[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me what's "so bad for you"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Fast-Weight.jpg (88 KB, 475x344) Image search: [Google]
Fast-Weight.jpg
88 KB, 475x344
Can someone explain to me what's "so bad for you" when it comes to losing weight quickly? I'm on a pretty intensive diet right now, and I've lost 15 lbs in just over 3 weeks, which my coworkers and some other friends are saying "is terrible for me." Last year I did the same diet, and I lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks.

I feel absolutely fine, my energy is solid, and I have no problems that I'm aware of, plus I'm finally down from being borderline obese to having a healthy, normal BMI, which seems to me to be a lot more important than "losing weight too fast."

Is there something terrible that's going to hit me that I'm unaware of?
>>
what do you mean by intensive diet?
>>
>>16879744
Crash dieting has been proven to be ineffective.

Also can cause hair loss.
>>
File: B8qBzzD.gif (2 MB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
B8qBzzD.gif
2 MB, 349x400
1. Not all of that weight is fat. Most people ignore that muscles need calories as well, and as a result you can lose quite a bit of muscle from these kind of diets.
2. Loose skin will accumulate in your body. Not only will the skin not have enough time to adjust to the fat, the muscles being lost through these diets like I said in #1 will make it even worse. Sometimes plastic surgery will be the only option.

I told you what makes them bad. Personally, I'd ask you to just stick to 2 lbs lost per week at most, but it's your decision.
>>
ask /fit/
>>
>>16879747

Well, first off, I cut out booze from my diet for the time being, which is a big deal, because I'm a hardcore alcoholic and was putting like 2,000 empty calories into me a day.

Second, I'm currently eating under 1,200 calories a day, but honestly, more like around 1,000 most days.

If I'm really hungry throughout the day, I down a bunch of raw vegetables (I love vegetables, so this isn't any kind of torture), and I generally save a larger, more filling, protein packed meal for dinner.

Water and unsweetened tea are the only things I drink, with an occasional diet soda in the mix when I really get the desire for something carbonated to replace the beer.

>>16879762
I fail to see how going from somewhere between 210-220 down to 173 and still going is ineffective, though. My hair looks wonderful and luscious, like always.

I'm seeing results, and wanting to maintain said results will encourage me to be careful with my consumption in the future, I feel.
>>
>>16879778

I've been working out to accompany this and at least from the eye test, I appear much more muscular, compared to the totally flabby blob I was becoming. My skin seems to have remained pretty elastic, and I haven't noticed any loose skin at all, but thanks for the heads up there. I'm only planning on losing maybe another 10 lbs, so I'm not overly concerned.
>>
>>16879790
It's ineffective because there's a high chance that since your body hasn't had proper time to adjust you'll just gain a lot of it back.

Diet and exercise is just the way to go. There's no secret trick to weight loss.

I mean look, if it's working it's working, it's working. It's just that It's common for people to do this for a month or two and over the course of a month gain it all back. This isn't to discourage. This is to encourage proper weight loss and healthy dieting.
>>
There is a potential risks of developing gall/kidney stones
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x400
What are good excercises for a fatfag to get thin with quickly
>>
>>16880193
>>>/fit/
READ THE STICKY
>>
>>16880193
in short: no such thing. despite what every fittness machine ad on tv tells you

>no subtitute for hard work and 'dem gains

look into muscle confusion exersizes (like p90x) its not a new thing its been around for about 30 odd years. any more than a hour workout and you are overworking muscles.
workout as soon as you wake because after that your muscles have already streched for the day
>>
Be sure to have some protein or you will break down cellularly
>>
>>16879744
Often times people that have gone through stomach staples or gastric bypass that lose massive amounts of weight super fast, such as 200ish pounds over a year or so puts too much strain on the liver and causes liver failure.

Like fast weight loss is ok, but just fucking bottoming out on your weight will kill you.

Source: I work in hospice and have cared for patients who have died that way.

Also if you lose weight due to starvation tactics the body will naturally revert more easily after the starvation period ends.
>>
>>16879744

I lost about thirteen pounds in three weeks by cutting down to 2300 calories. I do about an hour of pretty intense exercise every day.

I was 28% body fat though and I'm male so I had a lot to lose. I have egg whites and two pieces of bacon for breakfast, yogurt for a snack, a bit of meat and a giant salad for lunch, another snack, then the same for dinner.

I am never hungry and every meal is satisfying. 1200 cals is unsustainable, that combined with little or no exercise guarantees you're going to be fat again in a couple months. If you do by some miracle manage to only eat 1200 calories for the rest of your life you're going to have loose skin everywhere and look like a flying squirrel.
>>
>>16879744
>what's "so bad for you" when it comes to losing weight quickly?
jelly bitches :^)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.