[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there are all these girls who can date guys all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
How come there are all these girls who can date guys all the time and they choose to date or not date depending on how they feel, but I can't even get one date with a guy?

What is it that they're doing apart from being prettier than me?
>>
/troll
>>
>>16872411
Why on earth do you think this is a troll? I just want to understand what they're doing.
>>
Impossible to answer that.

Personality
Demeanor
Approachability
Style of dress
Hygiene
Racial/regional bias
Any other seemingly arbitrary thing.

Take your pick.
>>
>>16872420
How do you increase your aproachability and what demeanor are you mean to have?
>>
>>16872428

You increase approachability by having a friendly demeanor. Be aware of how your facial expression is. Perhaps you are constantly giving off a scowl or glare without realizing it.

Make small talk with people you are interested in meeting with and introduce yourself. Don't just wait for everyone to come to you. Need to take initiative.

Show some interest in whatever it is they are doing (even if you aren't really interested). Ask questions about what they do. People love talking about themselves.
>>
>>16872428
Go to a place where guys are actively looking for females. Go with friends though, not alone. Dress up nice and get out there. f it doesn't happen in one night, do it again. Seriously, if you go to a club looking cute, you will literally have no issues. You can even sit like a shy dainty wallflower and pick up something. It may not be Mr. Perfect, but it will at least give you some confidence and realize that it is easier to get a guy. I went out with my friends to a desert concert, and even the semi-average and overweight looking girls will hook up with someone. Most of the dudes are total chads and their one night stands, but you literally just have to be cute and or confident.
>>
>>16872446
I can get one night stands if I go out that's not a problem.

but I'm talking about dating.
>>
>>16872440
This is all just stuff I'm already doing, sigh.
>>
>>16872448
There are these things called dating sites. Or apps. Besides, there is nothing wrong with one night stands, they can sometimes turn into relationships.
>>
>>16872473
All you get on those sites is guys wanting to hookup

They've never turned into relationships for me.

I'm still no closer to understanding what these girls do to be able to get dates so easily.
>>
>>16872483
Do you live in a city or the boondocks? A place with many available singles or few to pick from?
>>
>>16872490
A capital city.
>>
>>16872473
>There are these things called dating sites. Or apps. Besides, there is nothing wrong with one night stands, they can sometimes turn into relationships

Yup.

Met my girlfriend through online dating. We've been together a year as of next week, and next month we're going to her friend's wedding--who also met her husband-to-be on the same site.

My best friend and his ex started off as a one night stand. They were together for 4 years and lived together for 3 of them. She's actually really cool girl and i think of her almost like a little sister.
>>
>>16872496
Then you should just keep on trying to date. Dating sites and bars. The usual. Just because you mostly get hookups doesn't mean you can't meet someone serious that way.

Really, you can just meet a guy even if you're not sure about him wanting to only hook up or not. At the worst, you can just not put out.
>>
>>16872502
How do you get actual dates and not just hookups on online dating sites? And how do you turn hookups into relationships?
>>
>>16872504
But it's been like this for years clearly it's not working.

I've never been able to meet anyone who wanted more than just to hookup.
>>
>>16872509
Expand your horizons then. Online is a great place to meet people. You can find guys who live not in your city but still somewhere close enough. Or even somewhere a bit more far away but within traveling distance.

How old are you?
>>
>>16872514
>>
Have you tried considering men who are below 8/10?
>>
>>16872525
That's way too early to be worried. People at your age are only starting to look for their first real jobs out of college and starting their careers.

Just enjoy hooking up and dating, if you can't get a hookup to turn into something serious then simply don't worry about it. You will have plenty of time to land a guy who you click with and will become more serious with.
>>
>>16872531
My friends say all my crushes are ugly so I guess I do.
>>
>>16872483
>They've never turned into relationships for me.
what do you mean, you actually fucked them? that's not very bright...
>>
>>16872538
Most people my age have had their first relationship already. So it's way past the time to start being worried

>Just enjoy hooking up and dating

Hooking up isn't fun and I've never been able to get a date.
>>
>>16872541
They don't want to do anything but fuck, it's not like I went on a date with them and then ruined it by putting out too early.
>>
>>16872547
It's a numbers game for everyone. Just because you haven't lucked out so far doesn't mean you should stop trying. Just the opposite.

Hell, even 4chan has /soc/. You could even find something special there that you wouldn't dare mention on conventional dating sites (i.e. threads about kinks, fetishes, special wants in a partner...)
>>
You're probably not very attractive.
>>
>>16872505

For obvious reasons, I can't really say first what how to do that as a woman, I can only relay what I've gleaned from others.

Pretty much you just do it enough 'til you find someone who wants what you want. I remember my first date with my girlfriend, at one point towards the end she literally said, "Finally. I feel like I've met a prince, after dealing with so many frogs. I was about ready to give up, but this date made it worth it." We've also traded some of the cringe stories from dating (guys get them too. Though I just find them funny), so I know how tough it can be.

Even for me it took about 2 years of constantly going on dates and meeting new people to finally meet my GF. But I kept an open mind and just met whoever, and just treated it as meeting new strangers with new life stories for me to hear about.

I have absolutely no idea what the online dating climate is like right now, but it also helps if you'e on the right type of site/app. We met each other on OKC, which--in my expereince--tended to be a lot less hookup oriented. I'm not sure if it was because you had to invest more in making your profiles, or because I just was able to weed out people better with the information I had, but I got a lot less random chicks who only wanted my dick for a night (I remember there was this girl from POF who literally started asking about what my penis was like in the first 15 minutes of us meeting for coffee).

For the one night stand to dating conversion, it's just you meet someone where in the small little moments in-between when you're laying in bed making small talk, you end up making a common connection that serves as like an anchor of interest. You get curious and start talking more, and things just kind of naturally escalate, and your one night stand becomes more.
>>
>>16872407
> I can't even get one date with a guy?
You're fat.
They're not.
>>
Maybe you're annoying or boring? Make sure you have hobbies and you're not a bitch and you can carry a conversation. Be nice, make eye contact and keep yourself looking your best

If you're autistic or something then get a male dominated hobby so nerds will fawn over how cool it is that you do ___. You can rest on that while developing social skills.
>>
What kind of guy are you looking for? Maybe you're looking for the wrong type of guy?

Also, are you fat?
>>
>>16872407
How many men have you asked out?
>>
>>16872502
>>16872473
Same here. Met my boyfriend online and we've been together for a while. Usually with guys and girls, you can tell right away from how they talk if they genuinely want to talk to you and get to know you or if they just wanna fuck.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.