[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making you cringe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
What are some things that guys do that make you cringe? Nothing easy like wear a fedora and whatever, like what physical features makes you cringe with a guy, what are some things guys say or do that make you cringe. This is open to guys and girls im a guy and I'll start

>I cringe when I see really tall skinny lanky guys walk around because they swing their arms so fucking hard.
>>
>>16876262
I've never seen tall guys swing their arms hard.
>>
>>16876262
Immasculated manlet detected
>>
>>16876265
There is this kid in my college class who when he walks his arms go like half way up near his chest I swear to god. And he is always like half walking and half running. And a bunch of other shit that I don't feel like adding
>>
>>16876268
Nah its not an issue with him being tall persay its just his really long lanky ass arms that generate more power then a windmill when he walks around
>>
>>16876273
Sounds like he needs to lift weights and develop some ils.

I cringe when I see fat people drinking soda.

I had an autistic fat kid in my engineering classes who would carry a jug of kool aid or one of those thirst buster barrels of soda. He sounded like a chick and had a lisp and on the upper floors you could feel him coming by the thumping on the floor. He wore sweatshorts and flip flops every day.

I don't know his name but I nicknamed him Tubbles in my head.
>>
I dislike guys that feel the need to touch me/grab me when they talk to me. I can hear you fine without your hand, dear. And also when I see guys move from one girl to the next at the bar - hitting on all of them. If you go around telling ever girl that she's lovely and asking her about herself and moving to the next and doing the same thing, you look like an idiot. Anywhozers. /rant haha
>>
>>16876295
I don't think those kind of guys care what goes on in your head.
>>
>>16876295
Are you really this naïve or just stupid
>>
>>16876306
Yep. I know they don't. I'm just naming a few things off the top of my head that some guys do that make me cringe. Still a shame, though lol
>>
When a guy talk to the girl friend zoning them and they are oblivious. A lot of times they use a really soft voice and direct most of their attention to the girl, and she couldn't care less about whatever bullshit he says.
>>
File: 1429979297675.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1429979297675.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>16876284
fuck i laughed at this
>>
>>16876307
Stupid about what? Not liking guys grabbing my wrist or the back of my neck while they talk to me? Ever see a guy do that to yor sister or Mom? Guess it doesn't bother you. Must be a wristgrabber yourself
>>
i guess this could apply to anyone but in my experience, guys have done this a lot more than girls have.

i hate when guys i've just met (friend of a friend, usually) hug me goodbye. i really don't know why but if i just met you and we barely spoke, hugging me just seems so weirdly personal.
>>
Guys that make me cringe are ones that are obviously with their wife or gf and they check me out in front of them. Some even turn their head to check out my ass. It makes me feel bad for their wife/gf.
>>
>>16876332
They do that because they're initiating physical contact immediately. Because they just want to fuck you that night. You're clearly going to bars where people hook up and you're complaining about men who are looking for a one night stand.
>>
>>16876333
Same, I fucking hate it when guys I barely know go in for the hug, even if they're someone I know doesn't have weird intentions, like one of my friend's boyfriends or brothers. It's just errrrgh please don't touch me if I'm not your friend.

>>16876338
I actually don't mind guys staring at me or my body, but I do mind when they make actual fucking comments about it or ask me my ethnicity like it's some sort of weird exotic thing.
>>
>>16876295
Yea I agree. The neck or waist grabbing is a huge no no for me.
The second part not so much. I think it's funny desu. I've said no to "Can I get your number?" and have seen the same guy making rounds asking more ladies. I think it's hilarious
>>
I have a very specific memory of what made me cringe the hardest; a guy from my class (his name was Ulrik - yeah not kidding) was holding onto some handles in the subway(the ones meant for people standing up). This dude had serious sweat marks in his armpits and decided that now was the time to fucking flex his flimsy-ass arms. Stood there like a special needs child for 15 minutes. I cringed so hard, my shoulders touched over my head.
>>
>>16876333
Many guys think that is proper etiquette. Chicks always wanted to hug constantly where I grew up. They probably grew up somewhere like that as well.

It would annoy me too when I was autistic in high school. Like I don't know you, girl, why are we hugging?
>>
>>16876341
I'm not talking about a sweet hand on the arm movement. I mean guys that grab you hard and don't let go. Whether it's in a bar, restaurant, an office, or outside, I've had different guys do that to me. Weirdly, it's usually older men. It's hard to explain. This one guy, Paul, does it everytime I see him. He's nearly 70 and has a family, but he comes up and grabs you really hard by the back of the neck or arm. I can't explain it better than that
>>
>>16876333
>>16876349
>2013
>downtown chicago
>out with bf (now ex-bf) at the time to go see a concert
>he says his friend was interested in going as well
>think nothing of it
>the guy was a total ass
>felt weird but grinned through it for bf
>at the concert
>bf walked away for a bit to get something to drink
>his friend stands really close to me the whole time
>freeze up because it felt really weird
>end of the night we walk back with him to his apartment
>his friend says "you're not gonna give me a hug?"
>i open my mouth to reply but i barely got a word out
>he says "there we go" and pulls me in for a big hug
>i wanted to die
it just felt so forced and weird, i never saw him again after that either
>>
>>16876362
Please rewrite this in a way that makes sense.

Was he standing or sitting?

If he was standing, where else would he put his hands?

Why is your class on a subway, did you tour a city or something?

Was it hot out?

Are you sure he wasn't just leaning on the handle?
>>
>>16876349
I don't care if a guy stares at me either, but when you got your lady with you it's different. In my eyes I see it as disrespectful. Especially if you're turning your neck hard to see my back side. My husband gets pissed at guys that look at me while he's with me too.
>>
>>16876376
Your husband sounds like a nerd
>>
>>16876369
Probably the same old guys who want to shake my hand after one conversation. Different generation I guess.
>>
>>16876376
Eh I don't really feel the same way. Would you rather them be really secretive about looking? I feel like that's worse. I'd rather have my boyfriend say to me "Damn that woman's rack is amazing, do you think it's real? I'm going to be looking at that when she walks by" rather than tell me he's just stretching his neck due to a really bad cramp.
>>
>>16876389
Lol
>>
File: 1442028403614.jpg (725 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442028403614.jpg
725 KB, 1200x1200
Guys who make their insecurities obvious by making threads about other people on 4chan.
>>
File: mahboob.jpg (71 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
mahboob.jpg
71 KB, 480x482
>>16876338
yeah i feel this. if it's a guy on his own or out with friends, i don't really mind but if he's clearly out with a woman, i feel really uncomfortable.
>>
File: blech.jpg (6 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
blech.jpg
6 KB, 221x228
>>16876373
ok, I'm trying again;
class was touring London - hence the subway.
The subway was pretty empty, except for us(my class and I), since it was in the early mornin' hours.
Ulrik was standing in the middle of the aisle, holding onto the top bars. There was more than plenty of sitting space, he just needed an excuse to flex. Kind of hot weather, which is why one would be especially aware of the onion-ring-syndrome.
And finally, he was not leaning. He took up the entire walkway in the middle, to be able to hold onto bars on each side of the cart.
Pic related; mfw too drunk to english and contstruct sentences.
>>
>>16876399
>people who blame insecurity for everything
>people who use the word projecting but don't really know what it means
>people who don't like fun
>>
>>16876392
my boyfriend and i do that with each other, i guess it feels more honest? like he has no problem telling me that a girl we passed on the street is cute and vice versa if i see a cute guy.
>>
>>16876372
Gross. That exact same thing happened to me too (the "Aren't you going to give me a hug?" *I'm speechless from NOPE* and then "There!") when I met my friend's boyfriend the first time. He's apparently a very physically affectionate person and she loves that about him, but it just makes me very uncomfortable.

On a different note, I really hate it when guys were strong cologne. Basically everyone has a certain scent around them, guys and girls, whether it's their shampoo or deoderant and whatnot, but some guys were STRONG cologne and it just envelops the whole fucking room and I can't stand that. I don't know whether they're trying to attract someone or if it's masking another smell like they didn't shower or something. It's distracting and not in an appealing way.
>>
>>16876413
Us too, and I'd rather have it that way than catching him some super secret ploy to get a look at an attractive woman.
>>
>>16876415
I know what you mean. I've had a buddy who's gf was a rampant slut and would hit on me in front of him. It got real weird real quick.

I think you should simmer down the autism though, hugs are whatever. I got past that in high school where girls did it constantly without reason.
>>
>>16876262
>Guys who have long hair but never take care of it so it's always greasy or scraggly like straw.
>Guys who try to insert themselves into our 'girls nights'.
>Guys who try desperately to get with every single girl in a friend circle in a very short period of time. Obviously only wanting to have a gf for the sake of having a gf and not because he particularly likes or cares about anyone.
>Guys who keep trying to insert themselves into monogamous lesbian relationships/guys who continue to try and fail to get with a girl who is taken and wouldn't date them even if she wasn't. (One dude has been trying to get with my gf since 2014. She tells him no every single time, has blocked his phone number and social media, and ignores him in their classes but somehow the message hasn't sunk in yet.)
>>
>>16876392
I've never caught my husband secretly looking and he'd never say something like that out loud since he finds it just as disrespectful if I should do it. Not only is it disrespectful and embarrassing to your partner, but also the person you're pointing at and saying it loud enough so they hear you.
>>
Maybe minor but I hate when my old roommate would talk to his gf like a baby or cute animal, it's hard to describe anyone know what I mean?
>>
>>16876284
>Tubbles

Sides are gone senpai
>>
>chewing with your mouth open
>face tattoos
>those 'baby on board' things
>anytime i see a meme like printed out someone had to use ink on that
>>
>>16876632
Oh yeah, I know. Problem is, when it happens to you, it's the most adorable thing in the world, and you fail to see how obnoxiously nauseating it can be to listen to. It's a million times worse hearing it after you come out of a breakup...
>>
>>16876262
i'm trying really hard but i just can't come up with anything.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.