[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /adv/, long story short, I'm a college kid going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (384 KB, 866x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
384 KB, 866x960
Alright /adv/, long story short, I'm a college kid going through some stuff. I went my first semester and passed my classes, second semester I went for a few weeks but towards the end just stopped going because I just couldn't get motivated to go. I decided I should probably take a semester off and just work, and try to figure out what to do with my life. I tried to tell my parents that but they got pretty upset and basically made me register for the current semester. I intended to try to go but I never went, and now I have to withdraw from those classes because I have too many abscences, and because of this, I might get suspended from going to the school next semester. I feel bad because I know they want me to be successful and not waste their money, but I just can't be motivated to go when I don't really want to and I wish they could just try to understand where I am coming from. Anyway, they've been asking to see my grades for awhile and are getting pretty pissed so I'm gonna have to show them tomorrow. Here is my question; I know they are gonna be pissed either way, but what should I even say to them? I don't know how I should approach this or even possibly defend myself.
>>
>>16863436

>i intended to try to go

thats a whole lot of 'meh' behind that statement. and thats not a thing. 'try' implies an obstacle.

you can TRY to lift that weight, but it might be too heavy. you didnt TRY to go to class, cuz that literally just takes getting up and going.

you decided not to go. there was no try.

better find a friend you can stay with while you hunt for a job. there is nothing you can say but
>im lazy and do not care

cuz thats what it boils down to. you did school for the first 18 fucking years of your life. college is NOT that much harder, especially for a first year. you chose not to do good by simply not going
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.