[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I basically just want to know where to start to get my life together.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1454389990041.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454389990041.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I basically just want to know where to start to get my life together.

>clinically depressed for years, seen counselors a few times, didn't help much
>second semester university, 3 courses
>work 1 day a week, enjoy my job, basically minimum wage, no upwards mobility
>not fat, out of shape though
>chronic procrastinator. only ever get things done very last minute, but I always do get them done
>due to previous, I stay up very late and often only get a little amount of sleep
>have many pets that require my care. One of my few joys
>eat pretty okay
>loved by family and friends

I want to procrastinate less, sleep earlier and more, and start exercising, and I feel these will help with my depression and allow me to be more productive so I can do better in school etc. When I get home from the day, I plop down and I feel so tired I have to work myself up to get up to do the tiniest things like go to the bathroom. By the time it hits about 12 I start getting more energy and get a few things done, but they're limited. I'm not sure where to start because all of these issues are tangled up. I can't do things earlier or exercise because I'm so tired, because I do things late I go to bed late and get less sleep, because I don't get as much done as I like I feel more depressed, and the depression saps the remaining motivation I have. I'm tired of doing the bare minimum. I'm too tired to do most of the hobbies I enjoy. I want to develop good habits but I don't know how to pull myself together. School makes me feel suicidal almost every day. Being sad makes me feel guilty because my life is pretty good. I feel like I poison all relationships with my negativity. I try to keep it light, but it eats me up inside. I feel pushed to my limit even though I don't do much to the point where the thought of having to fit a dentist appointment in almost makes me panic.

I "function" but only barely. Where do I start building good habits? Will any of this even help me?
>>
File: 1446690053884.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446690053884.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1200
Someone please help.
>>
>>16864149
yeah you arent going to get some magic tip that makes it easy, fixing all that shit and getting to be a functioning person is an enormous amount of effort and no inspiration is enough to get through the grind

you have to start fixing these things bit by bit every day and not let yourself fall back into it
>>
File: IMG_20121006_183423_159 (1).jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20121006_183423_159 (1).jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Speak in a Russian accent and wear coats
>>
>>16864266
My question was where to start, though. Would medication be an option I need to consider? Should I wait until summer to begin my habits when I don't have school? Throw me a bone, senpai ;-;
>>
>>16864277
start right now by getting off 4chan and closing this tab, start the other things as soon as they come up
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.