sodium dip that can be an unusual side effect of Venlafaxine. You need to seek medical attention.
>>
>>16883882
Stop typing. You're displaying possible symptoms of serotonin syndrome, go to the ER immediately if you have someone who can drive you or call 911.
>>
>>16883890
Yes, seek help OP
>>
File: go to a fucking doctor 2.jpg (166 KB, 2208x1216) Image search: [Google]
go to a fucking doctor 2.jpg
166 KB, 2208x1216
>>16882634
>my speech has become more slurred
honestly why are you asking 4chan about this and not a doctor
>>
>>16883890
I have read of it too, and read that it's deadly. But i had those symptoms weeks ago and im pretty much fine now... Don't scare the shit out of me
>>
>>16883925
Who do you talk to? OP or me?
>>
>>16883930
Its not always deadly. There could be something wrong with the specific pills you have, the dose, a drug interactions, something metabolic. The point is that its POTENTIALLY fatal and can have long term effects. Go to the ER.
>>
>>16883942
If you are trolling me fuck you.
I mean if I am fine i am fine, but damn i will call somewhere tomorrow and ask. Any link or something, that you don't shit around? How do you know that so good just from that few sentences
>>
>>16883955
I'm not trolling. This might be nothing or it might be incredibly serious.You need to go to the ER on the off chance that its the latter. I'm a shrink, if you called me and told me you had those symptoms I would tell you to go to the hospital.
>>
>>16883970
Googled it. Found something and as i understand it I'm fine. Don't you understand, i don't have any of the symptoms anymore
>>
>>16883993
its your life.
>>
>>16884060
https://youtu.be/vx2u5uUu3DE
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.