[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an overweight female who's been trying hard on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (115 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
115 KB, 500x399
I'm an overweight female who's been trying hard on and off for serval years to lose weight. With no success, I've reached a point in which I no longer know what to do or how to motivate myself. My family has recently been talking to me about considering some weight loss surgery, I want more information but I'm not sure about it and I don't know who to ask. I'm also terrified of needles and hospitals stuff. Any success stories/things to calm my mind so I could agree to this?
>>
Weight loss surgery has alot of issues

Bypass = malnutrition
Lap band = ban burst

Go on /fit/ and find a way
>>
how overweight are you?
>>
>>16864073

I have a better idea.

Go to /fit/ and read the sticky (mainly the parts about diet). Read it a couple times to really understand it and make a lifestyle change. Even if you do decide to have surgery you're going to need how to eat properly in order to keep that weight off.
>>
Just how overweight are you? I've lost 60 pounds, have another 60 to go roughly, and it's really not all that much of an insurmountable wall.

My routine really just boils down to tracking how much I consume and what I do on myfitnesspal, and keeping it at a decent deficient. To be blunt about it, it seems like a lot of overweight people just try to throw half measures at the situation and panic when that's insufficient.
>>
File: ron.jpg (7 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
7 KB, 286x176
Weight loss surgery is no joke. It's the right decision for certain people. It's a moderate-risk surgery, meaning that a surgeon won't do it if you've got better odds of achieving better health without it.
So much of it is will and lifestyle. Mental and physical health is pretty closely connected. Improving one usually helps with the other. Are you also seeing a mental health professional for depression or other issues, or is your obesity caused by a biological issue? You'll have to straighten that out best you can, too, which will really make a difference towards better health.
>>
Go to /fit
>>
>>16864073
Sup?
What's your height and how much do you weight?.
What's your average workout like?
How much calories are you eating per day(just describe what you are eating through the day)?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.