[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broken Dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: broken-dreams.jpg (67 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
broken-dreams.jpg
67 KB, 640x427
What do you do if there's literally no way for you to pursue your passion?
No future I think of really appeals to me except one that is permanently beyond my grasp only due to the circumstances of my birth.
I'm having an awfully hard time forcing myself to like anything else.
>>
>>16863697

whats your passion?
whats stopping you from pursuing it?
>>
>>16863705
>whats your passion?
US Marine Corps
>whats stopping you from pursuing it?
T1 Diabetes

The only exceptions in their history have been with decorated individuals diagnosed while already active. Even then most get honorably discharged.
>>
>>16863715

>my passion is to be a US marine

why tho? jesus dude, bottom of the barrel much?

>MUH HONOR

if its about honor and such there are many other options through which you can pursue passion
>>
I drink and smoke. Give it a shot.
>>
>>16863723
>why tho?
It's what I've always wanted. I didn't pick it, that's just what I want.
>if its about honor
That's not the point at all. I don't care about 'honor', that's just an admittedly unnecessary detail about the nature of the discharge.

>>16863730
Sounds healthy.
>>
>>16863723
Yeah I've heard Marines get called a lot of things but bottom of the barrel isn't one of them

Just please don't say it in public, former Marines are everywhere and won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you
>>
>>16863737

>bottom of the barrel isnt one of them

then you've probably never had any extended contact with military. dad was navy. im air force. bros a marine. ill say what i want. marines is what happens when you fail at every chance of joining a good branch. some marines may not want to admit that, but the fact that they'd throw punches over a random strangers comment is proves the point.

go fuck urself.
>>
>>16863715
Know the saying that if life gives you lemons, make lemonade?

I wanted to become an NBA basketball player but it didn't work well so I pursued another passion instead.

It's fine by me and I won't get raped by Curry.
>>
>>16863697
I know it's not really good advice but you just have to let go. The sooner you stop thinking about what could have been the better. Wistfulness makes it hard to develop a new passion.
>>16863740
>chair force thinking they're better than anyone but army
Radical.
>>
I always thought it was my dream to join the Army and now here I am 6 years later in and it sucks.

I figure marines is similar, you didn't miss much man
>>
>>16863750

HURR DURR BE CAREFUL DONT SAY THAT IN PUBLIC THERES A LOT OF EX AIRFORCE AND TEHY WILL PUNCH YOU
>>
>>16863744
>another passion
I don't have one of these.

>>16863750
>develop a new passion
How does this even work?
>>
>>16863759
Oh gosh, I wouldn't want them to break their wrists.
>>16863764
You just need to get good at something. The key to passion is excellence.
>>
>>16863764
>How does this even work?

Try new things man. In regards to me I tried photography because a photographer friend encourage me to try it. I was always interested in taking photos and it kind of clicked.
Now I enjoy taking photos more than playing basketball.
>>
hey OP if you're still around gotta tell you that a couple years ago I got rejected by the US Navy for medical reasons and it was absolutely crushing. You know how when you take a beer can and crush it flat under your foot, that was what I felt like being robbed of that dream. So I definitely know what you're feeling.

It took a while but I got over it, I work as an EMT now and I feel like I'm doing something meaningful that helps people, that was why I wanted to join the military in the first place. I just focus on doing my job well and I know that if there's ever a real national emergency and the military needs me I'll be ready. But if that never happens I know I'm doing something that matters.
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (34 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
34 KB, 500x399
Well, you do what you can.

You're feeling what every black kid in the ghetto feels when he realizes he's not going to be a rapper or professional athlete.

So, you can steal cars, smoke crack, or find something new to do. Choose carefully.
Also, welcome to real life. Suck it up. You're neither lucky nor special, just like everyone else. Quit playing princess and get a fucking job. God forbid you get some life experience and find something realistic that you like even more, you plum.
>>
>>16863758
Not OP but what do you do in the Army? Much like OP, I've always planned on joining the Army but as an officer rather than enlisting, since I have my Bachelor's. Why do you hate it? I have been having doubts as of late..
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.