[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so first thing is that i tend to be sadistic and non-empathic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: _20151203_120738.jpg (3 KB, 148x91) Image search: [Google]
_20151203_120738.jpg
3 KB, 148x91
Okay so first thing is that i tend to be sadistic and non-empathic. So i pretty much talked to my friend who i think could be semi-depressed? trough Facebook. She pretty much said that she wishes not to exist. We talked about some paranormal shit and then i mentioned a way of non-existing that would require death(pretty much just for keks). Then i said even if she did that she would still exist in like 1%. She said it's too much of % and then i said something like "IDK then, you should consider killing yourself, that could be like 100% of not-existing." She then disappeared and i thought she just went to sleep because it was late etc. But she didn't respond to me for next two days and i'm getting a little bit nervous. Facebook says she is online from time to time but she never even reads my messages. Just mentioning she knows about my complete lack of empathy, we know eachother for almost 10 years and she never made that a problem. Did i go too far this time? I seriously didn't have bad intentions, i just thought about this as a way to solve her problem.
>>
Anyone? I seriously have no idea if i went too far or not.
>>
you did
>>
>>16879760
You went too far by far. She was depressed and wanted someone to listen, and you seem to have said, "just kill yourself, LOL!!"
>>
>>16880041
But i listened. And it was all keks and stuff until i directly said "kill youself". I don't really understand why this turnaround happened.
>>
>>16880057
The whole "kill yourself" joke was not found to be at all funny by your friend.
>>
>>16880066
I really had no bad intentions there though, literally only tried to help. And she knows well how much i lack empathy, and that i can't really help it. I dunno what to do now, she lives too far from me to go and meet her, and she won't read my messages at all.
>>
>>16880074
The point is she was focussing on her problems. I guess she was expecting support and was profoundly shocked by your comment.
>>
File: image.png (835 KB, 932x594) Image search: [Google]
image.png
835 KB, 932x594
>>16879760
That doesn't sound sadistic to me. If she's depressed then I don't see why suggesting suicide would upset her. Maybe she wanted you to try to cheer her up, rather than offer a solution. She should have just said so if that's the case.
You could try apologizing, I suppose. Or just drop your relationship if she's going to sulk instead of make amends.
>>
>>16880079
Rude. I remember her complaining about one of our friends acting in a way similar to hers(We dropped contact at some point for another reason) and now she's doing exactly same thing. This kinda upsets me.
>>16880096
I'm not speaking about this situation, but i tend to be sadistic and unempathic - trying to avoid this as much as i can when talking to her though. Wouldn't really want to drop relationship since that's pretty much last friend i have, others leaving quickly because of my behavior. Sadly she won't even read my messages, so she won't see that i apologized.
>>
>>16879760
Yeah honestly as a rule, telling someone that killing themselves might be a good idea wont go down well. There's not much you can do now if you've already sent her an apology, guess you just have to wait and see if she forgives you
>>
>>16880125
Why though? I seriously don't understand this.
>>
>>16880112
A self-confessed sadist who says they have no empathy complains that someone is being rude?! You're full of s*!t.
>>
>>16880183
I suposse i should have used hypocritical instead of rude.
>>
>>16880174
Well, I suppose most humans seek validation from their peers/friends/family, so to her you suggesting she kills herself probably made her think you don't care wether she lives or dies. Which, if she cares about your opinion of her, would likely be very upsetting.
>>
>>16880210
Why would that make her upset though? I can't see how one would be upset about someone not caring whether they live or die while death isn't really a bad thing - i mean it could actually be even better than being alive, though it's not something i know.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.