[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do people move out? It's literally fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
How the fuck do people move out? It's literally fucking impossible you need like 2000 dollars for a car another 2000 to start renting and then an apartment is like 800 a month.

I live with literally the shittiest parents ever and I need to get the fuck out. They stay up until like 3 am slamming doors and yelling and talking and then they wake up at like 9 and cook a shit load of smelly food and then they just sleep all day after ruining my sleep. The entire house is old as fuck and broken down filled with mold and asbestos and the Windows all leak a shit load of air so the air is so dry inside you can't even breathe. My dad sleeps right under me on the couch for some reason and he snores and moans in his sleep all fucking night and it's fucking maddening

I would literally take ANYTHING over this. I'm not going to be able to sit here for 6 months and work while I save. I'm just not. I've never hated anyone this much.
>>
>>16868342
have you tried explaining your problem to them?
>>
>>16868349
Yes they don't care
>>
>>16868351
have you tried flipping out and really having a go at them? if someone in my house was being this annoying i would flip my shit. of course they are your parents and you should respect them but it just sounds like they are being pathetic.
>>
Gee, saving up the money to do it sure would be a fantastic start.
>>
>>16868353
I do and they say stupid shit like what the fuck I'm not allowed to leave my room and walk around my house? They act like they're doing it at normal hours but they only do it at like midnight or 10 am
>>
>>16868342

Nah.

>you don't need a car
>a room in a house is only 400/month, or a split apartment about the same
>5k isn't even a lot of money, literally get a fucking job

First of all, pare down your stuff until you have a backpack, a suitcase/duffel bag, and a few boxes. Moving is infinitely harder and more expensive with more shit.

Second, you don't need a car. Take your backpack and duffel with you on a plane or bus, have a friend mail you the other boxes when you get a place (give him money for the shipping.)

Third, apartments are cheap as hell, even in big cities, if you split them. padmapper has a lot of shit, or craigslist. I browse cities for fun and even in big cities I have found places for 500 a month. Get a room in a shared house or apartment. No, you can't afford an entire apartment, like you can't afford a fucking limo and private jet. You're poor, so act like it. A lot of places don't need a security deposit, either, especially if you're just subletting (renting from a guy who is renting from another guy, IE most housemate/roomie situations.)

Fourth, get a job, any job. Start applying in other places NOW, especially companies that easily hire and have offices where you are and where you want to go.

Fifth, learn some budgeting. Even with a shitty part time job, you can afford to live. (You won't have health insurance though.)

Sixth, if you want the easy way out go to uni, that was my first move-out from a shitty home situation. You sound stupid though so maybe not.

The hardest part is getting the courage to actually do it.
>>
You better do what it takes. You'll hate yourself even more if you don't.
>>
>>16868342
Have you tried working and saving money? That's how most people do it.
>>
Ugh you guys suck at buying shit.

2000 for a car? I just looked at my local pages and found newer cars listed around 1000-1250.

800 a month is above average. In my state I can find apartments for rent for 650-700. And that's the sticker price, landlords are open to haggling. You can get 800 down to 600-700 if you go for a tour of the place and say "I would like to move in her ASAP, but the price is slightly higher than another place I'm looking at. Can you do 700 a month?"
>>
>>16868514
> you don't need a car
Blatantly wrong in many areas of the world
>>
You don't need a car if you move to a large city (those always have decent public transport networks)
>>
>>16868342

do you have a job? at all? cuz if you dont have a job and are just NOW freaking out about moving out, got some bad news.

that being said, most people wokr their way up. if you cant stay home and save, you can move in to a shared room experience.

is sharing a room with a stranger (and two more strangers in the next room) worse than living with your parents? if not, go do that.

when i moved out rent was about 1400 for a two bedroom apartment. they (not me) lived 4 people to an apartment, so two to a room.

thats only 350 a month for rent. any part time job can cover that with some left over for food.

as for transportation there isnt much option. most people etiher got a car through parents, or saved up for a junker before moving out, or simply take public transit. we were los angeles, so public transit was easy.

form there you work your way up to getting your own bedroom by getting a better or full time job
>>
>>16870983
So in la I can live for 350 a month? I have a gf who would be down with that
>>
>>16870991

>so in la i can live for 350 a month

did you read my post after the number 350 or stop right there?
>>
>>16870999
I read all of it
>>
>>16871013

then why did you think you could live off of only 350 a month?
>>
>>16868342
>I live with literally the shittiest parents ever
This statement grouped with your idea that you NEED a car to move out and...
>macro named image.png
>windows autocorrected to Windows
you're clearly typing this on the iPhone your mom and dad bought you shows you probably aren't prepared to live in the shitty apartment you'd have to stay in, in order to move out.

You live in a goddamn house where the smell of fresh food being cooked at 9AM wakes you up? The fuck?
>>
>>16871029
I meant live in an apartment not every expense
>>
>>16868362
>10 am not being normal hours
I wake up at 5 in the morning to commute to my job that starts at 8AM. Are you still fucking sleeping at 10 you goddamn NEET? Jesus you fucking kids these days.
>>
>>16871032

you can. in hollywood that sort if window has closed. things are getting more expensive lately, and now that the minimum wage is shooting up to 15 dollars an hour its only going to get higher.

but you can find a two bedroom further out away from hollywood and the like (pasadena, definitely silver lake, etc) where you can spend 350 for your half of a room in a two bedroom apartment. give or take.
>>
>>16871041
I'd be happy with long beach or the suburbs
>>
>>16871044

long beach is expensive, its the beach matey. suburbs are too, cuz its houses on land with yards and shit. apartment is best bet. in a shitty neighborhood, with 4 roommates.
>>
>>16871060
Long beach is a million times cheaper than Hollywood
>>
>>16871063

is it? i might be operating under assumptions just because my ex lived there and it was expensive as fuark. but they were actually real close to the beach so maybe thats it?

idk,
>>
>>16868342
I was in the EXACT same boat you were OP, down to a T. Really, the only way out was to join the military. That's really the only solid choice you have at this point. If you live in America, it will solve pretty much all your problems, and then pay you to go to college.
>>
>>16871060
Parts of Long Beach are complete shit, dude, and cheap as fuck. But you're right, I'm pretty sure OP wants to live in a "nice" area where there isn't a drive by once a week and the cars down the street aren't all from the 80s.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.