[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm scared my mom is pressing charges on me for criminal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1454608406758.jpg (43 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
1454608406758.jpg
43 KB, 640x625
I'm scared my mom is pressing charges on me for criminal damage and disorderly conduct. I got arrested, but let go until my court date. The total damage done is around $250 which I can pay easily, but reading into it this is being considered domestic violence and I might be facing jail time.

I wouls honestly rather suicide before jail. Old people are biased against young people so i'll probably have my life destroyed, at that point what is the point living?

She called my brother to tell him not to worry, and idk what that means.
>>
First you gotta tell us what you did in the first place

And the only scary jail is maximum security. The others are either school-like or vacation homes.
>>
>>16876417

It's just some scratches on some floors I did when I was thinking about everything my parents did to me growing up and to that day.
>>
>>16876417

Also, im concerned what will happen financially. I'll prolly lose my job and fail my college classes for not being able to attend.
>>
>>16876406
How are you not getting probation or something
>>
>>16876406

its 250, they wont send you to jail. old people are not biased against young people.
>>
Well if what you said was true, that seems pretty silly for something your mom is willing to press charges with.

Try sitting down with her and talk about it, a long talk. Agree to pay for damages and to drop the charges. Try to understand her feeling on the matter(s) so you both can come to a mutual understanding.

If you do happen to go to jail, it's not the end of the world, just tell your job and college. There's a chance you might get fired or laid off, but I knew of a few people who went to jail, came out and still were able to keep their jobs or obtain better jobs.

But like what
>>16876531
Said, you'll most likely be put on probation if your mom is adamant about this situation.
>>
>I wouls honestly rather suicide before jail. Old people are biased against young people so i'll probably have my life destroyed, at that point what is the point living?
This is a really extreme reaction. Get some therapy, anon...
>>
>>16876531
Me again also suicide over a 3 month jail sentence is pretty fucking redixulous

Prison maybe jail.. Come on. Jail is just sleeping
>>
>>16876406
I don't know all of the details of your situation, but it sounds like if all you did was put some scratches on the floor, then your mom is overreacting and trying to manipulate you. No judge in his right mind is going to press domestic violence in this situation, they have real criminals to deal with. Pay the fine, take the light charges (if you even get those), get out of your clearly unhealthy family situation, and check your ass into therapy.
>>
>>16876624
Source: My Mom was a abusive, dramatic, alchy, who tried to push charges to keep me from leaving.
>>
>>16876546

What about my apartment lease and bills? I doubt I would be able to get a job again with a criminal record and bein the spaghetti lord that I am. I was lucky to get my current job considering how awful I did in the interview.

>>16876584
I don't see a problem with suicide/euthaniziation.

>>16876593
It's about the aftermath, also I will go insane if I can't be alone. I need to be alone to stay sane and calm. People piss me off.

>>16876624

I don't have time for therapy, most of my anger/frustration comes from not being allowed to have a youth and being forced to work 24/7 and no time for myself.

I can't even get much financial aid because my mom makes 180k/year (She blows it all on herself).
>>
>>16876706
I went to jail and they locked me in a room by myself and I just sat on my bed writing raps
>>
>>16876710

I'll probably go on a killing spree when I get out if I were to go to jail. All that time to think about everything I hate.

Not gonna lie.
>>
>>16876722
so spend that time thinking about things you like. you do know that you have at least *some* control over what you think, right?

in any case it won't matter because you're not going to jail for scratching a fucking floor. did you do something else that you haven't told us about that is prompting a domestic violence charge?

also, OP are you white?
>>
>>16876745

Yeah I'm white. The officer who drove an hour to where I live/work first was domineering and authoritative at first, but became more chill because I was compliant. Only reason they let me go until my court date.

I fear the court will rule me harshly. People seem to have a delusional perspective that all females and moms are perfect. I also think they'll treat me like a wife beater.

No, I can't think of anything I like, sorry.
>>
>>16876786
>Yeah I'm white.
then you won't have nearly as much trouble finding work, apartments, etc. as you think you will. most people are at least slightly reasonable. yeah you will probably get turned down more often, but you'll find something. also the longer time that's elapsed since the charge, the less anybody will care about it.

>I fear the court will rule me harshly. People seem to have a delusional perspective that all females and moms are perfect.
ok well since you didn't listen to all the people who told you you're not going to jail, enjoy dying a thousand deaths of anxiety before your brutal ass-destroying sentence of wearing an ankle bracelet even starts.

>I also think they'll treat me like a wife beater.
why? I'm not asking about how judgmental "they" are, I want to know what YOU did that makes you think they will put you in jail. I noticed how you focus on "they" and how unfair and terrible they are, but you don't say anything about what YOU did to get yourself in this situation.

honestly OP idk what else we can tell you.

>No, I can't think of anything I like, sorry.
don't apologise to me, apologise to yourself. maybe it's time you learned to like something.
>>
>>16876417
I dunno I worked in a max prison for a bit and I did one day out at minimum and minimum fucking seemed to suck worse
>>
>>16876406
Hire a lawyer. Most likely can get this dropped/deferred adjudication/probation. You might even be able to get the arrest expunged. (It's sounding like a misdemeanor anyways)

Talk to a lawyer. TALK TO A LAWYER.

(Also perhaps try to get your mom to not press charges, say whatever you have to until it's over)

You should probably talk to a lawyer.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.