[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I drop college and get a job? Because of several reasons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: o_913584-610x457.jpg (113 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
o_913584-610x457.jpg
113 KB, 610x457
Should I drop college and get a job?
Because of several reasons (some of them medical) it has took me longer to graduate than most people - I'm 24 and still in college, I started when I was 20 because I went neet for a couple of years.
I don't think there is much prospect for my majors, and both often involve work I'm not very much into.

I also want to get a job because I don't want to keep leeching my parents. They're okay with it because I'm "studying," but considering how much time I have spent in college without getting a degree it'd be a lie to say I've made an effort (even if I felt it that way).
>>
I'm in the same place and want to do the exact same thing, so monitoring this thread.
>>
>>16879710
What's your major anon?
>>
>>16879676

I dont know if this is your case, but it sure was mine and it helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhb5lfqSIw8
>>
File: ScienceFair.jpg (34 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
ScienceFair.jpg
34 KB, 407x405
I say get through it bro, this coming from someone who decided the work path with the Ill go back and go to college... Im neck beard as fuck and still haven't been back. Your parents will appreciate you graduating instead of dropping. My sister dropped two different times and all my parents could think was all that money for nothing in the end. Get your education while you still can, shit actually is important.
>>
>>16879756
How old are you?
>>
You're balls deep now. You don't have to work in the industry of your major if you don't want to but if yore this far in there's no point in pulling out now. Get your degree - coming from someone who doesn't have one it will open up a lot more doors than not having it. Your only choice for good money without it are the trades or running your own business. Good on you for trying to quit leeching on your parents but remember you'll also do them proud by seeing this through, and can pay them back in the many years after.
>>
>>16879676
Hi OP, I was in a similar situation.

I went to Penn State from 19-21.

Had many medical issues. (Spina Bifida)

I ended up dropping out, collecting SSI, and doing shit loads of physical therapy (part of only 3% to regain function of lost nerve ability).

I ended up going through OVR, and really thinking about what I wanted to do with my life.

I finally reenrolled at 25 after most of my major medical issues were behind me. I switched majors to something fun and interesting, and went to a cheaper college. That whole "I wish I knew what I know now" was in full swing.

I was healthy, mentally and physically and actually enjoyed college and classes. I met the love of my life, I had a child, and I graduated late, but near the top of my class. I was 28 when I graduated but my world view was so crystal clear at that point. I wish I didn't suffer for four years of what ifs and worry.

tl;dr - Take care of yourself first, the world can wait.
>>
Ha, you faggot,

Im in the same.boat. Started in 2009, back when I was 18 and still havent finished it, and its a fucking four year degree!

Listen up, get a job and also finish that shit. Do you want all that time and money to gwt wasted for nothin? Comw on. Once you finiah , you will have an infinitely better job, ao hurry up and finish.
>>
>>16880027
College is free here so there's that. I don't like the idea of wasting time, but sometimes I think is better to let go, because I'll never be good at the field.

>Listen up, get a job and also finish that shit
It's hard to do both at the same time because of the schedule for lectures.
>>
>>16879895
This. Even if you're not in your field, advancement and management will forever be out of your reach without a degree of some sort.
>>
I mean, just finish it OP.

How much time till you graduate?
>>
>>16879756
Thirties
>>
>>16880168
>How much time till you graduate?
One year and a half.
>>
File: 1449538583968.jpg (194 KB, 1568x1938) Image search: [Google]
1449538583968.jpg
194 KB, 1568x1938
>>16879676
>>
File: solaire of astora.jpg (76 KB, 1269x803) Image search: [Google]
solaire of astora.jpg
76 KB, 1269x803
>>16879676
Hey man i feel you. Currently trying to get into a nursing program and its tough as hell at where im at. keep going man.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.