[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would it cost insurance to cover the damage on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
How much would it cost insurance to cover the damage on this house?

I was told the desk in that room got damaged, if that gives you an idea about the interior.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>16864304
A lot. A whole Lot.

If you have liability insurance on your car, it should cover this except for your deductible.

If you don't, you're screwed.
>>
What the hell did you do, first of all?

Second, that's gonna cost a fuck ton. Can't tell you how much but it's gonna be expensive. I mean, that's a supporting wall, I'd assume. I hope you have good insurance.

I can't tell you how much your premium is going to go up without knowing what happened. I'd guess about 15%
>>
5k at the very least.
>>
>>16864458
Yeah i'd assume they'd have to replace the entire wall. Did you hit another persons house OP?
>>
File: image.png (107 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107 KB, 750x1334
>>16864463
Yes; I fell asleep, ran off road, ran through one property, ended up going sideways and hit the house of another property.

I'm not sure when I hit the brakes or if I ever did, but the friction from the tires dragging on the ground helped reduce the force of impact.
>>
>>16864823
fucking hell
>>
My uninsured/property damage coverage was 50/100, but I changed it to a smaller amount in 2014 because I didn't see any reason why I would get in an accident.

Then I got second job in 2015 and didn't bother to raise it.

Especially when they're both delivery jobs and your shifts are only a couple hours away from each other at night.

Lesson learned.
>>
>>16864823

Jesus fucking Christ, you should be thankful you didn't hurt anyone
>>
>>16864872
I should be thankful that I wake up at the slightest bump.

I wouldn't be posting this.

I'd say the best case scenario, if this couldn't have been avoided, is I was fully alert when I woke up and focused on spinning out in the yard or whatever that would only fuck up somebody's yard.

Instead, I was trying to focus on getting back on the road.
>>
>>16864886

>I wake up at the slightest bump
>rams into a house
>>
>>16864823
Were you just excessively tired or do you have narcolepsy? Either way, you really shouldn't be on the road in that state.
>>
>>16864908
I was extremely tired; I was getting close in completing my deliveries.
>>
>>16865107
>fall asleep delivering shit
This is why the government is going to cuck everyone and make non-AI cars illegal.
>>
>>16864304

Seeing that thin paper wall, the house owner was practically asking for it.
>>
>>16865505

He rammed into that house without even asking permission, anon. NO house is ever "asking for it" unless they give consent, no matter how thin the walls are. Only if the house says "yes" can you hit it with your car
>>
>>16864823
Holy guacamole. At least you hit a house and not another car head on.

There's a lot more than $25,000 damage there. The damage assessment alone, simply checking if the house moved on its foundations, water pipes, gas, etc will be around $3000. Then:

That wall needs to be demolished and reconstructed. Internal and external cladding, electrical and utilities (if any), alternate accomodation or inconvenience expenses, internal furnishings replaced if damaged.
>>
File: image.gif (981 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
981 KB, 300x192
Yeah don't tell the insurance people that you tried getting back on the road and leave the scene of an accident.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 750x1334
There's an update on the claim; still waiting to see how much it will cost me.

>>16865609
I was just thinking earlier that it's a good thing I didn't hit a car; I actually came pretty close in hitting one that was on jack stands and I found out later that somebody usually parks on a spot I would have slammed into if it were there the day of the wreck.

You can still live in a house if it's been slightly damaged, but you can't drive a car that's been slammed into.

I bet the owners would be extremely pissed off if I hit their car.
>>
>>16864907
FUCKING LOL
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.