[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you manage to do anything other than sleep when you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
How do you manage to do anything other than sleep when you're depressed?

I'm on my period and lying in my own blood and a cut on my thigh is infected. I haven't brushed my teeth or gone outside in weeks.

The NHS has put me on a waiting list, the local mind charity don't offer therapy, I'm on my own here.
>>
>>16875361

fuck I wish I lived near you, I'd come over and make you take basic care of yourself until I wasn't feeling pissed anymore
>>
>>16875361
You need to get up before you get sick.
>>
The short walk to the offie for a few cans of Mocne 14% becomes much shorter when you're depressed.
>>
Get up. The rest of us depressed fags need some inspiration. Brush your moldy teeth, pack your vaj and go and shoplift some antibiotic ointment for your cut.

If you do that, I will get out of bed and try to give a shit.
>>
>>16875361
Have the same problem, my partner doesn't seem to love or care for me anymore. When he complains about me as usual I just stay quiet and don't argue anymore. My nails are infected and I haven't seen a doctor in weeks, laying in bed with no one to talk.
>>
I'm in the same boat. There is no 100% perfect answer, because otherwise we wouldn't be depressive pieces of human thrash, but here is what I do: I write a list of the small things I want to do and I make sure to take breaks between every task. It often feels like doing one thing immediately lead to another and another and therefore just doing the first one is too intimidating. That's why it's important to take breaks between every task. I also set small specific rewards for after I do certain tasks and I try to focus my mind on the reward, like playing a game or watching a movie or eating something tasty. I focus on thinking "if I do X then I can do Y" and I push myself through the day as best as I can.

I advise that you ask friends and family to help you. You should also look up therapists and therapy groups if available.
>>
If you're in London I'll bring you some tampons, if you like.
>>
>>16875361
Same here, but for me I am useless during some days and cool the other ones. So the days I wake up and I am in pain and I know this day will not be the best and I accept it. But I know the pain won't be there tomorrow or in couple other days and then I live to the fullest. Sometimes for living to the fullest for me is making my place spotless and getting really hot and just hanging with friends, because, well, that's me.But I feel amazing in the end of those days and those days are what I'm looking forward to when I'm bedridden.
>>
>>16875387
>Mocne 14%
It is what I think?
>>
>>16875400
tak
>>
>>16875361 (OP)
First off do something you like, next something you should do bout self and step by step restore self to working order(or something at least look like).

>>16875405
Powitać i proszę na bogów tylko nie to "piwo"
>>
Guys I'm out of bed and I've put tea tree oil on the cut.

Now I'm going to pick things up from the floor
>>
>>16875446
Well done
>>
I had a shower. Now the only thing I'm going to do is try not to fall asleep until a reasonable time.
>>
>>16875685
Awesome! That's a hard step when working through depression.

Do something for you--that makes you feel loved and pampered.
>>
>>16875361
Brush your teeth twice daily, holy shit that's disgusting. Do you want rotten teeth too?

Then go to pharmacy, buy tampons, buy anti bacterial shit or whatever to get your wound cleaned up.
>>
i sit in the shower until i stop crying then i try to complete my day with the least amount of crying possible
>>
>>16875361
>I haven't brushed my teeth in weeks

Yuck. No, seriously one thing is to be depressed and another to be a disgusting animal.
>>
>>16875361
Relax, read, be with yourself.
Enjoy This moment.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.